Author Topic: Rick Rude HOF  (Read 10530 times)

littleguns

• Getbig V
Rick Rude HOF
« on: April 12, 2015, 03:55:41 AM »
Watched most of the HOF and when Madusa said Rude wasn't in HOF yet I was floored.....

Guy was a legitimate heel, nasty look, great physique and excellent gimmick......need to start a Rude in HOF in 2016...

Once again I only assume Vince is holding a grudge of Rude being on both WWF & WCW on the same night.... He buried the grudge with Warrior and Savage....

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: Rick Rude HOF
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2015, 08:15:39 AM »
I fully agree that there is the possibility of tension there. I was shocked when there was absolutely ZERO mention of Rude's friendship with Hennig on the otherwise excellent Mr. Perfect DVD.

The old man has buried the hatchet with Hogan, Hart, Bruno, Piper, Hellwig, SBG, and Savage.
Macho was the only guy on that list to not be alive when Vince changed his mind, and it's apparent to me that Lanny acted as a substantial "posthumous liaison."

Sadly, I don't know that there's anyone who can serve in that capacity for Rude.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2015, 08:38:14 AM »
Loved it mic work. Would call out "all the fat Alabama women"... LOL! But today they're literally all fat so the "insult" would bounce off their blubbery body.
?

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2015, 09:32:22 AM »
The perfect heel gimmick, and could back it up if needed. One of the old school guys that would lay you out in a bar if you looked at him the wrong way. Had the mic work, the look and was so good at it men would hate him as their women would want to bed him.

Loved his masked debut in ECW when he walked in on The Franchise, "if i take this mask off, youll shit yourself" is one of the greatest lines ive ever heard.

Absolutely 100% HOF material. Vince is a stubborn bastard but Rude did it because he knew it was the right thing to do for the business.

Sign me up....

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2015, 11:36:28 AM »
The perfect heel gimmick, and could back it up if needed. One of the old school guys that would lay you out in a bar if you looked at him the wrong way. Had the mic work, the look and was so good at it men would hate him as their women would want to bed him.

Loved his masked debut in ECW when he walked in on The Franchise, "if i take this mask off, youll shit yourself" is one of the greatest lines ive ever heard.

Absolutely 100% HOF material. Vince is a stubborn bastard but Rude did it because he knew it was the right thing to do for the business.

Sign me up....

Yes! That ECW angle was phenomenal - "It's a new year, Shane Douglas..."
The entire arena instantly recognized that voice and popped HUGELY!!

As for his WWF departure, didn't he leave in protest to the Montreal "screw-job?"

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2015, 12:43:03 PM »
Yeah he did, when i said the right thing to do for the business i meant from a moral standpoint. He was a straight up guy and vehemently disliked what happened, if only more guys backstage had the stones to follow suit. He knew it was wrong and this was his platform to show it.

Loved how Douglas seemed to be the only person in the arena that didnt recognise the voice! Also showed the physical presence of Rude, huge man in the flesh.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2015, 03:59:16 PM »
Found this

Cant get the link to hyperlink in

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2015, 05:34:55 PM »
Loved how Douglas seemed to be the only person in the arena that didnt recognise the voice! Also showed the physical presence of Rude, huge man in the flesh.

That's almost a page right out of the Dusty Rhodes school of booking - right after the chapter on the history of the Shockmaster.

WoogsRaven

• Getbig III
  • Whisper sumthin nice and I'll make ya scream twice
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2015, 07:09:36 PM »
One of my personal favorites....loved Rick Rude.....one of the all time greats in wrestling....tough guy, too....I can't suspend disbelief when I watch his matches with Warrior......watching Rude get his ass kicked by Warrior was a joke....hated how he had to sell Warriors moves in the ring....knowing deep down that Rude would pick the Warrior apart in a real fight....but he was the ultimate professional in the ring...

Watching him sustain that back injury in WCW was tough to see. It literally started his downward spiral up until his death...I'll never understand to this day why the area outside a wrestling ring would be elevated off the seating floor.

injury at 17:54

Fuckin' japs...

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2015, 05:35:06 PM »
Watched most of the HOF and when Madusa said Rude wasn't in HOF yet I was floored.....

Guy was a legitimate heel, nasty look, great physique and excellent gimmick......need to start a Rude in HOF in 2016...

Once again I only assume Vince is holding a grudge of Rude being on both WWF & WCW on the same night.... He buried the grudge with Warrior and Savage....
I was really impressed with Madusa's speech. Very well done. Zybysko was a nightmare....no fault of his but the poor guy lost his speech. He had to wing it and just buckled.
Back to Rude, he should be in the HOF.

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2015, 08:02:17 PM »
Larry legend should of just said thank you..
He was just mumbling ...
Some of the speeches are going way to long..
The best one of the night was the bushwackers followed by madusa

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2015, 01:33:15 AM »
Was Bruno in the audience this year?

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2015, 02:33:43 AM »
He inducted Larry zabyzko...
So he was there ... I'm assuming mostly backstage...

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2015, 09:39:05 AM »
He inducted Larry zabyzko...
So he was there ... I'm assuming mostly backstage...

Cool!
I know Larry's told some interesting stories about training with Bruno in his basement gym when Larry was breaking into the business.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2015, 03:18:57 AM »
If you have twitter, start sending out a Rude HOF 2016 campaign....I have and chose random WWE superstars to to tag...it is a travesty.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2015, 06:54:32 AM »
One of my personal favorites....loved Rick Rude.....one of the all time greats in wrestling....tough guy, too....I can't suspend disbelief when I watch his matches with Warrior......watching Rude get his ass kicked by Warrior was a joke....hated how he had to sell Warriors moves in the ring....knowing deep down that Rude would pick the Warrior apart in a real fight....but he was the ultimate professional in the ring...

Watching him sustain that back injury in WCW was tough to see. It literally started his downward spiral up until his death...I'll never understand to this day why the area outside a wrestling ring would be elevated off the seating floor.

Fuckin' japs...

Despite the impact of that move, he still seemed to wrestle the rest of the match in good condition.

Decisive win over Sting is always a good thing.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2015, 06:47:46 PM »

Fuckin' japs...

Just rewatched that clip of Rude getting hurt...fuck did that ever look painful.

catracho

• Getbig IV
  • I don't want to be "that guy"!
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2015, 08:04:36 PM »
Just rewatched that clip of Rude getting hurt...fuck did that ever look painful.
:)

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2015, 06:35:12 PM »
Simply ravishing...

One of the best entertainers and best bods in the business.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2015, 11:42:31 AM »
BUMP!!!!!

Why is Richard Rood NOT in the HOF?

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2015, 03:54:07 AM »
BUMP!!!!!

Why is Richard Rood NOT in the HOF?

Grudge......15/16 yrs later I am sure Vince is still bitter about Rude showing up on both Nitro and Raw on the same night....

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2015, 11:29:20 AM »
Grudge......15/16 yrs later I am sure Vince is still bitter about Rude showing up on both Nitro and Raw on the same night....

And, I believe he was also on ECW TV that same week.

I just have a hard time believing that is what's keeping Rude from the HOF after the much "badder" blood there's been between the old man & guys who've made it.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2015, 04:22:19 AM »

And, I believe he was also on ECW TV that same week.

I just have a hard time believing that is what's keeping Rude from the HOF after the much "badder" blood there's been between the old man & guys who've made it.

Nahhh you'd be surprised, Monte. Vince is such a vindictive/jealous bastard. Wouldn't surprise me at all. Rude pretty much buried the WWE, HBK, HHH and Vince in that promo he cut on Nitro. 

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2015, 09:13:58 AM »
With today's "combat gym tights" they could find a guy to play his role.
Got that saxophone music of his now in my head, lol...
?

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2015, 10:59:41 AM »
 :D :D :D :D when he was in Pennsylvania he would add Pennsylvania piss ants to his speech..
F