Author Topic: BALTIMORE POLICE: STILL NO ANSWERS IN CUSTODY DEATH  (Read 4217 times)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
BALTIMORE POLICE: STILL NO ANSWERS IN CUSTODY DEATH
« on: April 20, 2015, 06:50:22 PM »
http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/blog/bs-md-ci-freddie-gray-arrest-documents-20150420-story.html

City police wrote in court documents that Freddie Gray was arrested "without force or incident" for having a switchblade knife and suffered a medical emergency during transport

The documents provide the first account of Gray's arrest last week during which time he was critically injured and later died. The case has sparked outrage and police have said little about the circumstances, saying the case was under investigation.

The account is provided in charging documents filed in District Court, where officer Garrett Miller wrote that Gray was stopped because he "fled unprovoked upon noticing police presence." When Gray, 25, was stopped, they found a knife clipped to the inside of his front pants pocket and placed him under arrest.

"The defendant was arrested without force or incident," Miller wrote. "During transport to Western District via wagon transport the defendant suffered a medical emergency and was immediately transported to Shock Trauma via medic."

At a news conference Monday afternoon, police said that Gray repeatedly asked for medical care and did not receive it during the arrest that preceded his death.

Police Commissioner Anthony W. Batts said the department is reviewing its policies relating to prisoner transports and when officers should call medics for suspects. He said there were many occasions when medics should have been called.

An officer pulled out a Taser but did not deploy it during the arrest, and Gray asked for an inhaler but did not have one with him, Batts said.

The police van stopped to put leg irons on Gray, then was called to pick up another prisoner near Pennsylvania Avenue, before taking both prisoners to the Western District, where a medic was called for Gray, police said.

Police said the two prisoners were separated by a metal barrier in the back of the van, which did not have a camera inside.

City police have said that video of the incident — which shows a portion of the arrest — does not show use of force at the time of Gray's arrest, and the cause of his injuries remains unclear.

An attorney hired by Gray's family said his spinal cord was severed. He underwent extensive surgery at Shock Trauma, but died Sunday morning, a week after the April 12 incident.

The officers involved have been placed on administrative assignment pending the outcome of the investigation.
X

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
Re: BALTIMORE POLICE: STILL NO ANSWERS IN CUSTODY DEATH
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2015, 06:57:23 PM »
friend of mine (who was paying attention) posted this.  i haven't seen the video myself.  we both live in baltimore. 

"Freddie Grays injuries appear to be self inflicted. The video shows the officers placing Gray for a second time into wagon after his feet were shackled. Due to him being irate and thrashing around in back of the wagon."

not saying that's everything but that's all i've heard so far other than the news.

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2015, 06:59:25 PM »
His spine was severed?!   :o

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2015, 06:59:56 PM »
Ban guns!!!
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2015, 07:03:45 PM »
friend of mine (who was paying attention) posted this.  i haven't seen the video myself.  we both live in baltimore. 

"Freddie Grays injuries appear to be self inflicted. The video shows the officers placing Gray for a second time into wagon after his feet were shackled. Due to him being irate and thrashing around in back of the wagon."

not saying that's everything but that's all i've heard so far other than the news.

Yeah, who knows! I cant wait for Agnostic007 to reply.  :D :D
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2015, 07:04:44 PM »
His spine was severed?!   :o

Crazy. Maybe from him thrashing around in the cop van, as the above poster stated.
X

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2015, 07:11:01 PM »
Ban cops.  Let's live in a lawless world like Max Max.  I'll be called masta blasta

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2015, 07:40:09 PM »
Ban cops.  Let's live in a lawless world like Max Max.  I'll be called masta blasta

x2
X

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2015, 08:04:05 PM »

only if i can be wez

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2015, 08:51:50 PM »
Oh no who will write Beethovens 9th symphony  :'(         ::)

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2015, 09:02:54 PM »
Yeah, who knows! I cant wait for Agnostic007 to reply.  :D :D

Here's my reply. I have no idea what happened. I'll have to wait and see what information is forthcoming.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2015, 09:05:05 PM »
He was a smart ass, he was handcuffed AND ankle tied and they beat his ass - to death.   Nothing new. 
a

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2015, 09:06:46 PM »
He was a smart ass, he was handcuffed AND ankle tied and they beat his ass - to death.   Nothing new. 

Well, screw the investigation... we can close the books on this now

Chacka

• Getbig III
  • He's not a homo he did that shit for money.
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2015, 09:17:34 PM »

yes thrashing about to the extent that he severed his own spinal column makes much more sense ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2015, 09:25:52 PM »
simple... public lie detector tests.   If a person dies in police custody, cops have to give video'd polygraph tests.  If they can't agere, then they can't be cops. 

IF this man severed his own spine with his own thrashing - and IF cops didn't touch him, then they should be SCREAMING  FROM THE ROOFTOPS, proclaiming their innocence. 

It's easy to pass a polygraph if you're 1000% innocent.  It's easy to pass the 'eye test' if you're not full of shit.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2015, 09:31:50 PM »

Perhaps he slipped on a banana peel? Perhaps the doctors in the hospital broke his neck? Perhaps the killers that killed OJ's wife killed this guy too?

Little fuck was a smart ass. He was already injured- as is evidenced by the video where he's being dragged in to the van. He was cuffed and ankle cuffed and completely defenseless.  The cops beat his ass and broke his neck. Now he's dead.

And no, let's not close the books on this case. Let's find which cop(s) killed the guy.
a

Thick Nick

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • "Some want to look good, others want to do good."
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2015, 03:21:06 AM »
Oh no did we lose another fine upstanding citizen who didn't do anything wrong and was such a good person... Who just coincidentally was at the screen of a crime and fit the description of the criminal? Who just happened to falsely get arrested for something and try to resist arrest justifiably??? The horror!

Btw I didn't read any of this thread... But I'm close right?
$

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2015, 04:15:39 AM »
Oh no did we lose another fine upstanding citizen who didn't do anything wrong and was such a good person... Who just coincidentally was at the screen of a crime and fit the description of the criminal? Who just happened to falsely get arrested for something and try to resist arrest justifiably??? The horror!

Btw I didn't read any of this thread... But I'm close right?

I don't care if they have Ghandi or Hitler in the back of the van - nobody should get beaten to death, if that's what happened.   Let the courts decide punishment.

Dude was in the USA carrying a knife.  Arrest alone for that, and neck broken shortly after.  

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2015, 08:26:09 AM »
I don't care if they have Ghandi or Hitler in the back of the van - nobody should get beaten to death, if that's what happened.   Let the courts decide punishment.

Dude was in the USA carrying a knife.  Arrest alone for that, and neck broken shortly after.  

x2.

Criminal past or not, once hes in the van or taken into custody, its a done deal (as long as he is not posing a threat to himself or others).
X

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2015, 08:29:21 AM »
Don't worry they are investigating themselves.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2015, 08:44:59 AM »
Don't worry they are investigating themselves.

X

LittleJ

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2015, 10:21:43 AM »

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2015, 10:32:53 AM »
Liberals sure love criminals.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2015, 12:51:41 PM »
Interesting case to say the least. Latest news report says the spinal cord severed was the only damage to the body. no indication of any blunt force trauma, no broken bones, .. A another view of a different video indicates he was tazed. There is a low brick wall near where he was at when the video starts. Could have been the fall during tasing. It will not likely in my speculation,  be a result of the cops kicking his butt at a later time. Where that department differs from us is the response to a request for medical attention. We call EMS on skinned knees, a paper cut, almost any complaint of pain or distress. So that will likely come back to bite them. That they are forthcoming with the information that they dropped the ball when he requested medical help doesn't seem to indicate cover up to me. They could have easily said that he never did, or they never heard him.