Author Topic: Wellbutrin SR side effects  (Read 4002 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Wellbutrin SR side effects
« on: April 25, 2015, 01:26:57 PM »
My doctor recently prescribed Wellbutrin SR for depression. The first week I took 150 mg once a day. Then I was to up the dose to two a day. I was doing fine on one dose. Now that I've taken the two a day dosage for almost a week, I'm feeling a lot anxiety. I am shaky and sweaty. I've lost about 4 lbs. in the past week. In general I just feel out of it.

The research I've done on the internet indicates these symptoms will go away after about a month. Not sure I can handle feeling like I do for another two weeks. Anyone have experience with Wellbutrin XL.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
Re: Wellbutrin SR side effects
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2015, 01:47:39 PM »
My doctor recently prescribed Wellbutrin SR for depression. The first week I took 150 mg once a day. Then I was to up the dose to two a day. I was doing fine on one dose. Now that I've taken the two a day dosage for almost a week, I'm feeling a lot anxiety. I am shaky and sweaty. I've lost about 4 lbs. in the past week. In general I just feel out of it.

The research I've done on the internet indicates these symptoms will go away after about a month. Not sure I can handle feeling like I do for another two weeks. Anyone have experience with Wellbutrin XL.
donīt know about the tablets but i think you should try to find another medicine. some have less side effects. Friend was on tabs for Panic attacks... made him really paranoid, changed the Medicine to another and was ok.

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
  • Using Surveillance for Political Subversion(?)
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2015, 01:53:20 PM »
donīt know about the tablets but i think you should try to find another medicine. some have less side effects. Friend was on tabs for Panic attacks... made him really paranoid, changed the Medicine to another and was ok.

Good advice.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2015, 05:10:00 PM »

I'm probably going to ride this out for a month to see if the side effects subside. I took Wellbutrin many years ago. I don't remember having any problems with it. One article I read said the folks over 60 should take a
Lower dosage. The prescription I have is 150 mg per tablet. The highest dose anyone should take is 450 mg per day. I'm currently taking 300 mg.

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2015, 02:35:46 PM »
that's also the stuff they prescribe for not smoking, same exact med but it's marketed as Zyban
X

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2015, 03:01:34 PM »
I was too quick to jump the gun on Welbutrin. After a day or two the anxiety completely stopped without changing the dose. Now taking Welbutrin is fine with no noticeable side effects. Sometimes it is good to give your system time to adjust to a new medication, I guess.

Hulk-smash!

• Getbig IV
  • All the muscle in the world!
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2015, 09:31:13 PM »
For what its worth I take 100mg Zoloft ed.  If I had been taking this wonderful medication 25 yrs ago I would be sooo much better off.  I'll gladly be taking this med for the rest of my life.
I

IrishMuscle84

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2015, 08:23:51 PM »
PROZAC INVEGA and LAMICTAL FOR ME.

BEASTZ6

• Getbig I
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2015, 10:25:07 PM »
I have been taking Effexor for 20 years after I was diagnosed with anxiety disorder. I have been taking the same dose 150 mg/day, and it has worked wonders for me.