Author Topic: Another pig stunt that could have gone terribly wrong  (Read 7829 times)

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
Re: Another pig stunt that could have gone terribly wrong
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2015, 06:04:18 AM »
The reality is it was most likely a tactical maneuver meant to knick the guy which was judged wrong. Bottom line, the guy was shooting, put the gun to himself to back the cops off and could have shot a child or any number of people. We'd all be pissed about them not reacting if several kids were killed. If  you walk down the street with a loaded gun, don't be surprised . .

THE BEEF

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2015, 07:29:15 AM »
 ??? Um oh well at least these cameras are making for good entertainment.  ;D The cop was a real dumb ass for what he did not  that I care about this idiot assuming what we are told is true which rarely is. These cameras are doing nothing to protect the citizens though.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2015, 08:49:34 AM »
No citizens other than the perp hurt.. no cops hurt... dangerous situation resolved. Let's call it a day boys..

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2015, 10:18:08 AM »
 8)

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2015, 10:25:38 AM »
Damn, was surprised how hard he was hit.
I am yet again very surprised they would do this when they know they're being filmed. How can they possibly justify this, lol???

guess cops are tired of being shot at, the car can shield them and they will be doing this more and more.
?

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2015, 06:04:30 PM »
guess cops are tired of being shot at

So much so that you and I are 8 times more likely to get fatally shot by a cop than the other way around.

I guess they're looking for a 16 to 1 ratio.

That'll make them happy.

Sokolsky

• Getbig IV
  • Sensory receptors succumb
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2015, 01:36:33 AM »
So much so that you and I are 8 times more likely to get fatally shot by a cop than the other way around.

I guess they're looking for a 16 to 1 ratio.

That'll make them happy.

KY

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2015, 05:17:31 AM »
No citizens other than the perp hurt.. no cops hurt... dangerous situation resolved. Let's call it a day boys..

Love the way that was worded!

THE BEEF

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2015, 05:22:07 AM »
Love the way that was worded!

THE BEEF
Kamikaze tactics.. i wonder who paid for the car and Damage?

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2015, 08:56:37 AM »
Kamikaze tactics.. i wonder who paid for the car and Damage?

Seriously? The dude had a long rifle... suspect in a robber, fired off a round, walking in a residential area...you really think car damage is worse than a cop or another citizen taking a bullet? Donny, you do realize sometimes it's serious out there? I'll take car damage over a shoot out any day of the week.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2015, 09:23:43 AM »
Seriously? The dude had a long rifle... suspect in a robber, fired off a round, walking in a residential area...you really think car damage is worse than a cop or another citizen taking a bullet? Donny, you do realize sometimes it's serious out there? I'll take car damage over a shoot out any day of the week.
Do i realize itīs serious out there? Listen .. i have probably fired off more rounds in action than you, so wind your neck in OK. Driving a car kamikaze style is not Professional. You argue non stop about how good you guys are. The truth is itīs coming out. I do not dislike you but get fucking real OK?

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2015, 09:30:49 AM »
Do i realize itīs serious out there? Listen .. i have probably fired off more rounds in action than you, so wind your neck in OK. Driving a car kamikaze style is not Professional. You argue non stop about how good you guys are. The truth is itīs coming out. I do not dislike you but get fucking real OK?

You "always" take the criminals side... that is about as accurate as you saying "you argue non stop about how good you guys are" But whatever..

The fact you are complaining about a cop using his vehicle to take out a threat sooner rather than later speaks volumns on your lack of understanding of the seriousness of the situation. You can armchair quaterback all day long about what Donny would have done in that situation but the focus should be on 1. was the person an imminent threat? 2. Was the tactic used successful? 2. Did it needlessly put others in danger? Was it within state law and policy? If reasonable peole determine the answers are yes, it doesn't really matter if Donny, or Ag would have done it a different way. At the end of the day, the situation was resolved with minimal risk to innocent people. Sometimes  I just gotta shake my head and wonder..     

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2015, 09:37:59 AM »
You "always" take the criminals side... that is about as accurate as you saying "you argue non stop about how good you guys are" But whatever..

The fact you are complaining about a cop using his vehicle to take out a threat sooner rather than later speaks volumns on your lack of understanding of the seriousness of the situation. You can armchair quaterback all day long about what Donny would have done in that situation but the focus should be on 1. was the person an imminent threat? 2. Was the tactic used successful? 2. Did it needlessly put others in danger? Was it within state law and policy? If reasonable peole determine the answers are yes, it doesn't really matter if Donny, or Ag would have done it a different way. At the end of the day, the situation was resolved with minimal risk to innocent people. Sometimes  I just gotta shake my head and wonder..     
thank you that you know my name.. I have never seen such behaviour from armed Police in Germany. Have you seen action yourself and i mean real conflict other than being an officer?

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2015, 09:48:53 AM »
thank you that you know my name.. I have never seen such behaviour from armed Police in Germany. Have you seen action yourself and i mean real conflict other than being an officer?

I did 10 yrs in the military prior to starting my career in Law Enforcement. War and policing are widely different in many aspects, but when dealing with an armed subject, the dangers are real for both. I think you are having a hard time getting your head around using a vehicle as a weapon. That was not the first, nor will it be the last time it happens. You can run through a dozen scenarios in your head on how you think the cops should have handled that. You may be right on 7 of those but that doesn't mean this one is not one of the 7. Sometimes there isn't the luxury of setting up a perimeter, calling swat, waiting it out. Some situations are fluid and bad things can happen in the next 2 seconds. A kid walks out of his house, now its a hostage situation. Or he just starts shooting at the cops or anyone around. Decisions are made under pressure and knowing that whatever they do, it will be judged from the safety of our living rooms for days to come. They don't take immediate action and someone dies, Donny is saying "Why didn't the cops do something sooner!?" If a guy has been involved in violent crimes, it carrying a weapon, we can make some assumptions.. we have to make the assumption they will use it on us or someone else. Otherwise they wouldn't have it. We don't have the luxury of trying to assume they are bluffing or just kidding. Had the cop stepped out of his vehicle and shot the guy, would you have any problem with it? If not, what's the real difference? 

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2015, 09:54:56 AM »
I did 10 yrs in the military prior to starting my career in Law Enforcement. War and policing are widely different in many aspects, but when dealing with an armed subject, the dangers are real for both. I think you are having a hard time getting your head around using a vehicle as a weapon. That was not the first, nor will it be the last time it happens. You can run through a dozen scenarios in your head on how you think the cops should have handled that. You may be right on 7 of those but that doesn't mean this one is not one of the 7. Sometimes there isn't the luxury of setting up a perimeter, calling swat, waiting it out. Some situations are fluid and bad things can happen in the next 2 seconds. A kid walks out of his house, now its a hostage situation. Or he just starts shooting at the cops or anyone around. Decisions are made under pressure and knowing that whatever they do, it will be judged from the safety of our living rooms for days to come. They don't take immediate action and someone dies, Donny is saying "Why didn't the cops do something sooner!?" If a guy has been involved in violent crimes, it carrying a weapon, we can make some assumptions.. we have to make the assumption they will use it on us or someone else. Otherwise they wouldn't have it. We don't have the luxury of trying to assume they are bluffing or just kidding. Had the cop stepped out of his vehicle and shot the guy, would you have any problem with it? If not, what's the real difference? 
Could that Kamakaze cop be sure in that situation he was not a Danger to other citizens? which conflict in the Military?

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2015, 10:08:27 AM »
Could that Kamakaze cop be sure in that situation he was not a Danger to other citizens? which conflict in the Military?

from what I can see from his video there is a high percentage chance that he would not endanger anyone. Plus, you have to weigh that with the danger of NOT doing that. Most cops or at least here most cops have Shot guns with slugs and or AR15's. I'd much rather send a vehicle down range like that then rounds. Any round that missed would likely end up in a house. Again, there are many scenarios of what could have happened, some probably ending with cops being dead or seriously injured and perhaps civilians. At the end of the day, I would be a jerk if I complained that the officer picked that option to end the situation.. having no better solution with a guarantee of a less bloody or fatal outcome than that.

I was fortunate to have been in before 2001. I got out in 92. Never saw a day of combat. Don't regret it.   

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2015, 10:16:41 AM »
from what I can see from his video there is a high percentage chance that he would not endanger anyone. Plus, you have to weigh that with the danger of NOT doing that. Most cops or at least here most cops have Shot guns with slugs and or AR15's. I'd much rather send a vehicle down range like that then rounds. Any round that missed would likely end up in a house. Again, there are many scenarios of what could have happened, some probably ending with cops being dead or seriously injured and perhaps civilians. At the end of the day, I would be a jerk if I complained that the officer picked that option to end the situation.. having no better solution with a guarantee of a less bloody or fatal outcome than that.

I was fortunate to have been in before 2001. I got out in 92. Never saw a day of combat. Don't regret it.   
OK.. like most Officers a spontaneous decision. right or wrong he made it.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2015, 10:22:34 AM »
OK.. like most Officers a spontaneous decision. right or wrong he made it.

There are times, most of the times, officers have time to deliberate, come up with a plan, seek counsel.. but there are those rare ocassions when you have to examine the situation, weigh the options and make a decision. While those decisions need to and should be examined because they have impact, they need to be examined with the mindset of what information the officer had at the time. I have officers that make decisions that I personally wouldn't make. But as long as it is in the box, and accomplishes the goal which is resolve the situation with the least risk to self and public, I would do them a deservice if I chastized them for it. We can talk about other options next time, or talk it through, but in THIS case, with just the 2 videos I have to go on, I'd say good job.     

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2015, 10:25:47 AM »
There are times, most of the times, officers have time to deliberate, come up with a plan, seek counsel.. but there are those rare ocassions when you have to examine the situation, weigh the options and make a decision. While those decisions need to and should be examined because they have impact, they need to be examined with the mindset of what information the officer had at the time. I have officers that make decisions that I personally wouldn't make. But as long as it is in the box, and accomplishes the goal which is resolve the situation with the least risk to self and public, I would do them a deservice if I chastized them for it. We can talk about other options next time, or talk it through, but in THIS case, with just the 2 videos I have to go on, I'd say good job.     
yes so you turn a blind eye. Itīs not bad admitting it.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2015, 10:31:18 AM »
yes so you turn a blind eye. Itīs not bad admitting it.

Absolutely, I sweep it under the carpet. If the public ever found out he took out an armed robbery suspect with a cruiser, they would crucify us.. better to just cover it up  ;) 

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2015, 10:33:21 AM »
Absolutely, I sweep it under the carpet. If the public ever found out he took out an armed robbery suspect with a cruiser, they would crucify us.. better to just cover it up  ;) 
it was your own words  :-\ but hey i understand you guys stick together.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2015, 10:35:08 AM »
help me out Donny.... I am trying to decide whether to retire at 24 yrs or 24.5 yrs. The difference is $200 a month.. so Jan 2017 or July 17.. Kinda itchin to hit the tropical beaches, but $200 will cover HOA fees for any condos we rent while abroad, or a couple nice bottles of wine a month.. Kinda torn..

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2015, 10:35:59 AM »
it was your own words  :-\ but hey i understand you guys stick together.

Donny, you were either joking, or it really doesn't matter what I write, you would have read that anyway... so I just put what you would have followed up with anyway

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2015, 10:38:19 AM »
help me out Donny.... I am trying to decide whether to retire at 24 yrs or 24.5 yrs. The difference is $200 a month.. so Jan 2017 or July 17.. Kinda itchin to hit the tropical beaches, but $200 will cover HOA fees for any condos we rent while abroad, or a couple nice bottles of wine a month.. Kinda torn..
;D