Author Topic: Apple Watch Has One Million Order Weekend  (Read 543 times)

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
Apple Watch Has One Million Order Weekend
« on: April 13, 2015, 06:36:45 AM »
Apple Watch set to beat iPhone launch with 1 million-order weekend
By Barbara Kollmeyer

Published: Apr 13, 2015
An estimated 957,000 American shoppers ordered Apple Watches on Friday — a sign the tech giant’s newest gadget is already seeing more initial success than its first iPhone or the iPod.

That estimate comes from Slice Intelligence, which measures digital commerce by tracking consumer e-receipts. Its data from 9,080 online shoppers showed an average of 1.3 watches bought per customer, with $503.83 spent per item. Of course, no one buys a watch and a half, so it’s likely some buyers went for more than one.

Putting those figures together, that means Apple could have shifted 1.24 million watches on its first day of preorders on Friday. How does that stack up in Apple history? Back in 2007, it took the company 74 days to sell its one millionth iPhone, and it took two years to get to that milestone with the iPod.
[Snip]

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/apple-watch-set-to-beat-iphone-launch-with-1-million-order-weekend-2015-04-13

The market has spoken.   8)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Apple Watch Has One Million Order Weekend
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2015, 06:46:16 AM »
As a getbigger, I was able to obtain the watch early.

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
Re: Apple Watch Has One Million Order Weekend
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2015, 08:12:14 AM »
I'm actually not surprised.  The watch is utterly useless, but with  the Apple sheep herd, they can do no wrong.
Even when the iPhone launched and it was $500 or something, I thought...how overpriced and almost useless.  The reality is, you don't need an iPhone and it's usually an entertainment device.  Today every schmuck has an overpriced cell phone.
The iPads are nice, but also overpriced.
I like the Apple hype machine.  At the beginning of each event they stroke themselves on how many units they've sold, then all applaud themselves.  Every now and then, I pass an Apple store and want to toss a bomb in and watch iPhones and iPads fly through the sky.
-typed on my ipad
N