Author Topic: Elizabeth Warren Fires Back at Obama:  (Read 763 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Elizabeth Warren Fires Back at Obama:
« on: April 23, 2015, 09:00:57 AM »
Senator Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) has been one of the loudest opponents to the Obama administration’s proposed Trans-Pacific Partnership trade deal, which earned her a presidential rebuke on Hardball last night. Warren fired back on her website this morning, calling for the White House to release details of the trade deal before Congress grants Obama fast track authority.

“If the American people would be opposed to a trade agreement if they saw it, then that agreement should not become the law of the United States,” she wrote Wednesday.

“If most of the trade deal is good for the American economy, but there’s a provision hidden in the fine print that could help multinational corporations ship American jobs overseas or allow for watering down of environmental or labor rules, fast track would mean that Congress couldn’t write an amendment to fix it,” Warren wrote. “Before we sign on to rush through a deal like that – no amendments, no delays, no ability to block a bad bill – the American people should get to see what’s in it.”

The battle of the trade deal, which is supported by the administration and many Republicans but opposed by labor and environmental groups, threatens to pit flanks of the Democratic Party against each other ahead of election season. Liberals disdain trade deals, arguing they gut the U.S. labor force by sending jobs overseas.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/elizabeth-warren-fires-back-at-obama-if-you-want-a-trade-deal-let-us-see-it/

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
Re: Elizabeth Warren Fires Back at Obama:
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2015, 08:06:37 PM »
A conspiracy minded gent might be inclined to say that this is all an orchestrated kabuki theater to start getting Warren in the spotlight now that Hillary is in the race.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2015, 08:20:08 PM »
Ed Schultz Explodes at Obama: ‘Go Face to Face with Me… I’m Ready!’

After President Barack Obama teased MSNBC for some of its hosts vocal opposition to the Trans-Pacific Partnership, Ed Schultz whipped out his trademark bluster and challenged the president to a “face-to-face” debate on the trade deal.

“If you were watching MSNBC and all of this stuff thinking, ‘Oh, man, I love Obama, but what’s going on here?’” the president said Thursday in Washington, D.C. “So I want to the record straight here. I want everybody to be clear about what we’re doing. Because I believe in what I’m doing here.”

“Well, Mr. president, I want you to know that I believe in what I’m doing,” Schultz replied on his show. “If you can prove to the American people that there will not be a depression of wages, if you can prove to the American people that this will create jobs, if you want to go face to face with me, President Obama, I’m ready to go because I have the facts, okay?”

On-air guest Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) assured his host that the president “is talking about you,” because no television host has discussed the trade agreement as much as Schultz.

Clearly wounded by the subtle jab, however, Schultz continued to push back on the president. Transcript via RealClearPolitics Video, who first spotted the clip (emphasis added):

You know, why would President Obama use the MSNBC call letters? It’s been shown by Media Matters that this show has covered the TPP more than anybody else so I would imagine that he’s talking about The Ed Show but the president has never done a sit-down interview with Ed Schultz. Hey, you know, my life is fine but, you know what, on this deal, the president is wrong and I’m right.
[...] I will put my credibility up against any broadcaster in this country. I supported you big time. I was the first liberal talker to support you. I’ve carried your water big time when it comes to health care, I’ve carried your water on the economy and defending your move on the automobile industry, but Mr. President, you can take shots at this network, but I guarantee you, you are wrong on this and you cannot prove to the American people.
[...] [H]ad you not had the unions, you would never beat John McCain, had you not had the unions, you would have never beat Mitt Romney and now turning your back on these people trying to convince them that they have to do this phony trade deal that’s going to ship jobs overseas. I’d love to talk to you face to face, Mr. President.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2015, 09:18:05 PM »
A conspiracy minded gent might be inclined to say that this is all an orchestrated kabuki theater to start getting Warren in the spotlight now that Hillary is in the race.

;) This lets "the left" shit on obama, while hilary doesn't have to get dirty with it nor remind us all of her association with obama.

Imagine a Hilary/Warren ticket.  The RINO getbiggers that voted Clinton in 92 would love it, the liberals of today would love warren.   Middle + Base.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2015, 08:07:53 AM »
President's Comedic Attempt Bombs; Patriots’ Gronkowski: Maybe Obama Was ‘Wasted’ at WH Ceremony

The New England Patriots — minus quarterback Tom Brady — came to the White House on Thursday where President Barack Obama honored them for their 2015 Super Bowl victory.

During his remarks, he just couldn’t help but make a joke about the team’s DeflateGate scandal. It did not go over well with the players.

Later, when reporters asked the infamous partier if any drinking went down during the ceremony, Gronkowski said, “No. There’s no drinking,” before adding, “Maybe the president was being wasted… from his deflate joke

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2015, 10:49:35 AM »
President's Comedic Attempt Bombs; Patriots’ Gronkowski: Maybe Obama Was ‘Wasted’ at WH Ceremony

The New England Patriots — minus quarterback Tom Brady — came to the White House on Thursday where President Barack Obama honored them for their 2015 Super Bowl victory.

During his remarks, he just couldn’t help but make a joke about the team’s DeflateGate scandal. It did not go over well with the players.

Later, when reporters asked the infamous partier if any drinking went down during the ceremony, Gronkowski said, “No. There’s no drinking,” before adding, “Maybe the president was being wasted… from his deflate joke

He was high on crack no doubt.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2015, 10:57:15 AM »
He was high on crack no doubt.

shrooms and blow and turkish bath houses.

33/33/86 NEVER FORGET!!!!!!!!!!!!!

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2015, 02:44:16 PM »
shrooms and blow and turkish bath houses.

33/33/86 NEVER FORGET!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The legacy lives.