Author Topic: Valerie Destroying Van Halen  (Read 9228 times)

Juruth

• Getbig III
Valerie Destroying Van Halen
« on: April 12, 2015, 12:51:59 PM »

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
Re: Valerie Destroying Van Halen
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2015, 04:58:08 PM »

roth looking more womanly than val there..

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2015, 05:25:20 PM »
She still looks pretty good.
Took half of Eddies money..
No pre nup... :-\

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2015, 05:40:50 PM »
She still looks pretty good.
Took half of Eddies money..
No pre nup... :-\

she earned it

Bosch

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2015, 05:55:00 PM »

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2015, 05:57:38 PM »

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2015, 06:46:36 PM »
God, looks like a mess.
old clip..looks best he has looked in long time,clean,short gray hair now just turned 60,having son in band has given him new life..

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2015, 07:14:07 PM »
old clip..looks best he has looked in long time,clean,short gray hair now just turned 60,having son in band has given him new life..

You're right but I think he is completely tapped for new tunes.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2015, 07:22:53 PM »
God, looks like a mess.

I saw him live at the winter Anaheim NAMM show 3 or 4 years ago... he looked really bad.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2015, 07:43:47 PM »
Roth looking like a total queen there. Makes Liberace look like John Wayne

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2015, 07:50:53 PM »
I never ever understood Eddie's stubborn tendency to try to do some blues because he's failed miserably every time.

Why doesn't he just stick to the stuff he's always done?

Every time he tries he comes out looking like Eddie Murphy with that Party all the Time song.

Carlton G. Long

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2015, 03:46:01 PM »
Eddie is Dutch, and therein lies his downfall:  stubborn and pouty while still being easily overrun

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2015, 04:39:55 PM »
I never ever understood Eddie's stubborn tendency to try to do some blues because he's failed miserably every time.

Why doesn't he just stick to the stuff he's always done?

Every time he tries he comes out looking like Eddie Murphy with that Party all the Time song.

You have got to be messing around.....

If you understood music theory you would understand that Ed's whole sound is based on the blues... wow, just wow.

Do you know what a flatted fifth is? Did you know that prior to his incorporating the blues into his playing that most guys were stuck in a basic "box" of Pentatonic Scales?

I don't think I wanna check back on this thread.

Eddie is doing great these days and is at the top of his game, as lucid as he could possibly be, speaking and playing, without mistake.

Take some time away and listen to what he has to say. He is amazing today. Just amazing.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2015, 06:16:11 PM »

You have got to be messing around.....

If you understood music theory you would understand that Ed's whole sound is based on the blues... wow, just wow.

Do you know what a flatted fifth is? Did you know that prior to his incorporating the blues into his playing that most guys were stuck in a basic "box" of Pentatonic Scales?

I don't think I wanna check back on this thread.

Just because someone is playing in a minor/pentatonic scale does not make it the blues.

Practically everything Slash plays is pentatonic and it's not blues.  Same goes for Terry Kath and many older rock players.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2015, 08:10:15 PM »
Just because someone is playing in a minor/pentatonic scale does not make it the blues.

Practically everything Slash plays is pentatonic and it's not blues.  Same goes for Terry Kath and many older rock players.

I'm not sure if you are with me or against me on this one, because this statement is not within the context of what I was saying... and I did say I was going to stay away from this.

I'm not sure what you are saying, nor in regards to what, exactly.

The pentatonic scale is the scale in which you would want to incorporate a blues sound, but you would use notes from both Major and minor diatonic scales.

I'm not sure we want to get into a music theory discussion on a bodybuilding board, but Eddie Van Halen is basically the epitome of a rock/blues guitar player.

Here is what needs to be done: Someone needs to define what THEY think makes the "blues" because in all actuality, the "blues" is not a part of music theory. Understanding music theory will allow you to quicker come up with something that sounds "bluesy" but there is not a theoretical "blues" scale.

yes, there are scales that guitarists call a "blues" scale, but that does not make it so.

You could actually take just one note and bend it, shape it and twist it to give it a "bluesy" sound, but the question is; what is playing behind that note? What chord? What is the note? What is it being bent or shaped into? A step? A half step? a step and a half? If so, you are treading into harmonic minor area....

SRV was considered a blues guitarist. Most of his playing was done within the pentatonic scale. How would this be defined?

Flatted fifths, major thirds, sixths and ninths.

There was more of a "signature' sound with SRV as there is with every famous guitarist.

I'm just flabber-effing-gasted that someone could even possibly think that EVH would not be considered a "blues" player. His main influences (can you say Eric Clapton?) were TOTAL blues players.

EVH was raised on classical piano.

he did everything in his power to get away from that theoretical "sound" of structure. Where did it land him?

Right in the middle of the "blues...."

have at it ~

forillagorilla

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2015, 08:37:50 PM »
You two sound like total fucking odd jobs.. Its rock and fucking roll and you two can't play it so shut the fuck up.. Its a BODYBUILDING board for fucks sakes

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2015, 08:42:57 PM »
You two sound like total fucking odd jobs.. Its rock and fucking roll and you two can't play it so shut the fuck up.. Its a BODYBUILDING board for fucks sakes

and...we're back..

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2015, 08:46:34 PM »
she earned it

Yes she did. Fired three singers only to figure out Michael Anthony was the real asshole all along? Brilliant. Shoulda just looked in the mirror.

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2015, 10:42:37 PM »
He did get pretty rough looking before he cleaned up and got new teeth.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2015, 11:00:13 PM »
He did get pretty rough looking before he cleaned up and got new teeth.
Holy crap

Mike

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2015, 11:31:40 PM »

I'm not sure if you are with me or against me on this one, because this statement is not within the context of what I was saying... and I did say I was going to stay away from this.

The pentatonic scale is the scale in which you would want to incorporate a blues sound, but you would use notes from both Major and minor diatonic scales.

I'm not sure we want to get into a music theory discussion on a bodybuilding board, but Eddie Van Halen is basically the epitome of a rock/blues guitar player.

Here is what needs to be done: Someone needs to define what THEY think makes the "blues" because in all actuality, the "blues" is not a part of music theory. Understanding music theory will allow you to quicker come up with something that sounds "bluesy" but there is not a theoretical "blues" scale.

yes, there are scales that guitarists call a "blues" scale, but that does not make it so.

You could actually take just one note and bend it, shape it and twist it to give it a "bluesy" sound, but the question is; what is playing behind that note? What chord? What is the note? What is it being bent or shaped into? A step? A half step? a step and a half? If so, you are treading into harmonic minor area....

SRV was considered a blues guitarist. Most of his playing was done within the pentatonic scale. How would this be defined?

There was more of a "signature' sound with SRV as there is with every famous guitarist.

I'm just flabber-effing-gasted that someone could even possibly think that EVH would not be considered a "blues" player. His main influences (can you say Eric Clapton?) were TOTAL blues players.

he did everything in his power to get away from that theoretical "sound" of structure. Where did it land him?

have at it ~

Knowing what i know about music i agree with everything you said and have been a Van Halen Dan / Eddie fan for 20 plus years

That being said you sound like a pretentious whiny douche here

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2015, 11:54:10 PM »
Knowing what i know about music i agree with everything you said and have been a Van Halen Dan / Eddie fan for 20 plus years

That being said you sound like a pretentious whiny douche here

I hope this was a good lesson for you dyslexic.  Next time you want to type up a well thought out knowledgeable response regarding music theory...I'm sure you'll think twice.  haha
Getbig...if someone senses intelligence, they'll quickly put up a quick semi-not witted line or hit you with a  ::).  Then pull a 3rd grade put down out, such as douchebag, dipshit, asshole...you know...that kind of thing.
Anything taking away from thong talk or synthol is highly frowned upon in this community by most.

Blues?  It's all just music.  WTF is jazz, who cares?  MORE G4P talk...MORE!!
N

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2015, 12:42:22 AM »
I hope this was a good lesson for you dyslexic.  Next time you want to type up a well thought out knowledgeable response regarding music theory...I'm sure you'll think twice.  haha
Getbig...if someone senses intelligence, they'll quickly put up a quick semi-not witted line or hit you with a  ::).  Then pull a 3rd grade put down out, such as douchebag, dipshit, asshole...you know...that kind of thing.
Anything taking away from thong talk or synthol is highly frowned upon in this community by most.

Blues?  It's all just music.  WTF is jazz, who cares?  MORE G4P talk...MORE!!

Alright then...

I'm an idiot.

Sorry, thought maybe he was gonna talk music like YngwieRhoades used to do with me back when.

I get pissy. I'm human. I didn't think out my response though. I never do, so I guess that's the problem.

Sorry if I sounded like a whiny little bitch. I hate whiny little bitches.... beat the crap out of em, right?

Oh, BTW, I actually "DO" play the guitar. Yup.

I suppose that will be my saving grace... or saving face... or..  not.

Here ya go, yes it's me:

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2015, 02:14:23 AM »

have at it ~

Spoken like a true guitarist dochebag.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2015, 04:50:53 AM »
I have never studied music theory but I do know that all Rock is derivative of the Blues. So you can always here some blues in Eddie's playing. Like Dyslexic said Clapton was Eddie's main influence.