Author Topic: NYPD detective caught stealing cash during bodega raid: cops  (Read 7168 times)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
NYPD detective caught stealing cash during bodega raid: cops
« on: April 09, 2015, 06:14:36 PM »
http://nypost.com/2015/04/09/nypd-detective-caught-on-tape-stealing-over-3k-at-bodega-cops/

A Brooklyn detective was caught on surveillance video pocketing around $3,000 in cash from a bodega he and his fellow cops were raiding for selling loose cigarettes, cops said.

Twelve year NYPD veteran Ian Cyrus, was suspended without pay after the store’s owner noticed the money was missing from a cigar box stashed beneath the counter and reported the incident to his bosses, police said.

“I was shocked it was a cop,” said store manager Ali Abdullah, who made the discovery after he went back and looked at the security footage. “I [can understand] a thief coming inside the store and stealing, but cops? No.”

Cyrus, a member of the Brooklyn North Narcotics squad, entered the Yemen Deli and Grocery store on Marcus Garvey Boulevard in Bedford-Stuyvesant last Friday night with several other cops after receiving a tip the employees were selling the loose cigarettes.

Surveillance video shows Cyrus stuffing a wad of bills into his pocket as the officers conducted a search of the store after arresting Faladh Al Awadhy, 23 and Ghazi Alkasri, 34 and charging them with selling unstamped cigarettes.

It wasn’t until the following day that store owner Ali Abdullah noticed the money was missing from a cigar box he kept under the counter, he said, adding that the money was supposed to go toward the businesses’ rent.

“At first I’m thinking my employees took the money,” he said. “I had to ask them where did the money go. They were mad that I accuse them.”

Abdullah went back and looked at the store’s elaborate 12 camera surveillance system and witnessed the cop emptying the cigar box and then pocketing the money.

“He’s a cop but I don’t know how he thinks he’s going to get away with it,” he said. “We got them.”

Abdullah reported the detective to the NYPD and the incident is currently being investigated by the department’s Internal Affairs Bureau and the Brooklyn District Attorneys’ office.

Cyrus has been suspended pending the outcome of that investigation. His supervisor, Sgt. Fritz Glemaud, is currently on modified assignment, according to a NYPD spokesperson.
X

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
Re: NYPD detective caught stealing cash during bodega raid: cops
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2015, 06:19:36 PM »
It was just illegal untaxed cigarette money. He was just confiscating it. Simply forgot to write a property receipt. Nothing to see here.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2015, 06:22:53 PM »
Here in SWFL... police were about to send a man to PRISON for "reaching for cop's gun", at which point the dude took an ass whooping.

Their house had surveillance camera, and when the video showed the man never reached for anything, and took an ass whooping for running his mouth...

The charges (which would have meant prison time) for reaching for cop's gun quietly went away.

I love body cameras, house cameras... and I think GOOD cops love them too, cause they will never be false accused of anything!  These dickheads stealing money... they think they're on The Shield.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2015, 06:23:09 PM »
It was just illegal untaxed cigarette money. He was just confiscating it. Simply forgot to write a property receipt. Nothing to see here.

Oh, true! I forgot that cops are allowed to pocket all the money from a raid.  :D :D
X

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2015, 06:24:52 PM »
At least he didn't kill a black. Liberals hate when that happens.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2015, 06:25:54 PM »
I dont understand what's happening in NYC with the police running around after loose cigs.  

People there need to get their shit straight with the PD.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2015, 06:26:11 PM »
It's hilarious that - in the old days - people used to think a society loaded with cameras would lead to unstoppable govt corruption.

it turns out that "everyone has a camera" is actually making these pieces-of-shit accountable.

Now we'll see the "Chris Hanson effect" - where MILLIONS of kiddy-diddlers were scared of online hookups, because Hanson caught a few dozen of them in a high profile manner.  

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2015, 06:29:05 PM »
Here in SWFL... police were about to send a man to PRISON for "reaching for cop's gun", at which point the dude took an ass whooping.

Their house had surveillance camera, and when the video showed the man never reached for anything, and took an ass whooping for running his mouth...

The charges (which would have meant prison time) for reaching for cop's gun quietly went away.

I love body cameras, house cameras... and I think GOOD cops love them too, cause they will never be false accused of anything!  These dickheads stealing money... they think they're on The Shield.

Michael Chiklis is the ultimate cop!
X

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2015, 06:32:51 PM »
Sheriff Orders Immediate Internal Investigation Into Arrest Seen on "Disturbing" Video

Source: KNBC Los Angeles (NBC News)

San Bernardino County Sheriff's deputies appeared to use a Taser to stun a man and then beat him after he allegedly led police on a pursuit involving a vehicle and stolen horse in San Bernardino County Thursday afternoon.

Aerial footage captured by NewsChopper4 showed the man falling off the horse, and then being stunned with a Taser by a sheriff's deputy. The man then appeared to fall to the ground with his arms outstretched. Two deputies immediately descended on him and began punching him in the head and kneeing him in the groin.

The group surrounding the man grew up to 13 sheriff's deputies as several appeared to kick, hit, and punch him dozens of times over a two-minute period. In the two minutes after the man was stunned with a Taser, it appeared deputies kicked him 17 times and punched him 37 times. It appeared deputies used batons four times. Thirteen blows appeared to be to the head. The allegedly stolen horse stood idly nearby.
"The video surrounding this arrest is disturbing and I have ordered an internal investigation be conducted immediately," San Bernardino County Sheriff John McMahon said in a statement.

Read more: http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Man-on-Stolen-Horse-Stunned-by-Sheriffs-Deputies-in-IE-299250951.html

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2015, 06:37:51 PM »
Sheriff Orders Immediate Internal Investigation Into Arrest Seen on "Disturbing" Video

San Bernardino County Sheriff's deputies appeared to use a Taser to stun a man and then beat him after he allegedly led police on a pursuit involving a vehicle and stolen horse in San Bernardino County Thursday afternoon.

Aerial footage captured by NewsChopper4 showed the man falling off the horse, and then being stunned with a Taser by a sheriff's deputy. The man then appeared to fall to the ground with his arms outstretched. Two deputies immediately descended on him and began punching him in the head and kneeing him in the groin.

The group surrounding the man grew up to 13 sheriff's deputies as several appeared to kick, hit, and punch him dozens of times over a two-minute period. In the two minutes after the man was stunned with a Taser, it appeared deputies kicked him 17 times and punched him 37 times. It appeared deputies used batons four times. Thirteen blows appeared to be to the head. The allegedly stolen horse stood idly nearby.
"The video surrounding this arrest is disturbing and I have ordered an internal investigation be conducted immediately," San Bernardino County Sheriff John McMahon said in a statement.

Read more: http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Man-on-Stolen-Horse-Stunned-by-Sheriffs-Deputies-in-IE-299250951.html

Wow.  Damn.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2015, 06:39:58 PM »

To Serve and to Protect

X

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2015, 06:42:44 PM »
Don't worry, there are ten getbiggers (who coincidentally hate obama) that will tell us 13 blows to the head is standard procedure for horse thieves. 

Cops probably looked around for camera and didn't see one... didn't think about the eye in the sky.

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2015, 06:44:05 PM »
http://nypost.com/2015/04/09/nypd-detective-caught-on-tape-stealing-over-3k-at-bodega-cops/

A Brooklyn detective was caught on surveillance video pocketing around $3,000 in cash from a bodega he and his fellow cops were raiding for selling loose cigarettes, cops said.

Twelve year NYPD veteran Ian Cyrus, was suspended without pay after the store’s owner noticed the money was missing from a cigar box stashed beneath the counter and reported the incident to his bosses, police said.

“I was shocked it was a cop,” said store manager Ali Abdullah, who made the discovery after he went back and looked at the security footage. “I [can understand] a thief coming inside the store and stealing, but cops? No.”

Cyrus, a member of the Brooklyn North Narcotics squad, entered the Yemen Deli and Grocery store on Marcus Garvey Boulevard in Bedford-Stuyvesant last Friday night with several other cops after receiving a tip the employees were selling the loose cigarettes.

Surveillance video shows Cyrus stuffing a wad of bills into his pocket as the officers conducted a search of the store after arresting Faladh Al Awadhy, 23 and Ghazi Alkasri, 34 and charging them with selling unstamped cigarettes.

It wasn’t until the following day that store owner Ali Abdullah noticed the money was missing from a cigar box he kept under the counter, he said, adding that the money was supposed to go toward the businesses’ rent.

“At first I’m thinking my employees took the money,” he said. “I had to ask them where did the money go. They were mad that I accuse them.”

Abdullah went back and looked at the store’s elaborate 12 camera surveillance system and witnessed the cop emptying the cigar box and then pocketing the money.

“He’s a cop but I don’t know how he thinks he’s going to get away with it,” he said. “We got them.”

Abdullah reported the detective to the NYPD and the incident is currently being investigated by the department’s Internal Affairs Bureau and the Brooklyn District Attorneys’ office.

Cyrus has been suspended pending the outcome of that investigation. His supervisor, Sgt. Fritz Glemaud, is currently on modified assignment, according to a NYPD spokesperson.

pip pension

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2015, 06:45:30 PM »
Queue Thick Nick talking about it was the detectives money and he simply recovering the money that was stolen from him by a black male the night before

by the way fucking pigs, beat that white dude horse lover for no fucking reason, fucking assholes

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2015, 06:49:17 PM »
Queue Thick Nick talking about it was the detectives money and he simply recovering the money that was stolen from him by a black male the night before

Thick Nick will blow a gasket and tell us how we are all anti american and anti cop and that he is leaving this forum.  :D :D
X

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2015, 06:49:45 PM »
Don't worry, there are ten getbiggers (who coincidentally hate obama) that will tell us 13 blows to the head is standard procedure for horse thieves. 

Cops probably looked around for camera and didn't see one... didn't think about the eye in the sky.

I think that you have that inverted. Most police-state lovers these days are progressives because they love the notion of the state with its boot on the neck of the individual. The police are progressives' brown shirts.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2015, 06:51:03 PM »

LMMFAO

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2015, 06:52:34 PM »
I think that you have that inverted. Most police-state lovers these days are progressives because they love the notion of the state with its boot on the neck of the individual. The police are progressives' brown shirts.

::)

Deacon Jeschin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2015, 06:52:43 PM »
Another pig bites the dust thanks to video recording......Ha ha ha............

Dumb c-sucker could have made the 3K by f**king over the city by "working" a few overtimes.  

The news this week has been better than Comedy Central  ;D

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2015, 06:54:26 PM »
pip pension

That's the sad thing, that guy was making at least $100,000+ a year, and in 8 years could retired with a pension that is 1/2 of their last years pay. Now he tosses it away for 3 grand.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2015, 06:57:30 PM »
Another pig bites the dust thanks to video recording......Ha ha ha............

Dumb c-sucker could have made the 3K by f**king over the city by "working" a few overtimes.  

The news this week has been better than Comedy Central  ;D

Exactly.  He could have made 3k fairly easy as a NY cop, which shows you how casually he chose to commit the theft.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2015, 06:59:36 PM »
Think of how often this occurs and the cops don't get caught  :-X

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2015, 07:05:28 PM »

Disagree.  On the getbig poli, on FB, it's the same anti-obama people that cheer "he shouldn't have run!" every time a person is shot.  it's not whiny libs, they're the ones screaing "dont tase me bro"

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2015, 07:17:24 PM »
Think of how often this occurs and the cops don't get caught  :-X

Yep.  This here cop acted like he KNEW he wouldn't be caught.  Shit was just another day for him, lol.