Author Topic: Project Flex Lewis - new gym and seminar  (Read 23650 times)

TK

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
Project Flex Lewis - new gym and seminar
« on: April 18, 2015, 08:31:53 AM »
Looks like Flex Lewis has a brand new gym of his own.

Hulk-smash!

• Getbig IV
  • All the muscle in the world!
Re: Project Flex Lewis - new gym and seminar
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2015, 08:36:33 AM »
2 days for the low, low price of $5,000 ea. you can learn the biological fact that Flex has one in a few million genes & there is absolutely NOTHING you can do to even slightly resemble his physique in the least bit.  What a F'in bargain!!! ::)
I

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2015, 08:40:55 AM »
Its not even 2 days. Its one full day on Saturday and 2 hours on Sunday.

CAMP DATES
Each camp will host up to 100 people.
• April 18-19th… 100 tickets for the first ever camp go on sale Friday the 13th at 7pm EST at http://flextraordinary.com
• May 30-31st
• June 27-28th
• July 18-19th
• August 1-2nd
• October 17-18th
• November 7-8th
• December 5-6th *Tentative

SAMPLE SCHEDULE

SATURDAY
• 9am — Project Flex and the Flextraordinary store opens (visitors sign in and receive free sample pack, coffee and refreshments, sample BSN products and Syntha-6 smoothies will be for sale)
• 10am — Opening Introductions (rules, staff, review format, meet Cosmo)
• 10:30am — Flex Lewis Story (life story, winning, what does it mean to #BeFlextraordinary)
• 11am — Nutrition sponsored by Six Pack Bags (on-season, off-season, show-prep, making good decisions, traveling)
• 11:30am — Break (coffee, pictures w/ Flex, smoothies, talk to vendors)
• 12pm — Believe to Achieve Philosophy (how Flex does things)
• 12:45pm — Raffle drawings
• 1pm — Lunch (fully catered by Muscle Maker Grill Deerfield, refreshments, pictures w/ Flex, smoothies, talk to vendors)
• 2pm — In-Gym Training Seminar (chest, delts, back, legs, abs)
• 3pm – PUSH Challenge sponsored by BSN NO-XPLODE. *Open to a limited number of entries where campers will compete against each other to win BSN prizes.
• 4:30pm — Gym opens for open training session (everyone invited to train, store is open)
• 6pm — Open train ends

SUNDAY
• 9am–11am — Project Flex Gym opens for “Open Training” session. Store is open.

X

Waller

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2015, 08:42:51 AM »
Its not even 2 days. Its one full day on Saturday and 2 hours on Sunday.

CAMP DATES
Each camp will host up to 100 people.
• April 18-19th… 100 tickets for the first ever camp go on sale Friday the 13th at 7pm EST at http://flextraordinary.com
• May 30-31st
• June 27-28th
• July 18-19th
• August 1-2nd
• October 17-18th
• November 7-8th
• December 5-6th *Tentative

SAMPLE SCHEDULE

SATURDAY
• 9am — Project Flex and the Flextraordinary store opens (visitors sign in and receive free sample pack, coffee and refreshments, sample BSN products and Syntha-6 smoothies will be for sale)
• 10am — Opening Introductions (rules, staff, review format, meet Cosmo)
• 10:30am — Flex Lewis Story (life story, winning, what does it mean to #BeFlextraordinary)
• 11am — Nutrition sponsored by Six Pack Bags (on-season, off-season, show-prep, making good decisions, traveling)
• 11:30am — Break (coffee, pictures w/ Flex, smoothies, talk to vendors)
• 12pm — Believe to Achieve Philosophy (how Flex does things)
• 12:45pm — Raffle drawings
• 1pm — Lunch (fully catered by Muscle Maker Grill Deerfield, refreshments, pictures w/ Flex, smoothies, talk to vendors)
• 2pm — In-Gym Training Seminar (chest, delts, back, legs, abs)
• 3pm – PUSH Challenge sponsored by BSN NO-XPLODE. *Open to a limited number of entries where campers will compete against each other to win BSN prizes.
• 4:30pm — Gym opens for open training session (everyone invited to train, store is open)
• 6pm — Open train ends

SUNDAY
• 9am–11am — Project Flex Gym opens for “Open Training” session. Store is open.

A life story in 30 minutes? Value for money right there.

Hulk-smash!

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2015, 08:43:10 AM »
People have been doing this kinda $%# since the days of Bennar McFadden & Dr Kellog.
I

Hulk-smash!

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2015, 08:45:11 AM »

Ha-ha-ha!  I was born, I touched my mom's 5lb pink dumbell the next day I had 16"arms at age 7.

I wouldn't be suprised if he will "off the record" & for another $500 give you a xerox copy of his "secret stack" of supplements you can buy in the Flex Lewis Supplement Warehouse (GNC).
I

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2015, 08:45:30 AM »

Short man, short story?  ;D

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2015, 08:46:56 AM »
$150.00 for pretty much 1 day

X

Hulk-smash!

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2015, 08:47:36 AM »
I

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2015, 08:55:43 AM »
Pick em up, put em down. Not rocket science.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2015, 08:56:02 AM »

I know, right?   ;D

I am all for entrepreneurship, but you have to wonder about the "guys" who sign up for these kinds of camps (Cormier has one too http://www.legendcamps.com/).  Wtf are they really there for?  It is certainly not to get in shape, which anyone can do without these silly camps.  "Schmoe" almost seems too kind a word.  It all reminds me of that John DuPont wrestling camp drama from a few years ago... it was eventually made into the movie Foxcatcher.  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1100089/?ref_=nv_sr_1

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2015, 08:59:36 AM »
I know, right?   ;D

I am all for entrepreneurship, but you have to wonder about the "guys" who sign up for these  kinds of camps.  Wtf are they really there for?  It is certainly not to get in shape, which anyone can do without these silly camps.  "Schmoe" almost seems too kind a word.  It all reminds me of that John DuPont wrestling camp drama from a few years ago... it was eventually made into the movie Foxcatcher.  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1100089/?ref_=nv_sr_1

One could film it all in a sort of "mocumentary" style and see if it could be pawned off as another midget based "reality" show.  ;D

Make Flex out as a sort of buff little white trash hick and you could sell it  as "The Beverly Shillbilly".

Hulk-smash!

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2015, 09:08:29 AM »
I know, right?   ;D

I am all for entrepreneurship, but you have to wonder about the "guys" who sign up for these kinds of camps (Cormier has one too http://www.legendcamps.com/).  Wtf are they really there for?  It is certainly not to get in shape, which anyone can do without these silly camps.  "Schmoe" almost seems too kind a word.  It all reminds me of that John DuPont wrestling camp drama from a few years ago... it was eventually made into the movie Foxcatcher.  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1100089/?ref_=nv_sr_1

The "kinds" of people who sign up for these camps are the Taylor Hootens of the world looking for some hope.  These people also use idiotic drugs which drive them deeeep into depression & they often times commit suicide as a result.
I

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2015, 09:19:22 AM »
The "kinds" of people who sign up for these camps are the Taylor Hootens of the world looking for some hope.  These people also use idiotic drugs which drive them deeeep into depression & they often times commit suicide as a result.

The teenagers who might actually benefit from whatever "knowledge" can be gleaned at this camp don't have the money to attend.  The guys who really have the money are older and are probably too out of shape to attend.  And if you are already in shape you do not need to attend.  So the guys who sign up are a strange mix of Flex acolytes, fans, and worshipers who want to be in the same room with him to satisfy some weird longing.  Maybe they will get some photos out of it and treasured memories..?  Any way you look at it... it's weird.  :-\

Then again, it is no weirder than everything else around this sport.  Carry on.  ::)

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2015, 09:23:54 AM »
The teenagers who might actually benefit from whatever "knowledge" can be gleaned at this camp don't have the money to attend.  The guys who really have the money are older and are probably too out of shape to attend.  And if you are already in shape you do not need to attend.  So the guys who sign up are a strange mix of Flex acolytes, fans, and worshipers who want to be in the same room with him to satisfy some weird longing.  Maybe they will get some photos out of it and treasured memories..?  Any way you look at it... it's weird.  :-\

Then again, it is no weirder than everything else around this sport.  ::)

Haha all true  ;D

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2015, 09:27:08 AM »
Might have to visit the place. I live close to Deerfield, I am in the area a lot will give a full report.

Hulk-smash!

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2015, 11:13:19 AM »

Then again, it is no weirder than everything else around this sport.  Carry on.  ::)

One THE best built dudes I've ever seen in person was this black broke kid w/ no father, no family, no money, no car, no nothing.  A local gym owner was also a high school football coach who noticed him in the gym.  This dude was only like 5'6" but goddam he was freakin' huge & ripped to shit & then some.  I nervously asked him "how'd you get this big".  He said "shit I don't know just doin' what everybody else on the football team was doin".  But he had those 1 in few million genes to explode by just looking at a 5lb dumbbell.  He didn't use any supplements but I'm sure he popped some Dbol if I know the coach which I did. He competed in the junior division of an early  80's Mr USA contest & placed third I think?  He was only like 17yrs old I beleive.  My point is some people win the genetic lottery & end up pro IFBB's after 3yrs of lifting.  Most are like me & never will.  But I still love bodybuilding.
I

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
  • King of Cybex Glute Machine
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2015, 11:21:08 AM »
they charge too much for seminars
too much for gym fees
too much for protein powder

bla bla bla

all you do all day is bitch because your piss poor and suck at life.

Hulk-smash!

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2015, 11:28:10 AM »
I train at home so I don't have to be around idiots like YOU!

I only use creatine & arginine (not for BBing).

Pros are some of the most stupid egomaniacs on earth.  They don't have faintest F'in clue how they got the size they have and could'nt give directions on how to use a water fountain.

I

goku

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2015, 01:05:44 PM »
$150 compared to Palumbo's $750!

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2015, 01:55:18 PM »
One THE best built dudes I've ever seen in person was this black broke kid w/ no father, no family, no money, no car, no nothing.  A local gym owner was also a high school football coach who noticed him in the gym.  This dude was only like 5'6" but goddam he was freakin' huge & ripped to shit & then some.  I nervously asked him "how'd you get this big".  He said "shit I don't know just doin' what everybody else on the football team was doin".  But he had those 1 in few million genes to explode by just looking at a 5lb dumbbell.  He didn't use any supplements but I'm sure he popped some Dbol if I know the coach which I did. He competed in the junior division of an early  80's Mr USA contest & placed third I think?  He was only like 17yrs old I beleive.  My point is some people win the genetic lottery & end up pro IFBB's after 3yrs of lifting.  Most are like me & never will.  But I still love bodybuilding.

Would you go to one of these camps?  Who exactly do you think they are aimed at?  Out of shape tweens?  Thirtysomethings?  Older?  If you are already in shape you are not the audience for this.  Obviously, it is for fans of Flex, but the very people who would pay to attend a camp like this will turn around and tell you that they are not really fans of pro bodybuilding even though they have a library of muscle videos, magazines, and attend these "camps."  What's that about?  :-\

Hulk-smash!

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2015, 01:58:14 PM »
Their aimed at anyone stupid enough to give them they're (or daddy's) $$.  Its subliminally telling its customers if you give me your $$ you might have a chance at looking like me...when .0001% might at the most.  Men like Flex Lewis or Wheeler (who btw was a helluva lot better than Lewis ever will be) are born.  No different than Michael Jordan, Willie Mays, Tiger Woods, Babe Ruth, Ty Cobb, Joe DeMaggio, etc.).  Did you ever see any of these men putting on some "camp" in they're prime?  Hell no.
I

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2015, 02:06:54 PM »
Their aimed at anyone stupid enough to give them they're (or daddy's) $$.  Its subliminally telling its customers if you give me your $$ you might have a chance at looking like me...when .0001% might at the most.  Men like Flex Lewis or Wheeler (who btw was a helluva lot better than Lewis ever will be) are born.  No different than Michael Jordan, Willie Mays, Tiger Woods, Babe Ruth, Ty Cobb, Joe DeMaggio, etc.).  Did you ever see any of these men putting on some "camp" in they're prime?  Hell no.

Your 'tween son or younger brother comes to you.  "Can I have/borrow some money to attend Flex's camp?"  And he shows you the photos, links, etc.  What do you say to him?  ???  Do you give him the money?  Is this harmless?  What is the larger narrative here, if any?

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2015, 02:23:20 PM »
Gayer than going to a "muscle camp".

Hulk-smash!

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2015, 02:37:19 PM »
I teach my son (who is 12yrs old) by example & being a living example you don't need drugs or protein powder or advice from fools to make the most of yourself.  Yet another reason why I train at home.
I