Author Topic: Ex-British diplomat accuses Hillary Clinton of role in meltdown of Iraq  (Read 823 times)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/hillary-clinton/11536590/Ex-British-diplomat-accuses-Hillary-Clinton-of-role-in-meltdown-of-Iraq.html

I met her a couple of times and sat through briefs with her while I was in Kirkuk. She's very very smart...much smarter then the asstards Obama had orbitting him. In any event read the article.

A former British diplomat has accused Hillary Clinton of contributing to Iraq’s disastrous meltdown during her four years as Barack Obama’s foreign policy chief.

Emma Sky, who served as an adviser to one of the top US commanders in Iraq, claims in a new book that Mrs Clinton operated a “dysfunctional” diplomatic mission to Baghdad that allowed a lapse back into sectarian warfare after elections in 2010.

At that time Mrs Clinton was mid-way through her four-year stint as Mr Obama’s Secretary of State, the equivalent position to Foreign Secretary in Britain.

The criticisms, which come as Mrs Clinton announces her presidential bid, are contained in a book that Ms Sky, an Oxford-educated Middle East expert, is to publish next month about the seven years she spent in Iraq.

Entitled The Unraveling: High Hopes and Missed Opportunities in Iraq, it paints an unflattering picture of the Obama administration as it tried to extricate itself from the country as hastily as possible.

• Hillary Clinton lays out agenda at low-key first campaign event in Iowa

• Video: Media stampede ensues after Clinton bypasses the press

While the demand for a speedy drawdown from Iraq was driven primarily by Mr Obama himself, Mrs Clinton is accused of appointing an incompetent US ambassador to Baghdad, Chris Hill, who had little experience of the region and held its people in contempt.

That then paved the way for Washington to be outmanoeuvred by Iraq’s prime minister, Nouri al-Maliki, who was able to grab a second term in office despite fears that he was a sectarian dictator in the making.

The book also claims that the US-vice president, Joe Biden, showed little interest in Iraq’s political complexities, making oafish comparisons between its sectarian civil war and Britain’s historic tensions with Ireland.

Thanks to Mr Obama’s hasty pull-out at the end of 2011, Ms Sky says, hard-won opportunities for a lasting peace in Iraq after the war to remove Saddam Hussein in 2003 were squandered.

........................ .........
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
I'm not sure I trust the brits after how fast the lapdogged and followed us into the last clusterfkc of a war.

(not that I like hilary, I just hate the british politicians also)

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
brahahahaha the right will find anyone to blame Iraq on instead of looking right in their own court,mr bush

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
brahahahaha the right will find anyone to blame Iraq on instead of looking right in their own court,mr bush

I don't actually blame Bush for IRAQ,...Bush is an honorable man who thought he was doing the right thing in invading IRAQ and getting rid of Saddham and his sons who were brutal....I really think Bush was sort of misled by Cheney, the CIA, and Secretary of State Donald Rumsfeld....even Colin Powell was misled......especially about the weapons of mass destruction

Cheney is trying his best to disown his involvement and his daughter is a really big lapdog for him, although I guess you can't blame her...I wouldn't want my dad's name to go down in flames either.....Obama got us out of IRAQ because the Iraqis wanted us to leave and the american people elected him to get us out of wars and to keep us out.....I think we were all surprised at the serious sectarian divide over there where the Sunnis and Shites absolutely detest each other

I guess Bush has to bear the blame but I really don't blame him...I supported his actions.....adn Hillary doesn't deserve blame either

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
I'm gonna break that down. Yeah we all thought that the Iraqi's would embrace democracy after living under Saddam. I think we misunderstood how hard Saddam controlled everybody. I think having kicked the dogshit out of him in 1991 and how easily we rolled his army up during the invasion we sorta thought no idiot could control these nuts so they all can't really hate each other as badly as it turned out to be.

Hil isn't so much to blame as is Obama. Ms Snow lays it all out. He bailed and we got what we got. Obama wanted no part of Iraq.
L

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
I'm gonna break that down. Yeah we all thought that the Iraqi's would embrace democracy after living under Saddam. I think we misunderstood how hard Saddam controlled everybody. I think having kicked the dogshit out of him in 1991 and how easily we rolled his army up during the invasion we sorta thought no idiot could control these nuts so they all can't really hate each other as badly as it turned out to be.

Hil isn't so much to blame as is Obama. Ms Snow lays it all out. He bailed and we got what we got. Obama wanted no part of Iraq.

I agree with you that Obama wanted no part of IRAQ....I don't blame him....I think Obama didn't want to waste any more americn lives and didn't want to spend any more treasure over there.....we've done enough....and look what they did...they squandered the chance at democacy that we gave them.....they couldn't put theirt sectarian pettiness aside and form a new government..we couldn't do it for them...or wewould have been seen as conquerors....the U.S. is in so much debt and Obama wanted to reduce the deficit (which he has done...the deficit is WAY down)...we can't keep fighting other people's battles forever.....Russia, China, and the European nations do absolutely nothing

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
I would agree if Iraq wasn't in the friggen middle east...but here's the big thing. We had it won. It was over for the most part. Not only that, it was easier to deal with then A-stan...much easier. There's oil and other trade there. They can be an economically powerful nation. A-stan has dirt and misery. Obama doubled down on the wrong country if our choice was one or the other. Its been one mistake after the other with this guy. He doesn't understand that these people all really hate us, don't want to work with us and that sometimes dictators are better then allowing muslim shitbags to gain power. If you except that the Middle East is a friggen mess then you have to allow the places where you don't need to get invloved go...like Libya. Ol Mumar had things in line. Bush scared him to death and they were playing ball. Obama had to see that a power vacuum would create another nighmare....yet they deposed him on bullshit evidence....again. They did it in Egypt...but we got saved  really by the strong ties that our DOD has made with their military. If the invasion and then subsequent destablization of Iraq is a head scratcher..then what the fuck is what's currently going on doing to you?
L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
I agree with you that Obama wanted no part of IRAQ....I don't blame him....I think Obama didn't want to waste any more americn lives and didn't want to spend any more treasure over there.....we've done enough....and look what they did...they squandered the chance at democacy that we gave them.....they couldn't put theirt sectarian pettiness aside and form a new government..we couldn't do it for them...or wewould have been seen as conquerors....the U.S. is in so much debt and Obama wanted to reduce the deficit (which he has done...the deficit is WAY down)...we can't keep fighting other people's battles forever.....Russia, China, and the European nations do absolutely nothing

As policy we have to get out of the nation building thing anyway. You fuck with us/the West/economics...you get smoked and we leave. That was where the neo cons really fucked up....we cannot create little America's or recreate western values amongst these people. They are not us....
L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
I'm truly shocked we've gone this many posts without name calling...its a getbig mircle.
L

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
I'm truly shocked we've gone this many posts without name calling...its a getbig mircle.

:D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Ex-British diplomat accuses Hillary Clinton of role in meltdown of Iraq
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2015, 12:30:22 PM »

33/33/86 Never Forget!

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Ex-British diplomat accuses Hillary Clinton of role in meltdown of Iraq
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2015, 02:37:47 PM »

You are a dumbass :P

I ruined it sorry.