Author Topic: Hillary Clinton Can’t Run for President  (Read 4854 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Hillary Clinton Can’t Run for President
« on: April 21, 2015, 10:16:45 PM »
Great article here.  She's running, but laying low?  Or just pacing herself?  Or just planning on coasting into the win by "do no harm" to a seat which is probably already hers?

At her age, health, and wealth... does she even want the job?  Or just doing it out of this feeling of responsibility... history would judge her as the woman who gave Jeb 8 years if she didn't run?

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/04/hillary-clinton-cant-run-for-president-117209.html?cmpid=sf#.VTcuKCHBzRY

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: Hillary Clinton Can’t Run for President
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2015, 11:29:53 PM »
Great article here.  She's running, but laying low?  Or just pacing herself?  Or just planning on coasting into the win by "do no harm" to a seat which is probably already hers?

At her age, health, and wealth... does she even want the job?  Or just doing it out of this feeling of responsibility... history would judge her as the woman who gave Jeb 8 years if she didn't run?

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/04/hillary-clinton-cant-run-for-president-117209.html?cmpid=sf#.VTcuKCHBzRY

I read the link and I think there is a possibility of truth in it, because of some personal experiences I've had.

For more years than I can remember, I have been a political activist and lobbyist for labor issues and school funding. I was asked to go to classes which help folks develop a political campaign and run for office. You learn how to successfully raise funds for a campaign and all the other stuff wannabe politicians need to know before running for office. The union I belong to has a lot of faith in me as someone who could win a seat. For awhile, I was really pumped up about this possibility and then, it hit me. I'm an old dude who is retired and who has a lot of responsibility at home, which for me, takes precedence. I dropped out of Labor Candidate School because this responsibility was ill timed.

While I appreciate the support and encouragement from my peers, I didn't fall prey to their encouragement because it just wasn't right for me. Someone like Hillary must be under a lot of pressure to run for President or she has an ego that surpasses most folks.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2015, 04:22:18 AM »
I read the link and I think there is a possibility of truth in it, because of some personal experiences I've had.

For more years than I can remember, I have been a political activist and lobbyist for labor issues and school funding. I was asked to go to classes which help folks develop a political campaign and run for office. You learn how to successfully raise funds for a campaign and all the other stuff wannabe politicians need to know before running for office. The union I belong to has a lot of faith in me as someone who could win a seat. For awhile, I was really pumped up about this possibility and then, it hit me. I'm an old dude who is retired and who has a lot of responsibility at home, which for me, takes precedence. I dropped out of Labor Candidate School because this responsibility was ill timed.

While I appreciate the support and encouragement from my peers, I didn't fall prey to their encouragement because it just wasn't right for me. Someone like Hillary must be under a lot of pressure to run for President or she has an ego that surpasses most folks.

She just doesn't LOOK like she has that fire.   Granted, 150 million americans will be mad if, by their estimation, her lack of involvement in the 2016 election means Jeb is giftwrapped two terms.   She appears unbeatable and without her, the repubs appear unbeatable in 2016.

We saw Obama, Bush, Bill Clinton, running those "5 stops in one day" campaigns, shaking as many hands as possible.  IMO, Hilary won't run one of those.  She will run a "I put in the minimum # of visits, and refuse all the debates/townhalls I can, I "do no harm" and win by default.

Kinda like how so many repubs have refused to even grant the Dem a debate in 2010, 2012, 2014... They had a ten point lead just befcause of the (R) by their name, and they won by just showing up.  Campaigning only hurt them.   

hilary just looks like an older lady doing her duty, not like the 2008 version that LUSTED for that presidency. 

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2015, 07:53:02 AM »
i just find it funny that ALL of us talk about how we don't like the elite families controlling the government but now we fight over Jeb Bush and Hillary Clinton.  If either of them win that would mean that from 1988 to 2020.  32 years..... we will have had a grand total of 3 families control the White House.

so it appears as though we are all full of shit.

ideology rules.  period.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2015, 08:05:37 AM »
i just find it funny that ALL of us talk about how we don't like the elite families controlling the government but now we fight over Jeb Bush and Hillary Clinton.  If either of them win that would mean that from 1988 to 2020.  32 years..... we will have had a grand total of 3 families control the White House.

ideology rules.  period.

And when Michelle run for Gov of NY or IL, and wins... and suddenly there's an Obama on the ticket as VP in 2024... Does anyone doubt that ticket will win?  (Particularly if the pendulum swings and people are tired of 8 years of Jeb).

Then, after Whoever/Michelle have their term, and Michelle has her own presidency, it may become George P Bush or whoever, jeb's kid... ready to run for prez at that point lol.   And you can't forget Chelsea, millionaire think-tank lawyer probably building her own network to be Gov of NY, knowing full well she will win that job.  Sheeit... Come 2024, would a Chelsea/Michelle Obama ticket be unbeatable, given the national demographics and politicial leanings by that point? 

I could totally see it happening.  People place this confidence and "belief in capability" due to the last name.  

James

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2015, 09:03:58 AM »
And when Michelle run for Gov of NY or IL, and wins... and suddenly there's an Obama on the ticket as VP in 2024... Does anyone doubt that ticket will win?  (Particularly if the pendulum swings and people are tired of 8 years of Jeb).

Then, after Whoever/Michelle have their term, and Michelle has her own presidency, it may become George P Bush or whoever, jeb's kid... ready to run for prez at that point lol.   And you can't forget Chelsea, millionaire think-tank lawyer probably building her own network to be Gov of NY, knowing full well she will win that job.  Sheeit... Come 2024, would a Chelsea/Michelle Obama ticket be unbeatable, given the national demographics and politicial leanings by that point? 

I could totally see it happening.  People place this confidence and "belief in capability" due to the last name.  

She is letting the press campaign for her. Her strategy is to stay out of the way. All she has to do is focus on getting voters to the polls. This actually fits perfectly into my numbers theory. Now that over 50% of the inhabitants of the US (legal and illegal) CAN vote, AND are in some way dependent on the federal government for at least a portion of their livelihood, they just need to get enough people to the poles. HILLARY WILL WIN if conservatives stay home in protest of another RINO candidate. I will be one of those who will not vote for a Jeb Bush or Mit Romney or John McCain or even Rubio (Hate the immigration position). I have changed since the last election. IF not a Reagan like conservative, I am OK with Hillary enslaving more of the population and running this country broke. At some point, I hope, we need to start rebuilding. And it will take something extreme. Either a rock solid, ruthless, Constitutional and Patriotic conservative (Ted Cruz) for President or another revolution.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2015, 10:07:42 AM »
She is letting the press campaign for her. Her strategy is to stay out of the way. All she has to do is focus on getting voters to the polls. This actually fits perfectly into my numbers theory. Now that over 50% of the inhabitants of the US (legal and illegal) CAN vote, AND are in some way dependent on the federal government for at least a portion of their livelihood, they just need to get enough people to the poles. HILLARY WILL WIN if conservatives stay home in protest of another RINO candidate. I will be one of those who will not vote for a Jeb Bush or Mit Romney or John McCain or even Rubio (Hate the immigration position). I have changed since the last election. IF not a Reagan like conservative, I am OK with Hillary enslaving more of the population and running this country broke. At some point, I hope, we need to start rebuilding. And it will take something extreme. Either a rock solid, ruthless, Constitutional and Patriotic conservative (Ted Cruz) for President or another revolution.

Bold yet accurate!

Imagine 8 years of Jeb doing the RINO/liberal thing.  Then backlash leads to 4-8 years of a dem president.  It's another 16 YEARS until a conservative has another chance at getting into office.

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2015, 01:08:28 PM »

yup.  and no one will care that Chelsea is married to a hedge fund manager whose father was a hedge fund manager who was very close to Bill and Hillary and who did time in federal prison for stealing money from less fortunate people than himself.  it all becomes just insignificant details as long as you take a few pictures of yourself at a gay wedding and show sympathy for women who want abortions.

I tell you I do not have the stomach for another election.  I just don't.  people are so full of shit it's just crazy.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2015, 01:59:52 PM »
yup.  and no one will care that Chelsea is married to a hedge fund manager whose father was a hedge fund manager who was very close to Bill and Hillary and who did time in federal prison for stealing money from less fortunate people than himself.  it all becomes just insignificant details as long as you take a few pictures of yourself at a gay wedding and show sympathy for women who want abortions.

I tell you I do not have the stomach for another election.  I just don't.  people are so full of shit it's just crazy.

I get where you are coming from. Some politicians are probably "full of shit" especially when campaigning, which is most of the time. I suspect the voters are stuck because we want someone with experience and on the other hand we want someone fresh and without all the baggage. I'm not sure that's possible. We will keep voting for the best of the worst and hoping for the best. The other option is to not vote at all. I don't believe this is a good option though. Regardless of how messed up our options are voting still gives us some say so.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2015, 03:02:57 PM »
i just find it funny that ALL of us talk about how we don't like the elite families controlling the government but now we fight over Jeb Bush and Hillary Clinton.  If either of them win that would mean that from 1988 to 2020.  32 years..... we will have had a grand total of 3 families control the White House.

ideology rules.  period.

This.

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2015, 03:16:52 PM »
I get where you are coming from. Some politicians are probably "full of shit" especially when campaigning, which is most of the time. I suspect the voters are stuck because we want someone with experience and on the other hand we want someone fresh and without all the baggage. I'm not sure that's possible. We will keep voting for the best of the worst and hoping for the best. The other option is to not vote at all. I don't believe this is a good option though. Regardless of how messed up our options are voting still gives us some say so.

I don't blame the politicians though.  they're campaigning to get the most votes.  their behavior reflects what they know their base wants.  and as far as i can see as long as these politicians toe the line on the major social issues of the day the voters simply don't give a fuck how they behave.

these politicians need to be held to a higher standard by the voters first and foremost.  until that is accomplished none of this shit even matters. 

I've said this before.  If Hillary is elected I don't want to hear about hedge fund managers or Bush's war in Iraq anymore because your vote reflects how you really feel about these subjects and that is you don't give two fucks.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2015, 09:43:16 PM »

these politicians need to be held to a higher standard by the voters first and foremost.  until that is accomplished none of this shit even matters. 

How do you propose to accomplish this? On the one hand you express that it is okay for politicians to lie while campaigning and then, when they get elected, we should hold them to a higher standard. You've elected a liar. Do you expect leopards to change their spots? Once a liar, always a liar.

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2015, 07:44:56 AM »
How do you propose to accomplish this? On the one hand you express that it is okay for politicians to lie while campaigning and then, when they get elected, we should hold them to a higher standard. You've elected a liar. Do you expect leopards to change their spots? Once a liar, always a liar.

never said it was OK for politicians to lie.  I said I don't blame them for thinking its OK to lie and cheat and steal because there's no consequences to them as long as they toe the line on social issues like homos getting cake.  That's the voters fault.  I can name a number of people who post on these boards who know RIGHT NOW that they will vote for the Democratic candidate next election.  They don't even know who the fuck that will be and they have ALREADY decided that they will vote for them.  That's the problem.

the only way to accomplish this is to start telling people who identify as "Republicans" or "Democrats" that they are ruining this country. And I do.  And it is not received nicely trust me.  

Let's put it this way.  If you tune into the presidential debates and you are rooting for one side to win.  you're doing it wrong.  and you're the reason this country's politicians behave the way they do.  95% of the voters next election have already made up their minds on how they will vote.  so why in the fuck would a politician give a fuck about whose palms they grease or what lies they tell?  

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2015, 01:58:35 PM »
never said it was OK for politicians to lie.  I said I don't blame them for thinking its OK to lie and cheat and steal because there's no consequences to them as long as they toe the line on social issues like homos getting cake.  That's the voters fault.  I can name a number of people who post on these boards who know RIGHT NOW that they will vote for the Democratic candidate next election.  They don't even know who the fuck that will be and they have ALREADY decided that they will vote for them.  That's the problem.

the only way to accomplish this is to start telling people who identify as "Republicans" or "Democrats" that they are ruining this country. And I do.  And it is not received nicely trust me.  

Let's put it this way.  If you tune into the presidential debates and you are rooting for one side to win.  you're doing it wrong.  and you're the reason this country's politicians behave the way they do.  95% of the voters next election have already made up their minds on how they will vote.  so why in the fuck would a politician give a fuck about whose palms they grease or what lies they tell?  

You aren't being clear here. You don't blame politicians for thinking it is okay to lie and cheat because there are no consequences. So are you saying it's okay to think about doing it, but it's not okay to actually do it? Trust me, if they think it is okay to lie and cheat, they lie and cheat. This doesn't mean you think it is okay. I get that.

Something needs to change in the Primary. Independent candidates have almost no chance of getting on the the ballot in the general election. While you can vote for whom every you want regardless of party in the primaries, you must vote for "your party" in the general election. So far independent candidates have not done too well.

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2015, 12:28:06 PM »
You aren't being clear here. You don't blame politicians for thinking it is okay to lie and cheat because there are no consequences. So are you saying it's okay to think about doing it, but it's not okay to actually do it? Trust me, if they think it is okay to lie and cheat, they lie and cheat. This doesn't mean you think it is okay. I get that.

Something needs to change in the Primary. Independent candidates have almost no chance of getting on the the ballot in the general election. While you can vote for whom every you want regardless of party in the primaries, you must vote for "your party" in the general election. So far independent candidates have not done too well.

I'm being very clear.  And this quote illustrates exactly why.  

when I say I "don't blame the politicians" for being dishonest, I am not saying they're not at fault.  I am saying that the voters are allowing them to do it.  Why?  Because of what you just said.  At the end of the day, liberals are voting for Democrats.  Conservatives are voting for Republicans.  They're voting for "their party".  it doesn't matter how shitty a person "their party" runs as a candidate people just don't care anymore.  They make excuses.  They equivocate.  They do whatever they have to do to make themselves believe what "their party" wants them to believe.  Obamacare is a perfect example of this.  People have literally lied to me about their health care insurance going up to save face because they're die hard liberals.  No one cares.  It's all about gay marriage and abortion.  No pro life person is going to vote Democrat.  So the Republican candidate will have their support no matter what their record is or no matter who they ass raped 20 years ago.  Those are the cold hard facts that no one wants to say out loud but me.    

This all stems from the fact that politics has become the "new religion".  But that's a whole other thread.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2015, 12:30:48 PM »
I'm being very clear.  And this quote illustrates exactly why.  

when I say I "don't blame the politicians" for being dishonest, I am not saying they're not at fault.  I am saying that the voters are allowing them to do it.  Why?  Because of what you just said.  At the end of the day, liberals are voting for Democrats.  Conservatives are voting for Republicans.  They're voting for "their party".  it doesn't matter how shitty a person "their party" runs as a candidate people just don't care anymore.  They make excuses.  They equivocate.  They do whatever they have to do to make themselves believe what "their party" wants them to believe.  Obamacare is a perfect example of this.  People have literally lied to me about their health care insurance going up to save face because they're die hard liberals.  No one cares.  It's all about gay marriage and abortion.  No pro life person is going to vote Democrat.  So the Republican candidate will have their support no matter what their record is or no matter who they ass raped 20 years ago.  Those are the cold hard facts that no one wants to say out loud but me.    

This all stems the fact that politics has become the "new religion".  But that's a whole other thread.

Did you read the second paragraph?

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2015, 12:34:29 PM »
Did you read the second paragraph?

what can you change in the primary?  the Republicans and Democrats already have that covered.  All they say to the swing voters is that if you vote for the independent you're only hurting the Democrats/Republicans.  As 95% of the voters are slaves to the social issues they will always fold.  always.  because a pro choice person will simply never vote for the pro life leaning candidate.  ever.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2015, 12:44:50 PM »
what can you change in the primary?  the Republicans and Democrats already have that covered.  All they say to the swing voters is that if you vote for the independent you're only hurting the Democrats/Republicans.  As 95% of the voters are slaves to the social issues they will always fold.  always.  because a pro choice person will simply never vote for the pro life leaning candidate.  ever.

Just so you know, I'm a Democrat and I have not decided who I will vote for, for President. I may not like either candidate, when it comes time to vote in the General election. In that case I won't vote for either candidate.

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2015, 01:05:08 PM »
Just so you know, I'm a Democrat and I have not decided who I will vote for, for President. I may not like either candidate, when it comes time to vote in the General election. In that case I won't vote for either candidate.

That's fine and all but you still refer to yourself as "a Democrat".  Don't.  You're a voter.  You vote for the best candidate.  period. 

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2015, 02:39:47 PM »
TED CRUZ: HILLARY CLINTON ‘EMBODIES THE CULTURE OF CORRUPTION IN WASHINGTON’

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX), a 2016 GOP presidential candidate, hammered former Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton, a Democratic presidential candidate, in an exclusive interview with Breitbart News—zeroing in on the new developments of the forthcoming Peter Schweizer “Clinton Cash” book.

“The latest scandal regarding Hillary Clinton is stunning in the breadth of the allegations and at the same time I’m not surprised because it is consistent with a pattern we’ve seen for many decades,” Cruz said.

Hillary Clinton embodies the culture of corruption in Washington, where politicians enrich themselves and expand their own power—Washington only gets more and more powerful—and the lives of hardworking Americans get harder and harder and harder. Of course, Hillary Clinton and the Clinton Foundation should return the money they received from foreign nations particularly when she was Secretary of State.

The idea that the chief diplomatic officer of the United States is open for business and foreign nations, foreign businesses and foreign citizens can write checks for hundreds of thousands or millions of dollars both to her foundation or to her husband for speeches, which goes directly to her personal bank account, reflects a degree of corruption unprecedented in American politics.

Several reports this week have revealed new details about the Clintons’ close proximity to the Uranium One deal—and how Russia has acquired sizable percentages of U.S. uranium mines. It’s all closely connected with Clinton’s Foundation, and her husband’s speaking fees.

“It should not have been done,” Cruz said.

That she thought it was acceptable to effectively be on the payroll of foreign nations while she was ostensibly representing the United States of America reveals just how corrupt the culture in Washington has become. And I’ll make a final point—of course, Senate Democrats are circling the wagons around her. Apparently, in their view, it’s perfectly fine for the Secretary of State to be on direct deposit from major foreign interests.

Every Senate Democrat should be forced to answer the question: Is it okay for the Secretary of State to receive millions of dollars from foreign nations both through a charitable foundation and into her personal bank account through checks written directly to her husband for brief speeches that yielded $500,000 a pop?

Cruz’s interview with Breitbart News comes about a month into his presidential campaign. He was the first candidate to announce his candidacy, and he’s proven to the entire Washington establishment that he’s an absolutely credible candidate for the White House—and can win—no matter what the media says.

“It’s been just over four weeks since we announced our campaign and the response has been overwhelming,” Cruz said.

Heidi and I barnstormed Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina and just about every event has been standing room only. The local press repeatedly reported that the crowds coming out were markedly larger—sometimes even double the size—we’re seeing for other candidates. The passionate enthusiasm we’re seeing in the grassroots is tremendously encouraging. Then on the financial side we had set the goal that in the first week of the campaign we’d raise $1 million, which we thought was a bold and audacious goal.

We ended up blowing past that. Instead of raising $1 million in one week, we raised a million dollars in one day. In 72 hours we’d raised $2 million and by the end of a week we’d raised over $4 million, which consisted of over 51,000 contributions from all 50 states—95 percent of the contributions were of $100 or less and that is the most raised in the opening week of a campaign by any Republican candidate in modern history.

Cruz is in Las Vegas, Nevada, on Friday to speak to the Republican Jewish Coalition (RJC)—which has been dubbed the “Sheldon Adelson primary” by Politico because it’s a chance for GOP hopefuls like Cruz to convince several big donors, including Adelson, that they are the winning candidate for 2016.

“It’s tremendously encouraging and a powerful demonstration that the grassroots and the American people are hungry for a leader who will simply tell them the truth and do what he said he was going to do,” Cruz said.

Today, I’m in Las Vegas for the Republican Jewish Coalition meeting—addressing the group and visiting with a number of the leaders here. We’ll be focused primarily on the need for economic growth and job opportunities, on the need to defend our Constitutional rights and especially on foreign policy challenges facing America today because of the manifest failure of the Obama-Clinton foreign policy. Today, our friends and allies no longer trust us and our enemies do not fear us. All across the country, Americans are ready for that to change. Americans are ready for us to restore American leadership in the world.

Tomorrow, on Saturday, Cruz will be in Iowa for the Iowa Faith and Freedom Summit. Other parts of Cruz’s interview with Breitbart News, which are forthcoming soon, included his thoughts on the GOP establishment cave to confirm Loretta Lynch as Attorney General and the recent New York Times hit piece against him on gay marriage.