Author Topic: What's the best natural "base" to start before gear  (Read 4857 times)

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
What's the best natural "base" to start before gear
« on: April 11, 2015, 04:03:35 AM »
In the Strydom thread, somebody mentioned that he had a good base and it got me thinking as to what is the best base pre-gear to start in BB.

I am too fucking old, but I always thought that I had a decent base. Natural ecto/meso, 6'4" and a lean 185 in my youth. Wide shoulders, narrow hips.

Genetically crappy legs tho.

OlympiaGym

• Getbig IV
  • they/them/their
Re: What's the best natural "base" to start before gear
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2015, 04:23:13 AM »
Maybe take a break this weekend from gb?

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2015, 04:25:10 AM »
Maybe take a break this weekend from gb?

I took a "break" last weekend when it was down. I'm good.

dave19

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2015, 05:26:01 AM »
Completely depends on the individual I'd say.

Just lift for at least 2-3 years before even thinking about using AAS and don't start too young while your body is still naturally developing and has high hormone levels.

Of course that's probably not the best way to go if you want to turn pro but that's another story...

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2015, 09:00:06 AM »
A good solid base... does NOT come from gear.

You build a solid base of solid muscle tissue by busting your ass for as long as you can, building as much natural muscle mass as possible.

Yes, believe it or not, there is such a thing as natural muscle mass. You have to work for it.

Once you've been at it for a while, you can then start thinking about adding some fake muscle to your natural muscle, taking the chance of course that you might lose all of that solid mass that you built through hard work, committment and sweat, just because you couldn't handle the shutdown that ensues after stopping the shit.

Muscle tissue has been tested in biopsies over and over. Muscle mass gained naturally has a harder, tougher and more durable consistency and is more likely to stay once it has been built.

Steroid induced muscle,on the other hand, has more of a watery, squishy and less solid feel to it. So much water is retained inside the tissue. Upon cessation of juice, this shit just disappears.

If you think after a strong cycle that you made some solid gains, it's not steroid gains, it is the fact that the juice made you work harder, gave you more energy and helped you add something to your natural base.

If this sounds contradictory to you, you are not understanding correctly and I am not explaining correctly.

Solid base = natural muscle.

The thing you tell a teenager to do.

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2015, 09:10:13 AM »
Completely depends on the individual I'd say.

Just lift for at least 2-3 years before even thinking about using AAS and don't start too young while your body is still naturally developing and has high hormone levels.

Of course that's probably not the best way to go if you want to turn pro but that's another story...

This.

Qwert II

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2015, 09:12:24 AM »

Muscle tissue has been tested in biopsies over and over. Muscle mass gained naturally has a harder, tougher and more durable consistency and is more likely to stay once it has been built.

Steroid induced muscle,on the other hand, has more of a watery, squishy and less solid feel to it. So much water is retained inside the tissue. Upon cessation of juice, this shit just disappears.

You've got to be kidding???? What medical journal did you get this info from? Bro-Science International?

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2015, 10:00:05 AM »
would get better results if they had some strength base to start off of. But I'd get all my posture and symmetry issues fixed first, master the movements, diet, lifestyle for years (as I did....) then use.

HOw long can that take, a good 5 years or more I'd say.  I waited more than 10 before my first cycle and is why I can do well on so little.

Will most guys actually do this? Pfff, lol!!! Got guys on tren/test now who barely look like they lift.
?

Leatherneck

• Getbig IV
  • Still as lean, just as mean, former US Marine
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2015, 10:19:02 AM »
Didn't Tom Prince claim to be like 242 pounds before he started using gear?

Sophus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2015, 10:25:02 AM »

What the fuck

Sokolsky

• Getbig IV
  • Sensory receptors succumb
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2015, 10:34:02 AM »
would get better results if they had some strength base to start off of. But I'd get all my posture and symmetry issues fixed first, master the movements, diet, lifestyle for years (as I did....) then use.

HOw long can that take, a good 5 years or more I'd say.  I waited more than 10 before my first cycle and is why I can do well on so little.

Will most guys actually do this? Pfff, lol!!! Got guys on tren/test now who barely look like they lift.

Went out with some friends a while back, and a random drunk guy goes for this girl, only to have her boyfriend rush out of the shadows and push him away. Subsequently his friends all jump on the drunk guy and pull him away telling him, and I quote; "no man, no, don't look for a fight he's on steroids, he's on steroids, no man". 

To this day I still have no clue what steroids he could possibly have been on considering he was around 1.82m @ 60kg skinnyfat. What's more, how would he have looked had he not taken anything? And why were his friends so scared as to immediately jump on a drunk guy, did the roids turn him into a terminator or something? LOL.

Too many people not knowing what they're doing, or have no business doing steroids these days.  :-\

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2015, 10:36:19 AM »
Went out with some friends a while back, and a random drunk guy goes for this girl, only to have her boyfriend rush out of the shadows and push him away. Subsequently his friends all jump on the drunk guy and pull him away telling him, and I quote; "no man, no, don't look for a fight he's on steroids, he's on steroids, no man". 

To this day I still have no clue what steroids he could possibly have been on considering he was around 1.82m @ 60kg skinnyfat. What's more, how would he have looked had he not taken anything? And why were his friends so scared as to immediately jump on a drunk guy, did the roids turn him into a terminator or something? LOL.

Too many people not knowing what they're doing, or have no business doing steroids these days.  :-\

Yup. And all the more reason to stay the hell outta bars!!!
?

dave19

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2015, 12:58:58 PM »

The media wants people to believe that steroid users are always on the edge and could go berzerk any second...

I think roid rage is >80% myth - an asshole will always be an asshole and a calm relaxed guy will always be just that.

Someone with poor self-control MIGHT do something he would not do otherwise when on AAS but that's probably mostly due to placebo because he's heard about roid rage thinking he's turning into The Incredible Hulk.

Alcohol and a few other recreational drugs have far far worse effects on an individual when it comes to losing control.

By the way I agree that there are way too many people on AAS that look like they never touched a weight before and I think that's pretty stupid but that is their decision to make.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2015, 01:36:21 PM »
You've got to be kidding???? What medical journal did you get this info from? Bro-Science International?

You are serious.... OMG...

You think that steroid induced (overnight) muscle gains have the same fibrous makeup as naturally induced muscle... right?

You probably think that training stimulus should be the same also... correct?

You have never heard of water retention or 'moonface' and asked yourself how and why it comes so fast....

You think that water retention is OUTSIDE of the muscle tissue only...

You don't even need my plethora of studies. You just need some logic.

I didn't even realize something like this would be questioned much among the hardcore bodybuilding community, but then you only do have a few posts.

Maybe you haven't been around long enough.

Please don't talk about how Tren makes your muscles hard... as if...

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2015, 02:32:13 PM »

You think that steroid induced (overnight) muscle gains have the same fibrous makeup as naturally induced muscle... right?

You have never heard of water retention or 'moonface' and asked yourself how and why it comes so fast....

I didn't even realize something like this would be questioned much among the hardcore bodybuilding community, but then you only do have a few posts.

Logical or not I'd still like to see the multiple studies, or just one.
I do remember seeing one where they didn't find higher water content in the steroid users' muscles. Too lazy to go look for it though, might take hours.

evandatp

• Getbig IV
  • Haunted4Pay
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2015, 02:55:28 PM »

Are you talking about extra sarcoplasm through high reps rather than extra myofibrils via heavy weight?

Qwert II

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2015, 03:12:07 PM »

You're spewing bro-science, BRO. No need for 'your' plethora of studies. Just name one.

Hulk-smash!

• Getbig IV
  • All the muscle in the world!
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2015, 03:16:32 PM »
Do yourself a HUGE favor & don't screw w/ your endocrine system using self-prescribed exogenous hormones.  Even licensed endocrinologists are backing away from it nowadays.
I

Sophus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2015, 04:03:50 AM »

Ok

Qwert II

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2015, 09:02:16 AM »
Still waiting for one single study that backs up your magical mystical muscle theories.

Perhaps you may want to look into Bro Science International by Dr Nick Riviera.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2015, 09:11:07 AM »
dont need much base.. it's abit of a myth. many top pros started at 15-17 when they barely benched 225

Qwert II

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2015, 09:24:30 AM »
dont need much base.. it's abit of a myth. many top pros started at 15-17 when they barely benched 225

+1

Having a natural base of muscle will not dictate future muscle growth or how much muscle one will keep after you come off. That's ALL genetics.

However, having years of natural training will let you know how damn hard it is to grow muscle, eat properly, have discipline & patience etc.

I think 4 years of natural training is the minimum for anyone before using gear.

You can't appreciate sleeping on a comfortable bed if you haven't slept on the cold hard floor.

The Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2015, 02:21:59 PM »
After 3 years of proper natural training you really arn't gaining anything. You will get more quality and maturity but size would be almost nothing. Even after 2 years the gains slow a lot but you can still push on. I remember some dick here ripping into me for saying this then posting some pics of him at 165 and 5'10' to prove me wrong because he didn't start juicing until 25 and wanted to make sure everyone else did too but in reality if you've done three years maybe try 6-12 more months and see what happens. Then start juicing if you want to go further.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2015, 02:27:54 PM »
guys who go on gear with no base can never train without the shit no more.
But having said that, not sure I could go off now having been on for like 3 years.

?