Author Topic: Attn: MEM, L2H & FreakMD  (Read 2628 times)

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
Attn: MEM, L2H & FreakMD
« on: February 25, 2006, 07:12:29 PM »
You boys still floating around out there? If so speak up...the ratio of solid post vs. bull-shit is getting slightly out of hand.

Don't get me wrong guys, I think a handful here still post relevant material, but these 3 guys are some of the best, and I for one would like to hear some more out of them.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
Re: Attn: MEM, L2H & FreakMD
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2006, 09:43:47 PM »
You boys still floating around out there? If so speak up...the ratio of solid post vs. bull-shit is getting slightly out of hand.
Don't get me wrong guys, I think a handful here still post relevant material, but these 3 guys are some of the best, and I for one would like to hear some more out of them.

I think people post to what's relevant.  They are probably getting tired of answering the newbie questions like I am.  I won't even answer them anymore......the answers can be found on the board using the "Search" function. 

I will answer some of the more difficult questions though.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2006, 01:54:12 AM »
I think people post to what's relevant.  They are probably getting tired of answering the newbie questions like I am.  I won't even answer them anymore......the answers can be found on the board using the "Search" function.
I will answer some of the more difficult questions though.
DIV
I agree, more then likely that is the reason we haven't heard from them in a while. Even so, it's these guys and ones like them that help keep the board informative and entertaining. I still enjoy this board, even if they don't, but still, the more quality makes for a better board.

muscle19

• Getbig IV
  • Lifes To Short To Be Small!!!
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2006, 01:24:25 PM »
i feel ya bro, they are very good when comes to this stuff. hope to see them back soon.

muscle
muscle

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2006, 03:10:34 AM »
I agree, more then likely that is the reason we haven't heard from them in a while. Even so, it's these guys and ones like them that help keep the board informative and entertaining. I still enjoy this board, even if they don't, but still, the more quality makes for a better board.

I wish Marble would come back.  I wasn't here when he was posting, but his posts have alot of good information and he's a master at breaking down studies.

I wish he would have left a reason as to why he left.

He is still a member here.

DIV

freakfestMD

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2006, 09:14:34 AM »
Hey thanks for the props arnie.

I apologize, but I am presently in a big writing crunch trying to get a bunch of my research projects from last year to publication.  I realized that I was using up too much of my (very limited) free time on the board.  I have a huge surgical practice, and research at my institution is suggested but not supported, so the papers I write are sort've on my own time.

I still lurk on the board from time to time, and I promise I will be posting again soon--I do miss the conversations.

See ya all soon!

muscle19

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2006, 02:30:22 PM »
wheres mem and L2H?

muscle
muscle

Mr.Protein

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2006, 03:12:06 PM »
Marble was a real asset to this board when he was here.  He gave me great advice in several pms when I was going through some rough times about a year ago - I'll always be grateful.

I think he started a new job if I'm not mistaken.

You're the closest thing we have to Marble now DIV.   
the price is great... so is the reward

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2006, 08:45:39 PM »
Hey thanks for the props arnie.
I apologize, but I am presently in a big writing crunch trying to get a bunch of my research projects from last year to publication.  I realized that I was using up too much of my (very limited) free time on the board.  I have a huge surgical practice, and research at my institution is suggested but not supported, so the papers I write are sort've on my own time.
I still lurk on the board from time to time, and I promise I will be posting again soon--I do miss the conversations.
See ya all soon!
Glad to see you're still floating around out there Freak. I'd hate to lose another solid guy :)
Look forward to hearing from you again in the near future.

HavoX

• Getbig IV
  • Shamed by thunderdome
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2006, 10:56:02 PM »
Marble was hands down the most informative poster.  He got married, then went away.  Not sure about the job.

IMO he and div are not in the same league.  whereas they both give information... instead of saying "speak on this" or wtf ever, marble would connect you with the research study that supported his statement. 

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2006, 12:27:10 AM »
Marble was a real asset to this board when he was here.  He gave me great advice in several pms when I was going through some rough times about a year ago - I'll always be grateful.
I think he started a new job if I'm not mistaken.
You're the closest thing we have to Marble now DIV.   

^Marble is a technical expert, whereas my knowledge is based on experience with some technical knowledge I've picked up.

I'm not knee-deep in the studies like he was, don't have that kind of time.  Deciphering studies is not hard, it's just find them and breaking them down.  It's a job in itself.

I'm not a "guru" persay, but I know enough to help most people on this forum. 

DIV

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2006, 02:38:51 PM »

IMO he and div are not in the same league.  whereas they both give information... instead of saying "speak on this" or wtf ever, marble would connect you with the research study that supported his statement.

...and you were compelled to post this why? DIV's posts speak for themselves, and a lot of us here are grateful to have his perspective. I'll leave it at that, if he wants to defend himself against pointless bashing that's his call.

HavoX

• Getbig IV
  • Shamed by thunderdome
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2006, 05:06:21 PM »
...and you were compelled to post this why?

i'm not gonna turn this into an x or y board thing... i posted it because we were all noobies once.  DIV is not the only answer.  And now that he is the only active mod, and one of the only active "experts", that some noobies will take what he says as gospel.  DIV is sort of running completely unopposed/unchecked now days.

I'm not saying he doesn't know his shit or that he is wrong.  I just don't like the way he handles naivety and/or differing opinions, i.e. with an angry smiley face and a catchphrase.

I liked marble's approach better: he tried to educate and backed his shit up with science.  He realized that this forum is part of the "research" we urge everyone to do.  And he wasn't a dick to a new guy just because he came here first instead of reading big kat or steroid.com

funny thing is, he wasn't even a mod

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2006, 05:27:50 PM »
i'm not gonna turn this into an x or y board thing... i posted it because we were all noobies once.  DIV is not the only answer.  And now that he is the only active mod, and one of the only active "experts", that some noobies will take what he says as gospel.  DIV is sort of running completely unopposed/unchecked now days.
I'm not saying he doesn't know his shit or that he is wrong.  I just don't like the way he handles naivety and/or differing opinions, i.e. with an angry smiley face and a catchphrase.
I liked marble's approach better: he tried to educate and backed his shit up with science.  He realized that this forum is part of the "research" we urge everyone to do.  And he wasn't a dick to a new guy just because he came here first instead of reading big kat or steroid.com
funny thing is, he wasn't even a mod

I think I've made it clear I'm not answering the newbie questions anymore.  The answers can be found here, if one is willing to look.  I don't care if you don't like the way I handle newbies.  I didn't come on to boards asking questions before I did my own research.....once, twice, three times over.  Asking questions was a last resort, esp because I was a newbie and I didn't want people thinking I was lazy or wanting to be spoonfed.

Now it seems that kids just come on and start asking away, which is fine.  That's their right.  But I'm not going to help them until they help themselves.  It's about how much stock you put in to your own education on the matter, not really anything having to do with my "approach".  I don't care if people oppose me or have different opinions, as long as they don't take the argument personally, start insulting people or spam the board with bullshit.  At that point I will delete posts, put people on timeout etc. etc.....

I base my opinions on the research I have read in addition to my own experience.  You can quote all the research you want, but that doesn't mean much when it comes to actually sticking yourself with a needle and exposing yourself to the chemicals.  Everyone reacts differently, and a study won't change that fact. 

BTW:  I never read Big Cat.....nor do I subscribe to everything he believes in.

DIV 

HavoX

• Getbig IV
  • Shamed by thunderdome
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2006, 07:44:14 PM »
^good post

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2006, 08:23:35 PM »

I don't care if people oppose me or have different opinions, as long as they don't take the argument personally, start insulting people or spam the board with bullshit.  At that point I will delete posts, put people on timeout etc. etc.....

DIV
Anybody that takes anything on this board or any board personally has got more serious underlying issues they should be dealing with.

muscle19

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2006, 08:39:12 PM »
DIV gives great advice and just because he doesnt answer basic questions means nothin, he jas a no-bullshit attitude which is expected when people ask the same things over and over again. i get fed up with it, ill tell u that. these people are great and knows their shit, i would rather listen to someone with experience than some study or this might happen. good shit everyone, keep it up!

muscle
muscle

Mr.Protein

• Getbig II
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2006, 03:21:03 AM »
I think I've made it clear I'm not answering the newbie questions anymore.  The answers can be found here, if one is willing to look.  I don't care if you don't like the way I handle newbies.  I didn't come on to boards asking questions before I did my own research.....once, twice, three times over.  Asking questions was a last resort, esp because I was a newbie and I didn't want people thinking I was lazy or wanting to be spoonfed.
Now it seems that kids just come on and start asking away, which is fine.  That's their right.  But I'm not going to help them until they help themselves.  It's about how much stock you put in to your own education on the matter, not really anything having to do with my "approach".  I don't care if people oppose me or have different opinions, as long as they don't take the argument personally, start insulting people or spam the board with bullshit.  At that point I will delete posts, put people on timeout etc. etc.....
I base my opinions on the research I have read in addition to my own experience.  You can quote all the research you want, but that doesn't mean much when it comes to actually sticking yourself with a needle and exposing yourself to the chemicals.  Everyone reacts differently, and a study won't change that fact. 
BTW:  I never read Big Cat.....nor do I subscribe to everything he believes in.
DIV 

well said - makes sense ;)
the price is great... so is the reward