Author Topic: Man of Steel  (Read 5758 times)

The Ugly

• Getbig V
Man of Steel
« on: April 24, 2015, 12:35:40 AM »
Hope all is well.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
Re: Man of Steel
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2015, 05:38:02 PM »
there are many who, through faith in Jesus and prayer to God, heal the sick.
some of those are real Christians who are working for God's glory.
some of them are Christians by name only and working for their own glory.
then there are those who claim to be healers but can't even heal themselves, let alone other people.

infomercial televangelists... some of them are true believers, filled with The Holy Spirit, called by God to broadcast the Word over television.
then there are some who are Christians by name only, and are seeking their own glory.

wealthy pastor's....   same thing. there are some who are real Christians, and others who are Christians in name only. the real Christians work for God's glory, and their wealth is used for the same purpose. the fake Christians work for their own glory, and their wealth is used for the same purpose.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2015, 05:40:01 PM »
there are many who, through faith in Jesus and prayer to God, heal the sick.
some of those are real Christians who are working for God's glory.
some of them are Christians by name only and working for their own glory.
then there are those who claim to be healers but can't even heal themselves, let alone other people.

infomercial televangelists... some of them are true believers, filled with The Holy Spirit, called by God to broadcast the Word over television.
then there are some who are Christians by name only, and are seeking their own glory.

wealthy pastor's....   same thing. there are some who are real Christians, and others who are Christians in name only. the real Christians work for God's glory, and their wealth is used for the same purpose. the fake Christians work for their own glory, and their wealth is used for the same purpose.

Have you given any thought into starting your own ministry or church, tbombz?

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2015, 05:45:31 PM »
no i do not want to start my own church, but i do start my Masters program next month (Masters in Divinity), and i intend to use my education to become a Pastor.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2015, 09:36:12 AM »
Sorry I'm currently very sick and haven't been online much.

I agree with tbombz here.  I believe the Lord calls some folks for very specific forms of ministry.

It comes down to whether or not the endeavor undertaken brings glory to God and aligns with his will or if the "ministry" creates an idol within the "minister" himself.

I find super tv evangelists like Joel Osteen to spread heresy.

It's case by case and the church should hold these folks accountable....most believers sip whatever Koolaid they're given because they don't study the truth of God's word for themselves.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2015, 09:41:00 AM »
no i do not want to start my own church, but i do start my Masters program next month (Masters in Divinity), and i intend to use my education to become a Pastor.

This is awesome!   I'll be praying for you.

I actually thought a lot about pursuing the MDiv myself.

Whether or not I'm called for ministry I couldn't say. ...I don't believe I'm called to pastor.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2015, 07:59:57 PM »
This is awesome!   I'll be praying for you.

I actually thought a lot about pursuing the MDiv myself.

Whether or not I'm called for ministry I couldn't say. ...I don't believe I'm called to pastor.

Thanks Brother  :)

If I know what The Holy Spirit is saying to me, it's that you are called to prayer and evangelism/apologetics.