Author Topic: Ben Affleck Breaks Silence on PBS Show Controversy, Admits He Was ''Embarrassed'  (Read 7529 times)

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
Flatters your behind? Are you suggesting your behind isn't up to par? Are you also suggesting you'd like Ben to put his sausage in your behind?  ;D

Lets just say he's no Matt Damon.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Apparently, Ben Affleck's ancestors kept slaves and he doesn't like this coming out. Well Ben, welcome to the club. A lot of us can trace our ancestry to slave owners. Personally, I am not embarrassed about the things my ancestor's did. They aren't me. I would never own slaves.

Check it out, http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/entertainment-eonline/20150422/b648860/

Bingo. None of us can help or own what our ancestors did.
My aunt did our family ancestry and like most it's a mixed bag.
On my mom's side we have some link with  Dutch Royalty which is cool.
BUT, within that same family tree are a couple of Irish drunken bums, one died in the infamous Boston paddy wagon LOL.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
Apparently, Ben Affleck's ancestors kept slaves and he doesn't like this coming out. Well Ben, welcome to the club. A lot of us can trace our ancestry to slave owners. Personally, I am not embarrassed about the things my ancestor's did. They aren't me. I would never own slaves.

Check it out, http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/entertainment-eonline/20150422/b648860/

Exactly, why are people apologizing for things generation before generation before generation before generation did?  Got nothing to do with them.

It's like some young, black kid in a snapback cap and jeans belted at his mid thighs holding a $600 Iphone claiming I owe him reparations because my great, great, great, great, great grandparents owned slaves.   What LOL?!!!  Got nothin to do with him or me.

I'm sure Barbara Walters or Larry King will have a special with Ben Affleck now.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
Ben ploughed J Lo. Gotta envy him for that. :P

And many other countless neeguls before him.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
LAME..

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
I know we are not responsible for our ancestors.  But Ben Afflek just rubs me the wrong way, he comes across as a self, righteous, sanctimonious know it all. 
Irony alert  ::) fuck-off E-Kul

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
He should be more embarrassed for making turds like Gigli and Daredevil.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
He should be more embarrassed for making turds like Gigli and Daredevil.

Didn't he redeem himself with Argo?  ;D

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
Didn't he redeem himself with Argo?  ;D
Actually, I'll give him his directing (very good), but his wooden acting makes Charlton Heston look like a master thespian.  ;D

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
And many other countless neeguls before him.

I'm envious of any man who buried his face in her perfect ass.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
Actually, I'll give him his directing (very good), but his wooden acting makes Charlton Heston look like a master thespian.  ;D

Funny you mention Heston did you see him in Hamlet with Kenneth Branagh?  :-X  ;D

Antonio fella

• Getbig III
Actors want to be taken seriously. Seriously? It's one thing to try to use one's celebrity to shine light on a cause; it's another thing to use one's celebrity to pass oneself off as a serious thinker (see, e.g., George Clooney and global affairs: yeaahh, rigghhtt).
     Plato got it right 2500 years ago (see the Ion): actors are mere imitators who lack the ability to think for themselves. Now, with regard to this middle-aged, wig-wearing skinny-fat: Affleck's an insecure, overcompensating, drunken lout who lacks insight into his own limitations. Sutor, ne ultra crepidam, said Pliny the Elder -- something dimwit Affleck does not know. Fuck him.

da faq?

are you english/philosophy major?
!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
ben affleck, talented as a director is fcking annoying to watch. he just got a very punchable face.
and didnt he go from jlo to that horseface woman? how can we respect that move?
i think there's plenty of reasons here to hate on him.

Some people find his wife very attractive. Me for one.

Carlton G. Long

Affleck can't be expected to pay for the sins of his ancestors. A man is judged for his present actions and the treatment of his fellow man.

What I will not forgive Affleck for is that wig he wears. The thing is atrocious and makes my testicles cringe.

"1"

Most people probably wouldn't care one way or the other about his ancestors owning slaves.  His trying to conceal that fact is beyond douchy.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Actors want to be taken seriously. Seriously? It's one thing to try to use one's celebrity to shine light on a cause; it's another thing to use one's celebrity to pass oneself off as a serious thinker (see, e.g., George Clooney and global affairs: yeaahh, rigghhtt).
     Plato got it right 2500 years ago (see the Ion): actors are mere imitators who lack the ability to think for themselves. Now, with regard to this middle-aged, wig-wearing skinny-fat: Affleck's an insecure, overcompensating, drunken lout who lacks insight into his own limitations. Sutor, ne ultra crepidam, said Pliny the Elder -- something dimwit Affleck does not know. Fuck him.

I love when Affleck was trying to debate Sam Harris on Mahers show lol.

Or when that rapper was trying to debate Christopher Hitchens about Islam. lol
X

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
Irony alert  ::) fuck-off E-Kul
Who is this -E-Kul you speak of?  Is he an old foe of yours who has left you butt-hurt and angry and you still seek some form of redress?
V

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
da faq?

are you english/philosophy major?

Kahn, is top 3 smartest  guys on getbig.

Respect.
X

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
Who is this -E-Kul you speak of?  Is he an old foe of yours who has left you butt-hurt and angry and you still seek some form of redress?

He's a mental cripple who never left the house and bitched & moaned about the doggy that attacked him. he had multiple meltdowns and had to step away from GetBig on many occasions only to return under a gimmck  ::)

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
He's a mental cripple who never left the house and bitched & moaned about the doggy that attacked him. he had multiple meltdowns and had to step away from GetBig on many occasions only to return under a gimmck  ::)
Sounds like this E-Kul guy really got the best of you, so much so that you are keeping screen shots of 4 year old posts to remind you of how deeply he hurt your feelings.  Lifes to short to allow others to rent our head space in such a way.  I hope one day your butt hurt subsides and this E-kul no longer owns your mind.  E-kul does make some good points in that post though, good for him.  The pet industry is kind of cruel and exploitative, breeding animals to excess only to destroy the unwanted and then repeating the cycle all over again.  Oh well, each to their own I guess.
V

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
Sounds like this E-Kul guy really got the best of you, so much so that you are keeping screen shots of 4 year old posts to remind you of how deeply he hurt your feelings.  Lifes to short to allow others to rent our head space in such a way.  I hope one day your butt hurt subsides and this E-kul no longer owns your mind.  E-kul does make some good points in that post though, good for him.  The pet industry is kind of cruel and exploitative, breeding animals to excess only to destroy the unwanted and then repeating the cycle all over again.  Oh well, each to their own I guess.

You E-Kul was a joke , the only one he ever got the ' best of ' was himself. Another pumpster

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
E-Kul was a joke , the only one he ever got the ' best of ' was himself. Another pumpster
Well, whoever he was, he sure did get you good. 
V

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
I did some checking and unfortunately none of my ancestors ever owned any slaves.

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
I've owned a few tiny tits on other message boards, but never any actual slaves.

~

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
X