Author Topic: Ronnie Coleman - 4 Weeks Out From The 1998 Mr. Olympia PICS!!!  (Read 17443 times)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Re: Ronnie Coleman - 4 Weeks Out From The 1998 Mr. Olympia PICS!!!
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2015, 11:37:40 AM »
I can't believe we're actually having this conversation of Ronnie vs. Phil.  ND hate for Ronnie goes so far as to dragging Phil into it.  You wasted years of your time on this crap and you haven't convinced a single soul to change their mind.  As time goes on and Ronnie's and Lee's records continue to stand Ronnie has 8 and Dorian has 6.  I truly believe you have to be mentally ill to carry on like this some form of OCD.  Gentlemen, please don't encourage him.

At the end of the day, a prime Ronnie beats a prime Dorian. Sure, Dorian was a great bodybuilder, but Ronnie was the best of all time. Hands down.

I suspect ND just likes to troll people. Deep down he knows no other bodybuilder has surpassed a prime Ronnie Coleman.
X

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2015, 11:41:23 AM »
I can't believe we're actually having this conversation of Ronnie vs. Phil.  ND hate for Ronnie goes so far as to dragging Phil into it.  You wasted years of your time on this crap and you haven't convinced a single soul to change their mind.  As time goes on and Ronnie's and Lee's records continue to stand Ronnie has 8 and Dorian has 6.  I truly believe you have to be mentally ill to carry on like this some form of OCD.  Gentlemen, please don't encourage him.

LMAO meltdown and It's funny you said " In before ND " but you're the one who brought Dorian into this NOT me  ;) in fact the last time in the Shawn Ray thread YOU brought Dorian into it , YOU not me  ;) I let go of this nonsense years ago it's the crybaby Ronnie fans always trying so hard to prove he really , really was better.

I don't start this nonsense. I finish it  ;)

And where did I ever say Phil was better than Ronnie?  ??? I never once claimed that. In fact I always said Ronnie would mop the floor with him.

Wiggs I think you're cracking bro

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2015, 11:43:11 AM »
At the end of the day, a prime Ronnie beats a prime Dorian. Sure, Dorian was a great bodybuilder, but Ronnie was the best of all time. Hands down.

I suspect ND just likes to troll people. Deep down he knows no other bodybuilder has surpassed a prime Ronnie Coleman.

The troll calling others trolls lol

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2015, 11:44:05 AM »
LMAO meltdown and It's funny you said " In before ND " but you're the one who brought Dorian into this NOT me  ;) in fact the last time in the Shawn Ray thread YOU brought Dorian into it , YOU not me  ;) I let go of this nonsense years ago it's the crybaby Ronnie fans always trying so hard to prove he really , really was better.

I don't start this nonsense. I finish it  ;)

And where did I ever say Phil was better than Ronnie?  ??? I never once claimed that. In fact I always said Ronnie would mop the floor with him.

Wiggs I think you're cracking bro

Got a picture of Dorian who comes close to that? I doubt it. ;D Iceman81 managed to end the yearslong debate with one single post, thank you for that. :)

Neptune100

• Getbig III
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2015, 12:06:28 PM »

Truth

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2015, 12:22:06 PM »
Gimmick  ;)

Hey buddy, what'd ya have for breakfast today? How was your day?

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2015, 12:42:25 PM »

Core

• Getbig III
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2015, 01:16:42 PM »
shredded, but imo looks narrower than heath in the mm shots.

the side twisting triceps shot though is great, hes stupidly ripped there.

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2015, 01:18:05 PM »
These were posted by Chad Nicholls:

"Here's a Throwback to the BEGINNING of Ronnie's Reign as Mr. Olympia. These pics were taken 4 weeks out of the '98 Mr. Olympia. Here's a little backstory on them - I went to pick these up from the post office, yes this was before the "digital" age LOL! I stopped by there on my way to the airport to pick up Thomas N. Prince and Dennis Newman who were guest posing for me that weekend. I showed them the pics - Tom's reaction was "Nobody is going to beat him!" Dennis' reaction was "That's a whole nother level of insanity" - the next words out of Tom's mouth were "Does Flex know what he looks like?!"
1998 was built up to be the battle of Flex and Nasser and Ronnie came in and messed everyone's plans up for the next 8 years!"

This is just insane. Ronnie is on another level.

Ronnie the best bodybuilder of all time .

those pictures are simply unbeatable

WoooSSSHHHHHHHHH

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2015, 01:23:47 PM »
Phil compares well in certain poses but Ronnie is clearly better.  Ronnie's structure is superior.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2015, 08:38:23 PM »
looks amazing as usual for that time period. 98/99 Ronnie and even 2001 AC (gut not withstanding) are unbeatable by anyone onstage.

any more shots from this shoot? front biceps shots?
Flower Boy Ran Away

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2015, 09:47:18 PM »
Got a picture of Dorian who comes close to that? I doubt it. ;D Iceman81 managed to end the yearslong debate with one single post, thank you for that. :)

8) 8) 8)

Thick Nick

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • "Some want to look good, others want to do good."
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2015, 11:22:32 PM »
Calves are part of a human body... Ronnie Coleman deserved zero Olympia's... ZERO calves ZERO wins.
$

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2015, 11:22:57 PM »
That's not even close Neo. Ronnie is killing him in that pose.

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2015, 07:11:22 AM »
That's not even close Neo. Ronnie is killing him in that pose.

how is Ronnie killing Dorian? I'm not saying Dorian wins that comparison but it's very close. Dorian is more muscular and has better balance. Ronnie's delts overpower his pecs and his upper arm makes his forearm look like a toothpick

The Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2015, 07:16:13 AM »
Calves are part of a human body... Ronnie Coleman deserved zero Olympia's... ZERO calves ZERO wins.

Calves don't play a huge role in structure or competition. Maybe if everything else is even yes. But Ronnie won everything else by a long way.

Waller

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2015, 08:02:57 AM »
how is Ronnie killing Dorian? I'm not saying Dorian wins that comparison but it's very close. Dorian is more muscular and has better balance. Ronnie's delts overpower his pecs and his upper arm makes his forearm look like a toothpick

Do you not think it's just because Ronnie has his shoulder dropped and forward more? Shoulder position makes a massive difference on the balance of that pose.

If Ronnie pulled his shoulder up and back he'd look completely different. My money is on Ronald here.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2015, 08:08:00 AM »
Calves don't play a huge role in structure or competition. Maybe if everything else is even yes. But Ronnie won everything else by a long way.

"Thick" Nick is not the sharpest tool in the shed. Ronnie did not have the best calves, but to say he had ZERO calves is idiotic.

One can say the the same thing about Dorians arms, Phil Heaths narrow structure and small chest, etc.

X

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2015, 08:44:46 AM »
Do you not think it's just because Ronnie has his shoulder dropped and forward more? Shoulder position makes a massive difference on the balance of that pose.

If Ronnie pulled his shoulder up and back he'd look completely different. My money is on Ronald here.

let me get this right.. so you are judging that comparison based on what you think Ronnie would look like instead of how he actually looks? If the best bodybuilder in the world came on stage with no tan, no oil and pushing out his stomach, should the judges still give him first place based on how he would look?

Waller

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2015, 08:55:55 AM »
let me get this right.. so you are judging that comparison based on what you think Ronnie would look like instead of how he actually looks? If the best bodybuilder in the world came on stage with no tan, no oil and pushing out his stomach, should the judges still give him first place based on how he would look?

Nope. I still prefer Ronald in a direct comparison.

What I said about posture was aimed at what you believe to be imbalances.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2015, 08:58:29 AM »
"Thick" Nick is not the sharpest tool in the shed. Ronnie did not have the best calves, but to say he had ZERO calves is idiotic.

One can say the the same thing about Dorians arms, Phil Heaths narrow structure and small chest, etc.

That picture is heavily sharpened and he had NO calves at all. Second  & Third pictures are from the same contest  :-\

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2015, 11:08:13 AM »
The black man curse, no calves on a huge upper body.

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2015, 12:12:56 PM »
The black man curse, no calves on a huge upper body.

There ain't no black or white, it's all genetics in the end...

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #49 on: April 18, 2015, 12:23:34 PM »
There ain't no black or white, it's all genetics in the end...

That's when Dexter used to synthol his calves.