Author Topic: Canned Protein instead of Regular Bodybuilding foods like Chicken Breast,etc?  (Read 6220 times)

1000MGTRENED

• Getbig II
After years of having fish, chicken breast, chicken thighs, steak, beef, ground beef (most of the bodybuilding staples) I can hardly take a couple bites without feeling nauseous eating any of them no matter how great I season them or prepare them. I can't stand to eat them.

But I found that I can eat sardines, tuna, canned/starkist chicken easily multiple times a day, no problem.

Would this be ok for someone who eventually wants to compete? Am i the only one with this problem?

Knooger

• Getbig V
Would be really high sodium I would guess.

Method101

• Getbig V
Just purchase a whey protein supplement, it will be cheaper, healthier, more effective and more convenient.

Most Fish contain high levels of mercury which is toxic. The only common fish that you can eat safely on a daily basis is Salmon.

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
Just purchase a whey protein supplement, it will be cheaper, healthier, more effective and more convenient.

Most Fish contain high levels of mercury which is toxic. The only common fish that you can eat safely on a daily basis is Salmon.

This is true, but sardines are low on the food chain so they have much less heavy metal contamination from fossil fuel use/fall out - to mercury conversion. Best to stick with feeder fish like this.

Also, i limit those canned sardines to 1 a day, and even that is pushing it. I do buy wild caught / BPA free sardines. Canned chicken is probably the most vile shit ever in terms of where that chicken came from (giant agribusiness, with zero ethics and loaded with salt and hormones). Maybe whole foods has some bpa free, free range canned but ive never looked

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
6 in one hand half a dozen in the other.

Erik C

• Getbig IV
Stop seasoning your fats and proteins. That's what's making you nauseous. The only seasoning you need is plain salt and butter. Never heard of anyone getting nauseous eating steak, except some animal rights lunatic vegan fag.

ritch

• Getbig V
chicken in a can looks disgusting, lol! Gonna have to learn how to cook better tasting meals!
Normally people go from can to real food, lol, odd you're doing the opposite but I just gotta feeling that canned chicken is not as good for you.

No idea how you eat tuna or sardines, even worse, grosss...
?

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
1000MENDRAINED

Knooger

• Getbig V
1000MENDRAINED

I'll get in line to make it 1001.

TheShape.

• Getbig V
How are sardines or anchovies in a can? Don't they come with the eye and all?

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
Canned sardines are tasty and very nutritious, but you'd have to eat a shitload of them to get much protein.

More of a snack, in my opinino

ritch

• Getbig V

there's this dude on youtube who eats everything you can imagine in a can. The chicken was the least digusting, lol and the chicken looks just nasty as shit. Would have to be starving to eat that, would probably hurl it up and make me even worse...
?

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
In elementary school, we made fun of a kid who always brought canned vienna sausages for lunch everyday because they looked like baby dicks. It's funny that even at such a young age, I realized canned protein was for fags.

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
Canned sardines are tasty and very nutritious, but you'd have to eat a shitload of them to get much protein.

More of a snack, in my opinino

No they a NOT, try fresh sardines & you'll never ever touch cans.

8)

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
Would be really high sodium I would guess.

& totally tasteless & over boiled  8)

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
the best lean mass gaines ive ever accomplished was a diet consisting of whey isolates mixed with  weightgainer..and canned chicken...id eat that shit all day...i would eat the family size can though..its the same height as 2 tuna cans

bench

1000MGTRENED

• Getbig II
the best lean mass gaines ive ever accomplished was a diet consisting of whey isolates mixed with  weightgainer..and canned chicken...id eat that shit all day...i would eat the family size can though..its the same height as 2 tuna cans

bench
That sounds pretty legit, How big were you?

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V

- "healthier" , yeah right  ::)
- cows eating grass which could grow on radioactive soil, could be fucked up Chinese protein  ;)
- BS about fish, depends of living location

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
How are sardines or anchovies in a can? Don't they come with the eye and all?

they taste like boiled cardboard & no oil on them
totally opposite of fresh sardines
fuck cans

fact is, cans metal costs more than sardines & 1/3 is salty water or palm oil

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
they taste like boiled cardboard & no oil on them
totally opposite of fresh sardines
fuck cans

I dont think ive ever had fresh ones. Would a place like Whole Foods carry these seasonally?

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
I dont think ive ever had fresh ones. Would a place like Whole Foods carry these seasonally?

If U try fresh sardines , you'll never ever touch caned fish

& frozen fish is not too good for cooking  ;)

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
If U try fresh sardines , you'll never ever touch caned fish

& frozen fish is not too good for cooking  ;)

Thanks man i will try them
If i can find them here in CA

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V

Thanks man i will try them
If i can find them here in CA

Fresh fish smells when cooked (oil) , canned sardines have NO smell at all  :-\
I cook all fish outside  ;)

Just think, who boil that canned product ( :-\) & how "clean" is boiling water ( :-\)