Author Topic: Is there any synthol here? 1998 ASC  (Read 11146 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Re: Is there any synthol here? 1998 ASC
« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2015, 02:09:11 PM »
Chris Clark started selling the stuff commercially in 1996, doesn't mean it wasn't experimented with by some bodybuilders before that. Shawn most likely did not know what Flex had done at first, he might have suspected implants. Esiclene wasn't commonly used year round, it was a temporary inflammatory compound used just before stage. Are you saying that pic of Flex is post 1996, because Flex definitely has something in his calves there and it isn't Esiclene. Those pics of Manfred are from 94 at the latest, 2 years before SEO was "invented" according to you.

Some freak on here might know when those pics were taken. :D
I threw out all my old mags like 15 years ago so can't check.
We've discussed this before. And Chris Clark is on record during a Palumbo interview talking bout how he came up with it in 1996.

That pic of Flex is from about 95-96...since Flex broke his neck in 94, he was not competing and was in the hospital. So, looking at a time line of 95-96. After all, I think I am the one who brought people's attention to Flex's calves in that pic. Well, before bbing.com had that pic.
That "Halle Berry" haircut that Lenda has as well dates the pic to that time period. And Demayo competed in the 95 Mr. O. 95 was the first and only year he competed I believe. So, the time line fits. You have 3 pros wearing NPC gear, as this photo shoot was a NPC photo shoot---Flex, Lenda, and Demayo.

There have been multiple stories, from Flex and others that Flex and Levrone were the two main Esiclene users, and that they had literally depleted the supply of it.

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2015, 02:14:24 PM »
Well, one conclusion from this thread: back in the day Denise Rutkovski was HOT.... :P

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2015, 02:33:45 PM »

There have been multiple stories, from Flex and others that Flex and Levrone were the two main Esiclene users, and that they had literally depleted the supply of it.

Everyone used Esiclene, Dorian, everybody. It wasn't used like oil and didn't give the same effects. Esiclene was like a bee sting. Often new drugs/products are experimented with for a while before it becomes common practise. So let's say that pic is from 95, that's still before Synthol was "invented". IIRC Shawn saw Flex in the off-season and said Flex suddenly had calves. I think it's possible Shawn didn't know what it was exactly at first. Then again, a pro told me he heard Flex shot silicone in his calves.

But whatever, I wasn't there to see what Flex did.

This is Esiclene shot into the calves

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2015, 03:33:20 PM »
Everyone used Esiclene, Dorian, everybody. It wasn't used like oil and didn't give the same effects. Esiclene was like a bee sting. Often new drugs/products are experimented with for a while before it becomes common practise. So let's say that pic is from 95, that's still before Synthol was "invented". IIRC Shawn saw Flex in the off-season and said Flex suddenly had calves. I think it's possible Shawn didn't know what it was exactly at first. Then again, a pro told me he heard Flex shot silicone in his calves.

Shawn demanded that Flex's calves undergo testing

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #54 on: May 03, 2015, 03:46:15 PM »

When Shawn used to post on here, he said that he used that as a ruse to get into Flex's head. Remember how these guys used to smack talk in the mags and in their vids? There was no internet back then, and they didn't play "pretend nice guy" like the pros now.

At the 97 O, the one that Flex didn't compete in, he apparently had documentation to show that he didn't have implants, he had them "tested". How authentic the documentation was, is anybody's guess. Because I think the "car jacking" report was falsified as well.
Either way, it's hard to take implants in and out, and that would leave scarring. I do believe that in later years he did used synthol in his calves, just like in his shoulders.

old-school-lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2015, 04:23:05 PM »
Don't lol at me buddy  :D

He started putting it in his claves in '93. "Chris Clark" was playing with the formula for years before that and he was buddies with Flex. Also remember Hoeberl, what do you think was in his arms and what years was he on top in WSM? ::) :D

I don't give a shit if they used Esiclene as well. Both products were used. When do YOU think Synthol was first used Mr Expert?

Here is a question for you Parker. It was 1993 when Shawn Ray accused Flex of having calf implants. Do you think he had implants then? Did he then take them out and start with oil instead, since they were obviously injected heavily later on in his career with very lumpy appearance?
He did something to his calves in 93 and it wasn't Esiclene.

This is oil circa 1993

90's BB fashion- awesome  ;D

old-school-lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2015, 04:24:41 PM »
Flex & Nasser eventually used it.... but do you think they were using oil @ 1998 Arnold?

royalty
where are these pics from?

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #57 on: May 03, 2015, 04:31:20 PM »

Maybe some guys really didn't use it. When you shoot all of your oil-based roids in the same muscle-groups over and over again you get the same effect as with Synthol. Arnold was pre Synthol AND Esiclene and his bis looked heavily syntholized. That's just because Arnold shot all of his oil-based stuff (countless CCs) in his biceps. This will result in an oil depot as well, Synthol is like oil-based roids without the active substance.

Flex was known for injecting most of his stuff in his calves.