Author Topic: What is a deadlift weight to be proud of?  (Read 10826 times)

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
Re: What is a deadlift weight to be proud of?
« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2015, 05:56:08 PM »
::)

Just like how if u wanted to u could have been a pro baseball player with ease or the next usain bolt

I can run a 40 in under 5 seconds at over 220 bodyweight 365 days a year...30 inch vertical jump...keep in mind this is with no speed training in  years though. I can easily hit a baseball 400 feet pretty effortlessly and probably still probably throw in the 80's these days despite all the benching and shoulder injuries.   Would you like to put your account on it? Cause thats the only way Im giving one of the  local  high school kids  40 bucks to throw batting practice and video tape me lol.
chose your next words wisely, because  we all remember what happened with the military press video lol
l

Sokolsky

• Getbig IV
  • Sensory receptors succumb
« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2015, 06:01:24 PM »
I can run a 40 in under 5 seconds at over 220 bodyweight 365 days a year...30 inch vertical jump...keep in mind this is with no speed training in  years though. I can easily hit a baseball 400 feet pretty effortlessly and probably still probably throw in the 80's these days despite all the benching and shoulder injuries.   Would you like to put your account on it? Cause thats the only way Im giving one of the  local  high school kids  40 bucks to throw batting practice and video tape me lol.
chose your next words wisely, because  we all remember what happened with the military press video lol

But can you curl 80kg for easy reps and celebrate your 23rd birthday?

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2015, 06:34:29 PM »
But you can't afford a new truck

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #53 on: April 21, 2015, 06:37:46 PM »
Ronnie would prob say "once you need hip replacement"..

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #54 on: April 21, 2015, 07:42:03 PM »
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #55 on: April 21, 2015, 07:44:52 PM »

dnduque

• Getbig II
« Reply #56 on: April 21, 2015, 07:58:38 PM »
Plateaued with the weight...so new strategy...not getting stronger...so i'm getting lighter...

here's 445 @132 lbs raw...natural...44 years old....and yeah short...like can't rides at Disney short...but strong...

always wondered if that's as impressive as 600lbw at 200 lbs because I'm so light...

Sokolsky

• Getbig IV
  • Sensory receptors succumb
« Reply #57 on: April 22, 2015, 02:46:43 AM »
Plateaued with the weight...so new strategy...not getting stronger...so i'm getting lighter...

here's 445 @132 lbs raw...natural...44 years old....and yeah short...like can't rides at Disney short...but strong...

always wondered if that's as impressive as 600lbw at 200 lbs because I'm so light...

Outright weight is always more impressive than relative weight.

Thick Nick

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • "Some want to look good, others want to do good."
« Reply #58 on: April 22, 2015, 02:52:43 AM »

Very impressive.
$

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #59 on: April 22, 2015, 03:37:26 AM »

Brutal 2 inch range of motion.

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: April 22, 2015, 08:35:06 AM »
I hit 525 for a double at about 205 last summer. Gonna start grinding away again and aim for 600 this year if that's not too unreasonable. I am build for deads however so its not a big deal. I get a better workout from doing 4 plates for maybe 8 or 10.

Nirvana

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: April 22, 2015, 09:17:38 AM »

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: April 22, 2015, 09:36:09 AM »

You're so short the 45's make it more like a rack pull.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Tennisballz

• Getbig IV
  • You CANNOT be serious!
« Reply #63 on: April 22, 2015, 09:54:05 AM »
When I was in the 10th grade I benched a massive 250 ;D, but I  deadlifted 450 pretty easily. I was gifted at the lift...when I stopped playing sports I quit deadlifting even though I was built for the lift with long arms long legs and a short torso, I wasnt built for benching at all but low and behold  made my way to a 400 lb raw bench. Had I put that energy into my deadlift a lift I was actually good at? Jesus christ
you must have stopped dead lifting to focus on your modeling career, right?

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #64 on: April 22, 2015, 10:05:05 AM »
How tall are you?  I've seen short fat guys lift 5 plates and was not impressed because their ROM is about 1 foot.  But being over 6 feet and lifting with guys 6-6 10" when I see a 5 plate deadlift I'm impressed because the ROM is 3+ feet.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #65 on: April 22, 2015, 10:17:10 AM »
OK runts here's the deal. Since the early 1980's the Gold Standard in competitive powerlifting is quite simple:

Squat, 3x body weight
Bench Press, 2x body weight
Deadlift, 3x body weight

Hit those numbers and you are a solid respectable lifter.

Those are competition numbers or at least strict gym lifts, with NO BENCH SHIRT and NO MULTI-PLY squat suit. There's still no equipment that helps you deadlift more, although some DL bars are slightly helpful.

This thread is now closed and I will personally visit and crush the village of any members that continue to post.  >:(
a

Neptune100

• Getbig III
« Reply #66 on: April 22, 2015, 10:21:50 AM »
OK runts here's the deal. Since the early 1980's the Gold Standard in competitive powerlifting is quite simple:

Squat, 3x body weight
Deadlift, 3x body weight

Those are competition numbers or at least strict gym lifts, with NO BENCH SHIRT and NO MULTI-PLY squat suit. There's still no equipment that helps you deadlift more, although some DL bars are slightly helpful.

This thread is now closed and I will personally visit and crush the village of any members that continue to post.  >:(

good post, but that doesn't really answer my question.  I didn't ask what the gold standard  in competitive power lifting is.  Im not a competitive power lifter. I asked what is a DL weight to be proud of for a guy not as serious as a competitive power lifter, but who works out on a regular basis.  If 3X is the gold standard, than I guess 2.5 is great for someone who just goes to the gym regularly and is trying to get stronger.

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #67 on: April 22, 2015, 10:47:52 AM »
How tall are you?  I've seen short fat guys lift 5 plates and was not impressed because their ROM is about 1 foot.  But being over 6 feet and lifting with guys 6-6 10" when I see a 5 plate deadlift I'm impressed because the ROM is 3+ feet.

More so to do with arm length than height though.  A guy with a structure  like john cena may be 6'2 but still has the   alligator arms of a 5'9 lifter.
l

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #68 on: April 22, 2015, 11:23:55 AM »
there was an old guy used to do triple bdwt for 21 reps 369 lbs  guy weighed 132 actually saw him do it twice,
F

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: April 22, 2015, 11:57:29 AM »

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: April 22, 2015, 12:03:43 PM »

Squat, 3x body weight
Deadlift, 3x body weight

You can crush my village any day, stud
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #71 on: April 22, 2015, 12:08:14 PM »
my friend at the gym dead 500 @ 132...

he holds two world bench records 440+@132 raw and 501@132 with single ply

he benched 405 for 3 @132 three weeks ago

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #72 on: April 22, 2015, 12:11:55 PM »
he did 531 x5 @132 couple of weeks ago at 85-90%

at Nationals he will break many records this year

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #73 on: April 22, 2015, 12:16:22 PM »

Squat, 3x body weight
Deadlift, 3x body weight

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #74 on: April 22, 2015, 01:00:19 PM »

Squat, 3x body weight
Deadlift, 3x body weight

Going to take umbrage with this simply because it gets dicey when dealing with larger lifters. I can reel off scores of #275's, #308's, and SHW/Unlimiteds that can't hit those numbers in combination, but are still considered lifting deities.

Even the old USPF standards for Master and Elite are under that - http://uspf.com/lifter%20classification.pdf .