Author Topic: Cutting to preserve muscle without going to the gym  (Read 2813 times)

equipoise

• Getbig III
Cutting to preserve muscle without going to the gym
« on: April 26, 2015, 03:09:46 PM »
These next few weeks are going to be pretty crazy for me, I won't have time to eat much, train, or sleep. Good thing is that I've gained about 20 pounds on my last bulk cycle, and I was planning on cutting for summer anyway. My question is, can I take muscle-preserver AAS like var, tren, primo to preserve my muscle without going to the gym? I will be extremely calorically restricted, and I'm hoping that I can make use of this period to lose fat without losing muscle.

I've never done this before, I've always lifted during bulking, dieting, or whatever, but I was wondering if it's possible: to let the AAS preserve my muscle mass while I let the caloric restriction strip away the fat? I might be able to hit the gym like once a week or so, but definitely not on an ideal schedule. It will be like this for about 3 weeks.

aintitgrand

• Getbig II
  • I don't blast and cruise. I blast then up the dose
Re: Cutting to preserve muscle without going to the gym
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2015, 05:52:15 PM »
Definitely possible, but if its 3 weeks why not just run test and do some chinups, pushups, crunches, etc... that way you're still getting some kind of physical activity in. I'd save the goodies once you're back in the weightroom.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2015, 08:00:43 PM »
Definitely possible, but if its 3 weeks why not just run test and do some chinups, pushups, crunches, etc... that way you're still getting some kind of physical activity in. I'd save the goodies once you're back in the weightroom.
I disagree

Not possible from what I have seen, caloric restriction and no gym (training) = lose muscle ......unless you increase your mg considerably to make up the difference which would still only help marginally

However in 3 weeks you will not lose much though.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2015, 02:32:16 PM »
Always find time for pushups,crunches... Buy some bands and throw arms, shoulders and back into that too...

equipoise

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2015, 04:30:34 PM »
I decided to just say fuck it, I don't care if I lose muscle, won't be too much in 3 weeks anyway. After this period I will run tren anyway, so I'll just make use of muscle memory and use that to recomp.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2015, 07:01:56 PM »
I decided to just say fuck it, I don't care if I lose muscle, won't be too much in 3 weeks anyway. After this period I will run tren anyway, so I'll just make use of muscle memory and use that to recomp.

U gonna lose a good 20lbs. No way around it.
?

pestosterone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2015, 07:13:53 PM »
I would fucking die if I don't go to gym for 3 weeks

kevthekid

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2015, 07:57:46 PM »
I get super anxious if I don't go to the gym for more than one day in a row I can't deal with sitting at home not lifting

pestosterone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2015, 01:06:47 AM »
Mayb u could do p 90 x for 3 weeks

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2015, 06:25:18 AM »
3 Weeks isn't long enough to really impact you.

I take 2-3 weeks off a few times every year and i always come back better.  As long as you stay on cycle you aren't going to lose anything.

8)

equipoise

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2015, 03:30:33 PM »

I take 2-3 weeks off a few times every year and i always come back better.  As long as you stay on cycle you aren't going to lose anything.

8)

Do you think I should stay on? I'm still pinning but there's a part of me that feels it's rather pointless if i'm not going to the gym at all

heenok

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2015, 02:42:20 AM »
Heavy resistance trainning is the best anti catabolic i know. Better than any chemicals.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2015, 11:17:39 AM »
Do you think I should stay on? I'm still pinning but there's a part of me that feels it's rather pointless if i'm not going to the gym at all

I would.

Those 3 weeks won't be pointless.  It will give your body an extended period to recover.

Now if you are coming off in a few weeks anyway then sure.

8)

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2015, 11:29:10 AM »

8)

I keep reading how you guys keep your size, shit man... I lose at least 7lbs one week off, even if on gear!
?

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2015, 12:42:17 PM »
I keep reading how you guys keep your size, shit man... I lose at least 7lbs one week off, even if on gear!
its just glycogen...comes back within a week...
sometimes a bit of rest can do your body good. 1 week is by far enough for me though ;)

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2015, 01:35:31 PM »

I lose a few pounds but it's only temporary.  Every time i come back from a break i'm stronger and my workouts are better.  In 3 weeks i might lose 4-5 pounds.

8)

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2015, 02:36:11 PM »
its just glycogen...comes back within a week...
sometimes a bit of rest can do your body good. 1 week is by far enough for me though ;)

pretty much. 2 weeks off for me though means 2 weeks to get it back and so on... I'm all about rest weeks, never shy'd from them. By week 3 after a week off, I'M back full throttle.

Going to heavy on week 1 will cause soreness not recovered by the time comes on week 2, so by week 3, I'm regressing if i don't ease into it.

Easy to train hard, but hard to train smart...
?

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2015, 11:59:31 PM »
i guess thats very individual... for me workout intensity is completely calorie and AAS dependant...
when i start blasting i always up my volume by about 30% or so and intensity goes up a whole lot... as do AAS and calories...
the first couple weeks i actually feel like i could train for hours every single day

whitewidow

« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2015, 12:52:30 AM »
sounds stupid to me always get the best out of your gear! You should hit the gym and do light volume plus AM fasted cardio.jsut my-IMO