Author Topic: Michele Bachmann: The Rapture Is Coming And It's Obama's Fault  (Read 5743 times)

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
Re: Michele Bachmann: The Rapture Is Coming And It's Obama's Fault
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2015, 08:29:14 AM »
Just when you believe some peoples views couldn't get more insane, they do. And to think, this crazy woman was briefly running for President of the United States. From these latest comments, it would appear she is a doomsday religious fanatic. "Lord" help us should one of her ilk get elected President in 2016.

I respect the left and the right's differing opinions, but why is it that all the nut jobs seem to come from the right?

They don't - there are nutjobs on both sides and they're all dangerous, each in his or her own special way.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2015, 08:36:05 AM »
They don't - there are nutjobs on both sides and they're all dangerous, each in his or her own special way.

can you give us some examples of left wing nut jobs that are comparable to Bachmann or comparable to the beliefs of the american doomsday cult (aka - fundamentalist christians)

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2015, 09:26:24 AM »
I can't take it anymore. You're officially riding the same short bus as straw man. I just can't figure out who's driving. You or him.

Everything I stated is pure fact.  Look it up if you like but you can't make a lion out of a fucking gerbil
A

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2015, 12:24:43 PM »
can you give us some examples of left wing nut jobs that are comparable to Bachmann or comparable to the beliefs of the american doomsday cult (aka - fundamentalist christians)

Doomsday cults don't have a monopoly of crazy. That's not to say that some liberals don't partake: while global warming is real (disclaimer: whether it's anthropogenic or not is up for debate) plenty of liberals are screaming "THE END OF THE WORLD IS NIGH!"

That aside, let's set teleology aside. There's still plenty of crazy, again from both sides. Look at guns: some crazy left-wingers want an outright gun ban; meanwhile some crazy right-wingers see nothing wrong with allowing citizens access to Stinger missiles.

That people who adhere to some particular mindset (e.g. Evangelical Christianity) tend to also be firmly planted on one side of the political spectrum doesn't mean that there aren't crazy people on the other end. There are crazy people at either end of the spectrum. It's naive to claim that one party or own group has a monopoly on crazy.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2015, 02:04:17 PM »
Doomsday cults don't have a monopoly of crazy. That's not to say that some liberals don't partake: while global warming is real (disclaimer: whether it's anthropogenic or not is up for debate) plenty of liberals are screaming "THE END OF THE WORLD IS NIGH!"

That aside, let's set teleology aside. There's still plenty of crazy, again from both sides. Look at guns: some crazy left-wingers want an outright gun ban; meanwhile some crazy right-wingers see nothing wrong with allowing citizens access to Stinger missiles.

That people who adhere to some particular mindset (e.g. Evangelical Christianity) tend to also be firmly planted on one side of the political spectrum doesn't mean that there aren't crazy people on the other end. There are crazy people at either end of the spectrum. It's naive to claim that one party or own group has a monopoly on crazy.

You're right, there will always be those fringe people with some crazy ideas about things.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2015, 02:57:59 PM »

I definitely get the point you're making but the even the fringe who want to "ban all guns" don't compare to the concept proposed by Bachmann that the POTUS is going to cause The Rapture (and insane premise in and of itself).   Also, I would suspect that the "ban all guns" crowd is tiny compared the the number of people who actually believe in the Rapture. 

"Ban all Guns" is not equivalent to "The end of times are here and I will see rise up off the earth and fly to heaven"

Also, to be clear.  I never said one party had a monopoly on crazy but one party definitely has a much larger and vocal group of crazies

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2015, 03:05:13 PM »
I find Michelle B. hillarious.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2015, 04:10:41 PM »
Michelle b ringing the crazy again.....you can see the lunacy in her eyes

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2015, 05:50:01 PM »
I definitely get the point you're making but the even the fringe who want to "ban all guns" don't compare to the concept proposed by Bachmann that the POTUS is going to cause The Rapture (and insane premise in and of itself).   Also, I would suspect that the "ban all guns" crowd is tiny compared the the number of people who actually believe in the Rapture.

The point is that there's people think all sorts of really crazy things. How many there are is not relevant - an idea should be judged on its merits, not how many ascribe to it. As for what's crazier, I don't claim any expertise on the subject. As far as I'm concerned, crazy is crazy and I see no real distinction between Bachmann believing the rapture is coming, or when Rosie O'Donnell articulates her 9/11 conspiracy theories about claims that 9/11 was the first time that fire has ever melted steel, or when Nancy Lieder believing she was abducted by aliens. Crazy is crazy. Period.

"Ban all Guns" is not equivalent to "The end of times are here and I will see rise up off the earth and fly to heaven"

"The end of times are here and I will see rise up off the earth and fly to heaven" are about as crazy "The life of a chicken is worth the same as the life of a human."

Also, to be clear.  I never said one party had a monopoly on crazy but one party definitely has a much larger and vocal group of crazies

Or perhaps their particular brand of crazy is personally offensive to you, while other brands of crazy you can take or leave.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2015, 05:57:11 PM »
The point is that there's people think all sorts of really crazy things. How many there are is not relevant - an idea should be judged on its merits, not how many ascribe to it. As for what's crazier, I don't claim any expertise on the subject. As far as I'm concerned, crazy is crazy and I see no real distinction between Bachmann believing the rapture is coming, or when Rosie O'Donnell articulates her 9/11 conspiracy theories about claims that 9/11 was the first time that fire has ever melted steel, or when Nancy Lieder believing she was abducted by aliens. Crazy is crazy. Period.

"The end of times are here and I will see rise up off the earth and fly to heaven" are about as crazy "The life of a chicken is worth the same as the life of a human."

Or perhaps their particular brand of crazy is personally offensive to you, while other brands of crazy you can take or leave.

I'm not following your "life of a chicken" thing

where is that coming from ?

I don't find people who believe in the Rapture to be offensive

I find them to be crazy

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2015, 06:06:23 PM »
You're right, there will always be those fringe people with some crazy ideas about things.

Gotta wonder how 'fringe' she really is.

As I understand it, all Christians believe in the end of days stuff.

And I would speculate that most, if not all, past Presidents and the current one (if he can be believed - not likely given his track record) are Christian.

So which is worse, the Christian who believes in end of days and doesn't talk about it or the one who openly discusses it?

I'm not sure there is much of a difference.

I part ways with fellow atheists as I don't think religious people are stupid.  But it seems any time they can't resolve a logical issue related to their beliefs, they just break down into nonsense.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2015, 09:34:59 PM »
I hadn't considered that many Christians believe in a final judgment day. The following is how Catholics view this.

Our Lord in the Gospel spoke of His second coming. He indicated that various signs would mark the event. Mankind would suffer from famine, pestilence and natural disasters. False prophets who claim to be the Messiah will deceive and mislead people. Nations will wage war against each other. The Church will endure persecution. Worse yet, the faith of many will grow cold and they will abandon the faith, even betraying and hating one another.
http://www.ewtn.com/faith/teachings/judga2.htm

There's much more to their teaching on the final judgment day in the linked article.