Author Topic: Chipotle manager says Hillary didn't tip  (Read 1102 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Chipotle manager says Hillary didn't tip
« on: April 15, 2015, 05:54:08 PM »
Is Chipolte kinda like a Subway, where it's cool to tip but aside from taking your $ at the register, they don't do anything else?  Or do they come to your table, etc?   If she stiffed a waitress, I could see this being something.  I think there might be bigger things to beat up on her over.  However, my fb feed is full of people angry about this.

The manager of an Ohio Chipotle restaurant on Wednesday said Hillary Clinton didn’t drop money in the tip jar during her visit earlier this week.

Bloomberg reported that Charles Wright, manager of Chipotle’s Maumee, Ohio, location, said Clinton left no change after placing her order Monday afternoon.

“Her bill was $20 and some change, and they paid with $21 and left,” Wright said of the Democratic presidential candidate’s spending.

ADVERTISEMENT

Clinton, who was on her way to Iowa, visited the Maumee franchise during its afternoon lunch rush alongside Huma Abedin, the vice chairwoman of her presidential campaign. Employees did not recognize either woman.
“We get a bunch of tips,” Wright, a GOP voter, said of his store’s typical business. “If we’re doing our job right, people tip.”

Wright said the pair ordered a chicken burrito bowl, a chicken salad, a blackberry Izzy and a soda. After an employee rang them up, he added, Clinton did not cover the final total.

“The other lady paid the bill,” he said of Clinton’s companion. “Clinton didn’t pay.”

The former secretary of State announced her campaign in a video released on social media Sunday.

“I’m running for president,” Clinton said in Sunday’s video.

“Everyday Americans need a champion,” she continued. “I want to be that champion.”

Conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh raised the issue of Clinton’s tipping during his Tuesday broadcast. Her behavior was important, he argued, given the rhetoric of her campaign.

“But I would like to know if she left anything in the tip jar, because that would be an indication that she understands the average, ordinary, everyman that she seeks to represent,” Limbaugh said.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Re: Chipotle manager says Hillary didn't tip
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2015, 06:18:46 PM »
Good for her.. tip jars springin up everywhere.. I would be ashamed to complain someone didn't tip at a chipolte

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2015, 06:30:27 PM »
Good for her.. tip jars springin up everywhere.. I would be ashamed to complain someone didn't tip at a chipolte

Apparently Rush wasn't too ashamed to bring it up and I'm sure his idiot audience thinks it's a serious topic

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2015, 06:35:51 PM »
Oh my! This is horrible news.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2015, 07:53:39 PM »
If she stiffed a waitress making $3 an hour or something - yes, that's truly fcked up and a big example.

But look at the security picture - it's an assembly-line system of people making at least minimum wage, all standing at their station  Who is she tipping? 

Personally, I always dump the change, and usually an extra buck, but I like Subway where it's 1-2 people doing it all - I'm actually tipping the person that carefully made my sandwich, added a little extra meat (no getbig), etc.  When what looks like 8 people are involved in the process...

I dunno... Wendy's has a tip bucket at some locations too - is Rubio a bag of shit if he doesn't tip at wendy's?  Of course not.  Weird story here and really, in an era of already-vetted candidates like Jeb and Hilary, perhaps this is what we're looking at for 2016... a bunch of petty little bitches crying about etiquette (since Jeb and Hilary are so close on the issues already anyway).

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2015, 08:30:03 PM »
Doesn't surprise me.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2015, 11:36:15 PM »
Doesn't surprise me.

Do you always fill the tip jar when making purchases despite no appreciable service was rendered?

What surprised me was that Hillary was grabbing a bite at a fast food restaurant.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2015, 04:00:13 AM »
lol and if she did they would say,look she's tipping at a fast food restaurant she's out of touch with the real world ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2015, 04:06:51 AM »
lol and if she did they would say,look she's tipping at a fast food restaurant she's out of touch with the real world ::)

the very last part of the article - Clinton wasn't the money person, someone from her staff handled that.

That means a lot too.  A candidate has enough on their mind with meeting people, getting fed, avoiding stepping in shit in the bright public eye.  Hilary blamed because her campaign team money person only paid exact change at a fast food place?

Rush looks petty bitching about this -

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2015, 05:16:24 AM »
POLITICO demolishing Hilary for it.  Interviewing a Chipolte worker making $8.20 an hour and living with 2 roomates.  "Ordinary people, huh?"

She's not exactly the media sweetheart lol - she eats fast food, her staff doesn't tip at a place without wait staff (just sandwich artists and a cashier) and she's on Day 2 of getting beaten up for it.   Amazing. 

But when politico trashes Jeb next week, it'll just be left-wing bullshit, right?  ;)

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2015, 05:49:53 AM »
Its Chipotle for crying out loud. Its a fast food chain.....fuck a tip jar. If the manager has a problem then he needs to pay his workers more.

Tired of these fucking tip jars showing up...especially at Starbucks.  I'm suppose to tip for a coffee than runs 7 bucks???  Fuck you, I'll go home and brew some Folgers.
A

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2015, 06:01:58 AM »
POLITICO demolishing Hilary for it.  Interviewing a Chipolte worker making $8.20 an hour and living with 2 roomates.  "Ordinary people, huh?"

She's not exactly the media sweetheart lol - she eats fast food, her staff doesn't tip at a place without wait staff (just sandwich artists and a cashier) and she's on Day 2 of getting beaten up for it.   Amazing. 

But when politico trashes Jeb next week, it'll just be left-wing bullshit, right?  ;)

POLL: MORE REPUBLICANS OPPOSE JEB BUSH THAN SUPPORT HIM

A new poll suggests more Republicans don’t want to see Jeb Bush as the Republican presidential nominee than those that do.

According to a Suffolk University/USA Today poll, Bush was the GOP contender that received the most disapproval, followed by former Sen. Rick Santorum and Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal who both had zero favorability shown in the poll.

Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker faired the best with more Republicans approving him as the Republican Party’s nominee than disapprove of him.

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX), Dr. Ben Carson and Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) were on the favorable side, according to the Washington Post.

Former HP CEO Carly Fiorina, and the only Republican female who has suggested entering the race, had only a percentage showing approval, with no disapproval as a GOP contender.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2015, 09:56:06 AM »
This is stupid.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2015, 11:04:30 AM »
POLL: MORE REPUBLICANS OPPOSE JEB BUSH THAN SUPPORT HIM

The problem is, the conservatives will split the 70% of the vote they have between five candidates.

The RINOs in the middle - Jeb - will own that 30% of the middle, and win a shitload of states.  Then, the 70% that don't feel represented won't fully come out in Nov to vote.  Just like in 2008 and 2012.  It's no longer a crazy theory - we've seen it in the last 2 elections.