Author Topic: Secret blood test makes woman a billionaire. Scientists skeptical.  (Read 4191 times)

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.

Theranos, a company founded by Stanford sophomore Elizabeth Holmes in the fall of 2003 (she dropped out a few months later) has generated a lot of buzz for developing a revolutionary approach to the blood test. Theranos' innovation theoretically does clinical lab testing faster, cheaper, and, in some ways, better. Because of that, Theranos could upend the branch of medicine that provides the data used in roughly 70% of medical decisions.

That disruptive potential has already made Theranos famous and Holmes the youngest female billionaire in the US. But the more buzz Theranos gets, the more questions people seem to have.

When Holmes landed on the Forbes billionaire list in 2014, Theranos had raised $400 million, and the company had a valuation of $9 billion. Holmes owns about half of Theranos, with her worth estimated at more than $4.5 billion.

Holmes assembled a board of directors for Theranos that last year was described by Fortune magazine as "what may be, in terms of public service, the most illustrious board in U.S. corporate history." Among those board members are a retired Navy admiral, a retired Marine Corps general, former US Sens. Sam Nunn and Bill Frist, former CDC director William Foege, former Wells Fargo CEO Dick Kovacevich, and two former secretaries of state, George Shultz and Henry Kissinger.

The caliber of the board suggests that Theranos must have developed a transformative innovation, but other than Frist, who has not practiced medicine in many years, only Foege is a medical professional. The technical details about Theranos' seemingly revolutionary tests are hard to come by, and the company is known for its secrecy about its founder's invention.

There's one fundamental question, one that in some ways is unanswerable without revealing information that Theranos wants to keep confidential: How, exactly, does what Holmes invented work?

Entire article can be found here: http://finance.yahoo.com/news/scientists-skeptical-secret-blood-test-100000161.html

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
Re: Secret blood test makes woman a billionaire. Scientists skeptical.
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2015, 12:40:23 PM »
WYHI?

Knooger

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2015, 12:42:02 PM »
Mods, please move OP to the TimeOut board. Thanks.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2015, 12:44:07 PM »
Just looked closer at that picture of her. Bitch looks like a robot. Look how googly her left eye is.

Knooger

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2015, 12:46:03 PM »
Just looked closer at that picture of her. Bitch looks like a robot. Look how googly her left eye is.

Would you threesome with her and Vissy?

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2015, 12:49:17 PM »
Would you threesome with her and Vissy?
Yes, and for music, I will bring Tupac's "All Eyez On Me" cd.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2015, 12:52:30 PM »

he is in full fucking idiot mode again
T

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2015, 12:55:40 PM »

he is in full fucking idiot mode again
You see, Knooger is just joking around (the way it should be)

You, seem to be all butthurt for some reason. How about we agree to disagree then?

It seems that you will never be civil towards me.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2015, 12:58:48 PM »
You see, Knooger is just joking around (the way it should be)

You, seem to be all butthurt for some reason. How about we agree to disagree then?

It seems that you will never be civil towards me.

meltdown to easy  8)
T

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2015, 01:01:16 PM »
meltdown to easy  8)
Dude, that's not trolling. Hate to break it to you  ;)

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2023, 05:41:44 PM »
She was noticed heading the opposite direction of the migrants.

Elizabeth Holmes Attempted to Flee the Country After Fraud Conviction, Prosecutors Claim

The disgraced Theranos founder has been sentenced to 11 years in prison after being convicted of conspiracy and fraud.

Following her guilty verdict last year, Elizabeth Holmes reportedly tried to make a run for it and flee the country to Mexico, prosecutors allege in new court documents.

The founder of failed blood-testing company Theranos was convicted in January 2022 on fraud and conspiracy charges after falsifying blood test results to deceive investors with unfounded claims about her company’s technology.

In November of last year, Holmes was sentenced to over 11 years in prison and is expected to surrender herself in April 2023. She has since appealed her conviction.

But in new court documents, prosecutors claim that Holmes, 38, poses a flight risk as she allegedly made “an attempt to flee the country” last year, multiple outlets report, including PEOPLE.

“The government became aware on January 23, 2022, that Defendant Holmes booked an international flight to Mexico departing on January 26, 2022, without a scheduled return trip,” the filing claims. “Only after the government raised this unauthorized flight with defense counsel was the trip canceled.”

Prosecutors say that Holmes will likely “reply that she did not in fact leave the country as scheduled,” however, “it is difficult to know with certainty” that she wouldn’t have left if the government didn’t step in.

The filing also argues that the incentive to flee for Holmes—who is currently pregnant with her second child—”has never been higher,” and that “she has the means to act on that incentive.”

While awaiting her surrender date, Holmes lives on an estate “with reportedly more than $13,000 in monthly expenses for upkeep,” and “continues to show no remorse for her victims,” prosecutors claim, per ABC News.

The filing also notes, “There are not two systems of justice—one for the wealthy and one for the poor—there is one criminal justice system in this country. And under that system, the time has come for Elizabeth Holmes to answer for her crimes committed nearly a decade ago, as found by a jury made up of a fair cross section of individuals from this community, and to begin serving the term of imprisonment imposed by this Court as sufficient but not greater than necessary to account for those crimes.”

https://compliancex.com/elizabeth-holmes-attempted-to-flee-the-country-after-fraud-conviction-prosecutors-claim/?utm_source=substack&utm_medium=email

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2023, 06:51:33 PM »

You the one talking about looks? Your ancestors were inbreeding  :D

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2023, 07:20:57 PM »
She was noticed heading the opposite direction of the migrants.

Elizabeth Holmes Attempted to Flee the Country After Fraud Conviction, Prosecutors Claim

The disgraced Theranos founder has been sentenced to 11 years in prison after being convicted of conspiracy and fraud.

Following her guilty verdict last year, Elizabeth Holmes reportedly tried to make a run for it and flee the country to Mexico, prosecutors allege in new court documents.

The founder of failed blood-testing company Theranos was convicted in January 2022 on fraud and conspiracy charges after falsifying blood test results to deceive investors with unfounded claims about her company’s technology.

In November of last year, Holmes was sentenced to over 11 years in prison and is expected to surrender herself in April 2023. She has since appealed her conviction.

But in new court documents, prosecutors claim that Holmes, 38, poses a flight risk as she allegedly made “an attempt to flee the country” last year, multiple outlets report, including PEOPLE.

“The government became aware on January 23, 2022, that Defendant Holmes booked an international flight to Mexico departing on January 26, 2022, without a scheduled return trip,” the filing claims. “Only after the government raised this unauthorized flight with defense counsel was the trip canceled.”

Prosecutors say that Holmes will likely “reply that she did not in fact leave the country as scheduled,” however, “it is difficult to know with certainty” that she wouldn’t have left if the government didn’t step in.

The filing also argues that the incentive to flee for Holmes—who is currently pregnant with her second child—”has never been higher,” and that “she has the means to act on that incentive.”

While awaiting her surrender date, Holmes lives on an estate “with reportedly more than $13,000 in monthly expenses for upkeep,” and “continues to show no remorse for her victims,” prosecutors claim, per ABC News.

The filing also notes, “There are not two systems of justice—one for the wealthy and one for the poor—there is one criminal justice system in this country. And under that system, the time has come for Elizabeth Holmes to answer for her crimes committed nearly a decade ago, as found by a jury made up of a fair cross section of individuals from this community, and to begin serving the term of imprisonment imposed by this Court as sufficient but not greater than necessary to account for those crimes.”

https://compliancex.com/elizabeth-holmes-attempted-to-flee-the-country-after-fraud-conviction-prosecutors-claim/?utm_source=substack&utm_medium=email

Should have gone brownface.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2023, 07:50:01 PM »
I have read extensively about Elizabeth Holmes and seen the documentary 'The Inventor: Out for Blood in Silicon Valley'. My conclusion is she is one of the strangest people around. When she was sentenced, she appeared to be pregnant in photos taken by the media. When I saw them, I immediately figured she either intentionally got pregnant to gain sympathy from the court or she was faking being pregnant.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2023, 08:01:09 PM »
I have read extensively about Elizabeth Holmes and seen the documentary 'The Inventor: Out for Blood in Silicon Valley'. My conclusion is she is one of the strangest people around. When she was sentenced, she appeared to be pregnant in photos taken by the media. When I saw them, I immediately figured she either intentionally got pregnant to gain sympathy from the court or she was faking being pregnant.

...of course you were interested. She's a psychopath ...would have made a great politician.

Remember when Hillary "fell down" right before and wore thick glasses to court and couldn't recall anything?

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2023, 12:41:10 AM »
WYHI?
Yes, but wouldn't let her talk. That deep voice would make me feel gay.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2023, 02:54:23 AM »

Is this what americans call the 1000 cocks stare?

BBSSchlemiel

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2023, 03:29:32 AM »

Did you ever notice how strange most billionaires look? Look at Musk, Bezos, Zuckerberg, Jobbs, and the like.

BBSSchlemiel

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2023, 03:34:33 AM »
Look at the physiognomies of these bastards.

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2023, 04:27:51 AM »

They don't confiscate her money after the conviction?

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2023, 07:36:31 AM »

She should have gone to Bali with Russell Simmons

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2023, 12:40:02 PM »

...of course you were interested. She's a psychopath ...would have made a great politician.

Remember when Hillary "fell down" right before and wore thick glasses to court and couldn't recall anything?

Based on what is presently going on with psychopath Santos and his pathological lying, Holmes would fit right in. No doubt a few of the politicians whose campaigns our organization contributes to and who we lobby might be borderline psychopaths and psychopathic liars, but most are not.

I do not remember Hilary's fall or thick glasses routine. But then, I am not obsessed with her like some of you seem to be. Going on about Hilary and her supposed actions from quite a while back is merely a diversion from more current issues. Some folks will still be trashing Hilary decades from now, after she's long gone, and you will soon be too.

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
  • Libturdz Love The Caulk

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2023, 01:35:59 PM »
Did you ever notice how strange most billionaires look? Look at Musk, Bezos, Zuckerberg, Jobbs, and the like.

Look no further than getbiggers, filled with billionaires and lowly millionaires