Author Topic: Liberal business 101 ($15 minimum wage related)  (Read 8218 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Liberal business 101 ($15 minimum wage related)
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2015, 11:32:26 PM »
it's not just lberals.   dipshits on both sides supprt this.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2015, 11:41:02 PM »
it's not just lberals.   dipshits on both sides supprt this.
There's always few. You have to look at who the majority is. Liberals think 2+2 = 10

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2015, 11:48:43 PM »
There's always few. You have to look at who the majority is. Liberals think 2+2 = 10

Romney, OReilly, Haley Barbour, and 68 repubs in congress. 

http://www.thenation.com/blog/178055/6-conservatives-who-support-raising-minimum-wage

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2015, 11:51:15 PM »
Romney, OReilly, Haley Barbour, and 68 repubs in congress. 

http://www.thenation.com/blog/178055/6-conservatives-who-support-raising-minimum-wage

I don't give a fuck who they are. You could name warren buffet and I wouldn't agree. It doesn't make business sense in anyway, shape or form.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2015, 11:53:35 PM »
I don't give a fuck who they are. You could name warren buffet and I wouldn't agree. It doesn't make business sense in anyway, shape or form.

i agree completely there.   Ten years ago, I did a huge writeup for it when getting my MBA.

Raising minimum wage artificially makes no sense and does not work.  period.  economists agree, politicians blow with the wind either way.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2015, 11:58:59 PM »
i agree completely there.   Ten years ago, I did a huge writeup for it when getting my MBA.

Raising minimum wage artificially makes no sense and does not work.  period.  economists agree, politicians blow with the wind either way.

I actually had to look at that again. Raising the minimum wage is one thing but raising it to $15 is quite another. I don't think (I didn't look) that anyone agreed with THAT. You want to raise it .50-.75 every couple of years, fine. But 15 no one in their right mind with any business (not book) sense would laugh.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2015, 12:06:39 AM »
I actually had to look at that again. Raising the minimum wage is one thing but raising it to $15 is quite another. I don't think (I didn't look) that anyone agreed with THAT. You want to raise it .50-.75 every couple of years, fine. But 15 no one in their right mind with any business (not book) sense would laugh.

I don't like min wage laws.  I think there can be protection in the form of agencies that work with companies to ensure they choose some voluntary level, so workers know "McD WILL try to pay you $3 an hour, but you DONT have to take it".   

markets correct, and they work way better (and faster!) than DC.

I don't support ANY minimum wage.  it's  tool used by employers to keep workers down, actually.   LIke "Hey, we HAVE to only pay you $7.75, it's the law, man".

No, they choose to adhere to a shitty wage that's below level.  IMO, it'll rise naturally without legislation.  The natural pay wage will hit ten bucks, because firms will suddenly have to compete.  They can't all monopolize and hide behind a min wage.

I don't support "raising it some...." because that's just the same as "giving the libs SOME of what they want".  It's still in direct violation of the laws of economics.   

End the min wage tomorrow.  If McD cuts workers' pay, then watch how fast McD can't manage their drive thru windows when 5 people quit at 7am simultaneously and nobody else will come in.  If anything, they'd be RAISING wages to keep up with competitors.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2015, 06:29:22 AM »

It does but you wouldn't understand it.

The inequality in wages and profits is absurd. the only way to increase the economy is increase disposable income in those who have to spend it not horde it.

Jobs are decreasing, automation has taken a massive percentage of manned jobs.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2015, 09:38:55 AM »
It does but you wouldn't understand it.

The inequality in wages and profits is absurd. the only way to increase the economy is increase disposable income in those who have to spend it not horde it.

Jobs are decreasing, automation has taken a massive percentage of manned jobs.

Another thing. I'm tired of the inequality bullshit tag lines. You are what you're worth and what that company decides to pay you within reason. I'm not going to pay another coach minimum wage because of his education and experience but the same time I will pay minimum wage to have someone clean my gym. Should the person cleaning my gym be payed the same as a coach? Besides, who in the fuck has disposable income making $15?  

You're supposedly a doctor. How about paying the hospital cleaning staff the same as you. Do you see how rediculous that sounds? As far as automation goes. If it increases profits and lowers overhead then what's the problem? By raising minimum wage to $15 for a company that sells $3 burgers you're fucking people right out of a job anyway. The difference is that company that goes automated stays in business, will either create or retrain its staff (the ones who don't get let go) to operate and maintain those machines.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2015, 12:50:02 PM »
Lebron James makes a QUARTER OF A MILLION DOLLARS PER GAME.   
He also makes tens of millions each year in endorsements.

Now, is LeBron actually worth 250,000 for 48 minutes?  YES!  Because he makes people a shitload of money, because people fly from all over the world to see him play, paying 60 bucks or 1000 bucks for a ticket plus beers lol.  Toss in all the other ways people make money off him....

You cannot easily REPLACE a lebron.  You had a Magic/Bird, a Jordan, a Kobe, and now a LeBron.  You cannot just promote a russell westbrook and have the incredible thing you have with lebron.

The dude working the mcD grill baking the bread all day (the first job I had at McD) can be replaced in a day.  LebRon?  that takes 1 or 2 decades to find and market the next one of him. 

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2015, 01:25:30 PM »
Lebron James makes a QUARTER OF A MILLION DOLLARS PER GAME.  
He also makes tens of millions each year in endorsements.

Now, is LeBron actually worth 250,000 for 48 minutes?  YES!  Because he makes people a shitload of money, because people fly from all over the world to see him play, paying 60 bucks or 1000 bucks for a ticket plus beers lol.  Toss in all the other ways people make money off him....

You cannot easily REPLACE a lebron.  You had a Magic/Bird, a Jordan, a Kobe, and now a LeBron.  You cannot just promote a russell westbrook and have the incredible thing you have with lebron.

The dude working the mcD grill baking the bread all day (the first job I had at McD) can be replaced in a day.  LebRon?  that takes 1 or 2 decades to find and market the next one of him.  

So whats your point? Necrosis is arguing a bullshit talking point of "income equality". And it is bullshit.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2015, 03:54:44 PM »
So whats your point? Necrosis is arguing a bullshit talking point of "income equality". And it is bullshit.

my post totally proved your point about income equality.

Some people ARE worth 100x more money.  My post showed an example of that.  We're on the exact same side of this argument.  Lebron IS woth 100x or even 1000x the value $ of the person that mops the floor between free throws.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2015, 05:23:43 AM »

Yes income inequality is bullshit.

Wal-mart the biggest retail company in history pays less then many of it's competitors, the employee's are forced onto food stamps which you pick up the bill for.

There is a system, laws, regulations, they clearly favour the rich. Which makes sense since they created it.

Life is unfair, our system shouldn't be.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2015, 05:45:49 AM »
I don't like min wage laws.  I think there can be protection in the form of agencies that work with companies to ensure they choose some voluntary level, so workers know "McD WILL try to pay you $3 an hour, but you DONT have to take it".   

markets correct, and they work way better (and faster!) than DC.

I don't support ANY minimum wage.  it's  tool used by employers to keep workers down, actually.   LIke "Hey, we HAVE to only pay you $7.75, it's the law, man".

No, they choose to adhere to a shitty wage that's below level.  IMO, it'll rise naturally without legislation.  The natural pay wage will hit ten bucks, because firms will suddenly have to compete.  They can't all monopolize and hide behind a min wage.

I don't support "raising it some...." because that's just the same as "giving the libs SOME of what they want".  It's still in direct violation of the laws of economics.   

End the min wage tomorrow.  If McD cuts workers' pay, then watch how fast McD can't manage their drive thru windows when 5 people quit at 7am simultaneously and nobody else will come in.  If anything, they'd be RAISING wages to keep up with competitors.

Minimum wage is 7.25 and you simply can't live on that.  It needs to be raised so that less people will be on food stamps. 
A

Carlton G. Long

« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2015, 05:49:23 AM »

Minimum wage is 7.25 and you simply can't live on that.  It needs to be raised so that less people will be on food stamps. 

You obviously live on a lot less.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2015, 06:19:30 AM »

Agreed it's way too low.

But I think that if the min wage was removed, wages would go UP because employers would stop being able to use it as the default line in the sand.   "Hey, we pay min wage, everyone does".  Without that line, people who are alerady making 7.75 aren't going to suddenly accept 6 bucks an hour for the same job.   

IMO, the minute the min wage is removed, Burger king will raise its pay to 9 bucks an hour just to screw McD.  Then the bidding war, the "de facto" min wage, not the de jure min wage, comes into effect.   Fewer workers, working harder, making more money, leading to more efficient businesses.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2015, 06:21:30 AM »

Carlton G. Long

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2015, 07:52:52 AM »

::)

These tools can hold up all the signs they want, but if they really even work at this McDonald's, they will do what they are told once management is finished indulging them.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2015, 01:30:07 PM »
Yes income inequality is bullshit.

Wal-mart the biggest retail company in history pays less then many of it's competitors, the employee's are forced onto food stamps which you pick up the bill for.

1. Walmart employs over 2mil people. Out of those 2+ mil you're not going to please everyone and to the best of my knowledge and unless you're scamming the system. You can't be employed and food stamps at the same time. You seriously blame Walmart for people being on FS and not Obama? lol You're ONLY looking at this from a media talking point and "feeling" stance. Not a business stance. But I guess it's ok because it's not your money.

There is a system, laws, regulations, they clearly favour the rich. Which makes sense since they created it.

Life is unfair, our system shouldn't be.

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2015, 04:27:38 PM »

you think that raising the minimum wage will result in less people being on food stamps?  why? 

you think that getting people off of welfare is as easy as raising the fucking god damn minimum wage? 

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2015, 04:30:23 PM »
you think that raising the minimum wage will result in less people being on food stamps?  why? 

you think that getting people off of welfare is as easy as raising the fucking god damn minimum wage? 

Vince is a businessman and he knows his shit when talking about alot of business type matters but I agree, it won't be that simple of a fix.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2015, 04:34:08 PM »

Report: Walmart Workers Cost Taxpayers $6.2 Billion In Public Assistance

Walmart’s low-wage workers cost U.S. taxpayers an estimated $6.2 billion in public assistance including food stamps, Medicaid and subsidized housing, according to a report published to coincide with Tax Day, April 15.

Americans for Tax Fairness, a coalition of 400 national and state-level progressive groups, made this estimate using data from a 2013 study by Democratic Staff of the U.S. Committee on Education and the Workforce.

“The study estimated the cost to Wisconsin’s taxpayers of Walmart’s low wages and benefits, which often force workers to rely on various public assistance programs,” reads the report, available in full here.

“It found that a single Walmart Supercenter cost taxpayers between $904,542 and $1.75 million per year, or between $3,015 and $5,815 on average for each of 300 workers.”

Americans for Tax Fairness then took the mid-point of that range ($4,415) and multiplied it by Walmart’s approximately 1.4 million workers to come up with an estimate of the overall taxpayers’ bill for the Bentonville, Ark.-based big box giant’s staffers.

The report provides a state-by-state breakdown of these figures, as well as some context on the other side of the coin: Walmart’s huge share of the nationwide SNAP, or food stamp, market.

“Walmart told analysts last year that the company has captured 18 percent of the SNAP market,” it reads. “Using that figure, we estimate that the company accounted for $13.5 billion out of $76 billion in food stamp sales in 2013.”

Walmart spokesperson Randy Hargrove described this week’s report as “inaccurate and misleading,” referring to its use of extrapolated data and adding that public assistance program eligibility requirements vary from state to state.

“More than 99 percent of our associates earn above minimum wage,” he said. “In fact, the average hourly wage for our associates, both full and part-time, is an average of $11.83 per hour.”

He said the company had no internal figures to share on the number of workers receiving public assistance.

“The bottom line is Walmart provides associates with more opportunities for career growth and greater economic security for their families than other companies in America,” he said. “Our full and part-time workers get bonuses for store performance, access to a 401K-retirement plan, education and health benefits.”

Hargrove added that the number of Walmart employees receiving Medicaid is similar to the percentage for other large retailers — and comparable to the national average.

He pointed to a 2005 report by economist Jason Furman, now a White House adviser, describing Walmart’s Medicaid enrollment as “a reflection of [its] enormous size.”

Other large retail chains have been the focus of similar reports in recent months. In October, two studies released to coincide showed that American fast food industry outsourced a combined $7 billion in annual labor costs to taxpayers. McDonald's MCD +0.47% alone accounted for $1.2 billion of that outlay.

Yum Brands came in at a distant number two, with its Pizza Hut, Taco Bell and KFC subsidiaries costing $648 million in benefits programs for workers each year

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CB4QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.forbes.com%2Fsites%2Fclareoconnor%2F2014%2F04%2F15%2Freport-walmart-workers-cost-taxpayers-6-2-billion-in-public-assistance%2F&ei=KBcjVbyLBcnfsAWMgYHIBw&usg=AFQjCNGowhUGm-lzxSblsbHbjrK63qrP9w

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2015, 04:49:44 PM »
Vince is a businessman and he knows his shit when talking about alot of business type matters but I agree, it won't be that simple of a fix.

raising minimum wage a little bit could help without hurting.  raising minimum wage too much can absolutely cripple an economy.  that's what bleeding heart liberals do not understand.  this type of legislation needs to be handled with great care.  I don't think a lot of people on this board necessarily understand the negative impact that raising the minimum age can have. 

and it's very obvious a lot of people on this board never took a macroeconomics course.....ever.

if you sit on here and talk like this is a slam dunk, you've outed yourself as a mouth breathing asshole.

Carlton G. Long