Author Topic: Chipotle to Stop Serving Genetically Altered Food  (Read 2754 times)

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
Chipotle to Stop Serving Genetically Altered Food
« on: April 27, 2015, 05:07:02 PM »
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/27/business/chipotle-to-stop-serving-genetically-altered-food.html?_r=0

“This is another step toward the visions we have of changing the way people think about and eat fast food,” said Steve Ells, founder and co-chief executive of Chipotle. “Just because food is served fast doesn’t mean it has to be made with cheap raw ingredients, highly processed with preservatives and fillers and stabilizers and artificial colors and flavors.”

Eliminating genetically engineered ingredients is easier for Chipotle, where the entire menu uses just 68 ingredients, including salt and pepper, while one of its competitors uses 81 just to make a burrito. “The vast majority of our ingredients don’t come in a G.M.O. variety, and we use lots of whole, unprocessed foods, so it was easier for us to do,” Mr. Ells said.

:

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: Chipotle to Stop Serving Genetically Altered Food
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2015, 05:57:49 PM »
I applaud Chipotle for this move, and as more people increasingly care about the GMO matter, this will certainly give the company an edge that will hopefully entice others to follow suit.

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2015, 05:17:19 AM »
Good, my family loves that place. I've never been, but they brought me home a burrito recently, it was good, but a ton of sodium I think, after I ate it, I blew up like a balloon.
But a fast food place that serves tequila is OK in m y book...

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2015, 12:26:17 PM »
Good.  Very good.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2015, 12:38:55 PM »
IT's not hard to do if your customers are ok paying for it.  Not like Chipotle is doing this out of the kindness of their hearts.  Instead of charging $7 for a burrito they'll charge your $8-9.  As long as people pay, they'll server them what they want.  Problem with a McDonalds is if they start charging $5 for a $3 burger they'll alienate 50% of their customer base