Author Topic: ESPN Reporter Britt McHenry berates Towing Attendant Rant  (Read 30464 times)

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: ESPN reporter berates parking lot attendant in ugly rant
« Reply #100 on: April 17, 2015, 07:08:17 PM »
This is the "issue" of free speech. People are under this false impression that they can say anything they want because we live in free country. Ya know, the whole 1st amendment, blah, blah, blah. People often do not realize that freedom of speech works both ways. Sure, you can say whatever you want (within reason), however, other people then have freedom of speech to call you on your bullshit and say whatever they like (within reason). In my opinion, this represents a generation of self-entitlement. I should be able to say whatever I want to say, without consequences. Its a very narcissistic way of looking at the world.

She's hot but I'd have told her ; " Your butt smells." ;)

rudylrichards

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #101 on: April 17, 2015, 07:21:59 PM »
ESPN probably has some sort of "code of conduct" clause with all of their on-air reporters. ESPN can do what they want.
i'm sure they do but you don't cave because a few ppl who do & say a lot worse in their daily life got upset. Jason Williams shooting his driver, Marv Alberts etc I can see but this is silly. I thought she was creative, sarcastic & funny with her insults.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #102 on: April 17, 2015, 07:22:26 PM »
a

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #103 on: April 17, 2015, 07:57:51 PM »
I actually take up for her and don't blame her. Have u ever had your car towed? Them and parking enforcement are the most ruthless clerks behind the counter and will purposefully try to agitate you when you go to get your auto. They will make smart remarks and if you give them attitude they can make your life miserable.

People who work there are crooks and low life scum who DESERVE to be put in their low place/
Britt is still a bitch but I'll give her a pass here

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #104 on: April 17, 2015, 08:55:16 PM »
http://deadspin.com/espn-reporter-britt-mchenry-has-a-history-of-being-rude-1698483713

We received an email from someone who credibly claims to have been a former classmate of McHenry’s at Northwestern:

Overall she was just very stuck up and stuck on herself. She would barely associate herself with most of us in the program. She asked one classmate who was cool with most folks “why do you still hang out with those Medilldos?” Most of us lived either in Evanston or not far from it in Chicago and there would be times I’d see her outside of class and she would just walk past me on the street without speaking. This wasn’t a huge program. Our incoming quarter was around 35-40 people and we’re spending 8 hours a day, 5 days a week together for the most part. She was in Medill’s DC program for the last quarter and it was well-known among most of the people there that she and another girl filmed fake stand ups for their reporter reels. Not long ago she got into a Facebook spat with a classmate whose wife is expecting a baby after she complained about having to see so many baby pictures in her newsfeed. At best, her work back then was mediocre and other people in the program with about the same skill set never landed jobs after graduating — on top of the many people with better skills who never found work either.
X

macgarth

• Getbig II
« Reply #105 on: April 17, 2015, 09:18:20 PM »
http://deadspin.com/espn-reporter-britt-mchenry-has-a-history-of-being-rude-1698483713

We received an email from someone who credibly claims to have been a former classmate of McHenry’s at Northwestern:

Overall she was just very stuck up and stuck on herself. She would barely associate herself with most of us in the program. She asked one classmate who was cool with most folks “why do you still hang out with those Medilldos?” Most of us lived either in Evanston or not far from it in Chicago and there would be times I’d see her outside of class and she would just walk past me on the street without speaking. This wasn’t a huge program. Our incoming quarter was around 35-40 people and we’re spending 8 hours a day, 5 days a week together for the most part. She was in Medill’s DC program for the last quarter and it was well-known among most of the people there that she and another girl filmed fake stand ups for their reporter reels. Not long ago she got into a Facebook spat with a classmate whose wife is expecting a baby after she complained about having to see so many baby pictures in her newsfeed. At best, her work back then was mediocre and other people in the program with about the same skill set never landed jobs after graduating — on top of the many people with better skills who never found work either.

I wonder what her special skill set was  :D Without the war paint, she's not one to be throwing stones at others.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #106 on: April 17, 2015, 09:23:41 PM »
Instead of firing her, ESPN should be forced to send her over to Iraq and have her be a side line reporter for some soccer game where ISIS uses the heads of the white man as a ball...That will straighten her out...

Pete Nice

• Getbig IV
  • Can't wait until the new DaddyWaddy's come out
« Reply #107 on: April 17, 2015, 09:34:13 PM »
She's done.  Her career is over, due to social media she will get terrorized if she continues on.
Air Falcon

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #108 on: April 17, 2015, 11:58:06 PM »
A meltdown backfiring all the way.  Who says, "I'm on TV..or I work for the news."  Guess what princess...nobody cares, but you.
The problem with most decent looking women is they are so used to guys doing backflips for them to get their tip wet.  When things don't go their way, they simply can't handle it.
Pointing out some of your achievements to a tow truck desk worker is pathetic.  Imagine Bill Gates doing this...oh wait, the attendant would actually know who he is.  Well, probably not...haha
Bashing someone's appearance is straight out of the 3rd grade and exemplifies a small minded unattractive soul.
It's different on getbig though..haha. Special rules.
N

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #109 on: April 18, 2015, 12:56:09 AM »
self entitled whore

and she sucked cock all the way to her position at ESPN so no achievement there

If I see a woman being a successfull engineer, software developer, entrepreneur or something that takes real skill, I will give go ahead to be self entitled. Until then know your place woman  :D

BooRadley

« Reply #110 on: April 18, 2015, 04:21:36 AM »
"ESPN reporter"

I smell a mudshark.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: April 18, 2015, 04:42:54 AM »
its tragic how

people use the internet as a tool to put the knife in

she has lost her career for a few stupid comments

and people love it

jealousy is a bitch  ;D
T

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #112 on: April 18, 2015, 04:44:36 AM »
A friend of mine used to be NYPD and he says that illegal towing is a huge problem in NY. He's been defending her on Twitter pretty successfully.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #113 on: April 18, 2015, 06:14:33 AM »
A friend of mine used to be NYPD and he says that illegal towing is a huge problem in NY. He's been defending her on Twitter pretty successfully.
white knight of peace

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #114 on: April 18, 2015, 06:29:26 AM »
white knight of peace

Actually, I think that it's more that he can't fucking stand illegal towing companies. But, knowing the dude pretty well, if he can wrangle a BJ out of the deal, he won't say no.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #115 on: April 18, 2015, 06:43:52 AM »
white knight of peace

LOL the white knights are hilarious.

Actually, I think that it's more that he can't fucking stand illegal towing companies. But, knowing the dude pretty well, if he can wrangle a BJ out of the deal, he won't say no.

your friend would make for a great getbigger.

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #116 on: April 18, 2015, 07:29:22 AM »
The problem with firing her is that it will make her another feminist martyr.  She'll have a book deal and be on Oprah talking about all the sexism in her field, what she had to do to succeed, and the obvious double standards that exists if a "man had done what she did".  ::)

Hell, FOX news will probably hire because she's white and berated a minority!

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #117 on: April 18, 2015, 07:44:03 AM »

Still gives her no right to treat someone like that. The  lady behind the counter did not call her in. Someone else who saw the car did.

And what does the ladies looks or education have anything to do with the car being towed? Has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

She's just a nasty women. Plain and simple.
X

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #118 on: April 18, 2015, 10:48:22 AM »
I don't think she should be fired but I do think that a one week suspension isn't even a slap on the wrist. 

She deserves to get humbled a little bit, that's all.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #119 on: April 18, 2015, 11:00:10 AM »
They need to make her do sportscenter in the nude like Russian news.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: April 18, 2015, 11:50:24 AM »
The real problem is this girl is most likely a bitch 99% of the time and we got to see her true colores. She has the mentality of a 12 year old. Calling people fat and using her "authority" to threaten people. Me thinks this isn't the first time. Her career is over before it started as no one will hire her now.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #121 on: April 18, 2015, 11:57:22 AM »
I don't think she should be fired but I do think that a one week suspension isn't even a slap on the wrist. 

She deserves to get humbled a little bit, that's all.

If you were the president or CEO of ESPN or Disney, you may be speaking differently. Its much different when you're in that position and you want your company to maintain a reputable position in the eyes of viewers. If I was in a position of authority, Id fire her ass in a second. The opinion of viewers/people/fans of ESPN take precedence over one idiot (Britt McHenry).
X

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #122 on: April 18, 2015, 12:15:02 PM »
Imagine if some woman in their 20's dissed your mother? Dissed your mom's teeth and dissed her body..... and told her that she is brainless and lives in a trailer.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #123 on: April 18, 2015, 12:23:19 PM »
Imagine if some woman in their 20's dissed your mother? Dissed your mom's teeth and dissed her body..... and told her that she is brainless and lives in a trailer.

x2. Or someones daughter. The response would be quite different.
X

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #124 on: April 18, 2015, 12:36:45 PM »
If you were the president or CEO of ESPN or Disney, you may be speaking differently. Its much different when you're in that position and you want your company to maintain a reputable position in the eyes of viewers. If I was in a position of authority, Id fire her ass in a second. The opinion of viewers/people/fans of ESPN take precedence over one idiot (Britt McHenry).

If I was the CEO of ESPN or Disney I would be speaking differently.  I would be saying....blah blah blah, global warming, blah blah blah, President Obama, blah blah blah, gay marriage, etc.

Like I said, they need to give this bitch a real suspension not one fucking week.  I wouldn't fire her though because I think people should be allowed a second chance when they fuck up, even white people.  I'd keep that dumb tramp on a short leash though.  I think the viewers would move on if she was punished appropriately.