• Getbig IV
p
« on: February 26, 2006, 09:23:07 AM »
k

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
Re: This is either bull or highly inaccurate!
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2006, 09:25:03 AM »
thats about right...

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2006, 09:36:10 AM »
Darrem ain't 230 onstage, no fuckin' way, these guys always lie about their weight, Bob Chick claims to be 250 yet in that 30 days show his arms looked all of 17 inches.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2006, 09:38:04 AM »
Darrem ain't 230 onstage, no fuckin' way, these guys always lie about their weight, Bob Chick claims to be 250 yet in that 30 days show his arms looked all of 17 inches.

Lame.
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2006, 09:44:52 AM »
i would believe it, especially since Melvin Anthony is around 235 onstage. Chick was a 240-250 guy from what i hear
Scouser on Tour

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2006, 11:00:04 AM »
Chicks hair/hair products add 15lbs.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2006, 11:39:21 AM »
That doesnt make sense bro...
They have the exact same proportions ( chest and arms dominant, mediocore back, skinny legs, good midsection), they weigh the same and Darrem is 5 inches shorter...
Even with the difference in conditioning... something doesnt add up....

Their proportions are not the same, how can they be at sifferent heights? THAT is the whole reason they look different. Different shape to the muscles. Arnold was one of a kind. When Arnold flxed shit happened. When most guys today flex they look they same as when they are standing relaxed.

Drij

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2006, 11:47:06 AM »
/\
I agree with you, Chick in his videos looks pretty big right now.

body88

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2006, 12:04:57 PM »
when a person asks you how much you weigh you automatically add pounds why would the pros be different

there is no frekin way darrem is 230 lol

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2006, 12:09:40 PM »
Take into account joint structure,charles is in harder condition than arnold was too,and believe or not sans calve's charles leg's are bigger and more seperated than arnold's at his prime.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2006, 12:11:58 PM »
I wouldn't say Derem weights more than 200pds and he is not talle than 5'7"!
just push some weight!

dawakaman

• Getbig III
  • Never settle for less
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2006, 12:13:37 PM »
just because people have the same height and bodyweight does not mean they will look the same, because of muscle insertions,shape of the muscle bellies and factors like that. Let alone if someone is shorter...
peace
d

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2006, 12:29:08 PM »
Take into account joint structure,charles is in harder condition than arnold was too,and believe or not sans calve's charles leg's are bigger and more seperated than arnold's at his prime.

Darrem's legs were more separated??? mmmmm NO!

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!

Gord

• Getbig IV
  • Smile when you say that
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2006, 12:59:46 PM »
Their proportions are not the same, how can they be at sifferent heights? THAT is the whole reason they look different. Different shape to the muscles. Arnold was one of a kind. When Arnold flxed shit happened. When most guys today flex they look they same as when they are standing relaxed.
Very true.
Not sure why this is, but when many guys from years back flexed their bodies just exploded, but with many of today's guys this doesn't happen. I was watching Badell's posing routine from last year's ASC and his phsyique and body parts, though impressive in some repsects, hardly changed in set poses compared to his relaxed stance!
Lies, damn lies and diets

body88

« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2006, 01:34:06 PM »
just because people have the same height and bodyweight does not mean they will look the same, because of muscle insertions,shape of the muscle bellies and factors like that. Let alone if someone is shorter...
peace
d

How does that have anything to do with dareem looking lighter than 230. If anything that would make him look bigger than 230 not smaller

hillbilly

• Getbig III
  • LOOK! the crazy cat is back and packing a gat!
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2006, 01:45:33 PM »

hillbilly

• Getbig III
  • LOOK! the crazy cat is back and packing a gat!
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2006, 01:47:37 PM »
Well darrems bigger in the legs and u never see an arnold lat spread for a reason! however its still hard to work out where all that weight difference comes from

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2006, 02:03:39 PM »
ronnies legs are much bigger than 34", they were 35" in 2000 when he weighed in the 260 range. 2 years ago he came along with legs the size ive never seen, even Flex Wheeler said theyre around the 40" mark
Scouser on Tour

rayrod

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2006, 02:54:00 PM »
how much do you think the oil in darrem's shoulders weigh

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2006, 02:59:11 PM »
Like it been said when Arnold flexed he looked completly diffrent,further more Arnold seemed to get WAYY bigger when pumped compared to not.You can see it clearly in some pictures and in Pumping Iron (especialy in the bicep scene where he talks about pump).

I would say Darrem is 220~ give or take,diffrent bodies all togther.We all have friends who are big and feather weight or tiny and like weigh a ton.

blaster

• Getbig III
  • If bodybuilding was easy, everyone would be big!
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2006, 03:00:18 PM »
Darrem is not exactly a 'small' guy.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2006, 03:02:14 PM »
i would believe it, especially since Melvin Anthony is around 235 onstage. Chick was a 240-250 guy from what i hear
Melvin Anthony was 233 lbs, fully clothed, last year on the Ironman weigh-in. Is probably more competitive when around 220-225 lbs.
YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2006, 03:19:54 PM »
I get the information on my site from various sources including (but not limited to): musclememory.com, repetrope.com, all pro websites, and from my huge collection of bodybuildings mags.  Plus I ask on ironage how tall pros were during their prime all the time.

The general consensus for Darrem is that he is about 5'8 or 5'9 at 230-235.  Probably closer to 5'8 actually so maybe I should change that file.

As for Arnold, try to keep in mind he was all chest and arms.  Compared to pros today he was lacking everything from behind except for calves (e.g., back and hamstrings).

And before the ironagers start pulling out pics of Arnold from behind looking big, keep in mind he is standing alone in those pics, and keep in mind I'm not saying he is small from the back, but the objective reality is that he is small from the back compared to pros today.  Pros these days are thick from head to toe (including midsection too, I don't deny that).

Re: pros whose muscles don't "pop" when they flex.  That is because people like Markus Ruhl and other pros today are so damn big to begin with that their muscles can't pop.  They are already popping all over the place even when standing relaxed.

Slick Vic

« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2006, 04:02:33 PM »
Either Arnolds measurements are totally fucked or everyone else is lying... I dont see how this shit is possible....Arnold had a 57 inch chest, what is Ronnies like 63 or something? There is a much bigger difference in back than 6 inches between them... Ronnie has the biggest legs in the pros and he said himself that they were 34 inches, Arnold says his were 27 inches but there are numerous pros that claim between 30-40 inches.. no one has bigger legs than Ronnie that means that a a majority of these guys legs are like 29 inches around....
I know bodybuilding is about looks and not measurements but honestly something is totally fucked here.
Wow! This REALLY bothers you, huh?  ::)