Author Topic: First Sharpton, Now Perry; MSNBC Hosts Inability to Pay Federal Taxes Continues.  (Read 827 times)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V

According to The Winston-Salem Journal, Wake Forest University professor and MSNBC weekend host Melissa Harris-Perry and her husband James Perry owe the Internal Revenue Service $70,000 in delinquent taxes.

A notice filed this month in the Forsyth County Hall of Justice indicates the IRS has placed a lien on the Perrys. More from the Journal report:

In an email Wednesday, Harris-Perry said she was unaware of the tax lien but knew about the debt. She said she and her husband paid $21,721 of the debt when they filed their taxes Wednesday. The remaining debt, $48,581, covers a tax period ending Dec. 31, 2013, according to the notice.
Harris-Perry said she and her husband had been working to pay off the debt but had to deal with a series of personal crises that caused the couple to pay off the debt a lot slower than expected.
“We were aware that we would continue to need to work to pay off the 2013 debt,” she said in the email.
Read the full story here. Harris-Perry currently hosts an eponymous show on MSNBC, 10 a.m. ET on Saturdays and Sundays.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
She'll probably get invited to the White House 80 times and become another Obama "advisor"

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Yet she continues to advocate stealing our money for other people. This...this folks in a nutshell is why libs are all full of shit. Oh I had a bad day so I can't pay my taxes but we should raise yours cause...cause...cause... um...racism!
L

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
Yet she continues to advocate stealing our money for other people. This...this folks in a nutshell is why libs are all full of shit. Oh I had a bad day so I can't pay my taxes but we should raise yours cause...cause...cause... um...racism!

Yep.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

yeah because no conservatives ever have trouble paying their taxes

makes perfect sense

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
yeah because no conservatives ever have trouble paying their taxes

makes perfect sense

I would be willing to bet that there's more political conservatives that pay their taxes than liberal for the simple fact that they're targeted. (Hello Lois Lerner)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
I would be willing to bet that there's more political conservatives that pay their taxes than liberal for the simple fact that they're targeted. (Hello Lois Lerner)

It's just the amount that kind of surprises me. 70 thousand.

I know for alot of lower to middle class people 70k a good sum of money but she hosts a damn televison show and his married! lol

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
You gotta wonder if thats taxes and penalties or just the base number. But yeah thats alot. I got paper audited by the IRS. I figured I was fucked. I sent the proof they were asking for. I kinda though it was weak even though it was the truth....got a quick 3 sentance later back 2 weeks later saying I was good.
L