Author Topic: Ted Cruz: ‘I Don’t Think I’ve Ever Seen A Hispanic Panhandler’  (Read 1130 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Whether you agree/disagree with him... He's going to dominate the base with statments like this

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) has never seen a “Hispanic panhandler” in Texas because Hispanics would find it “shameful to be begging on the streets,” he said during a “Q &A Session” with U.S. Hispanic Chamber of Commerce CEO and President Javier Palomarez. Responding to a question about how to inform, mobilize, and attract Hispanic voters in 2016, the Republican presidential hopeful reasoned that the Hispanic community is a “fundamentally conservative one” because they “work their fingers to the bones.”
In my view, the Hispanic community is a fundamentally conservative one. If you look at the values that resonate in our community: they are faith, family, patriotism, hard work.
Some years ago, I was having lunch with a Hispanic entrepreneur in Austin. He asked me a question. He said, “When was the last time you saw a Hispanic panhandler?” And that’s a great question. You and I grew up in Texas. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a Hispanic panhandler. And the reason is in our community it would be shameful to be begging on the streets.
Now if you want people to work their fingers to the bones — hard work — you’ll have Hispanic men and women lining up to work hard and provide for their families. Those are all conservative values. And I think the most potent ethos in the Hispanic community is what we believe in. It’s the shared value in our community.
[…] How do you connect with the Hispanic community? Some of it is that you go and connect with shared values, asking for their support. In Texas in 2012, I received 40 percent of the Hispanic vote at the exact same time that Mitt Romney was getting clobbered with 27 percent of the Hispanic vote nationwide.

http://thinkprogress.org/immigration/2015/04/29/3652943/ted-cruz-panhandler/

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
He needs to get out more. Come to Oregon, they're all over the place.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
He needs to get out more. Come to Oregon, they're all over the place.

Or New York. Never bothered to profile panhandlers by race before, but have seen 2 hispanic panhandlers in the last two days.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V

Or New York. Never bothered to profile panhandlers by race before, but have seen 2 hispanic panhandlers in the last two days.

Just so someone doesn't interpret my comments to mean lots of Latinos panhandle in Portland, what I've also noticed is that a lot of them work and work hard. We're in the process of a major remodel to our house. Many of the subs have been Latino. They do excellent work. The painter and his sister were fantastic. They two guys that worked on the roof in the rain for three days were tireless and they did a really good job.

There is always another side to the coin.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
He is likely lying. Austin is the capital of Texas and I can't believe he hasn't seen a hispanic panhandler. I could show him 20 within 7 blocks of the capitol. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
he wants to win the election.  this is what he has to say.  hispanic base wins nomination and wins elections.

it's smart politics.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
It is interesting since Ted Cruz is at least part "Hispanic" that he is not up to date of the politically correct term which is Latino.

Nowadays, Latino has become the most politically correct term. To some, Hispanic has negative connotations, including gang participation, unemployment, and low degrees of education, according to Lily Benjamin, VP of Organization Development and Diversity at Broadridge Financial.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
Republican idiocy is so amazing.....I can't wait for the debates to begin..the gaffes will be absolutely amazing!!!!!!!!!