Author Topic: So, gym style is basically where it was at it's 80s worst...  (Read 9323 times)

f450

• Getbig IV
Re: So, gym style is basically where it was at it's 80s worst...
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2015, 04:50:34 PM »
The neon thing doesn't bother me.   What I do find hilarious is dudes who wear thermals/tights under shorts.  Still cracks me up when I see it at the gym.

you do know about compression gear and its effects on improved recovery right? Granted most guys in the gym are just following a fad but compression gear helps a lot with recovery and performance. There is science behind this fad.

most guys dont train nearly hard enough to need them so theres that.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2015, 05:06:06 PM »
Go into any sporting good store and go to the sneaker section. All the sneakers look like this--all neon and bright colored(below). Any and every Tom, Dick, and Harry think they are some elite sport star and wants to buy these ugly ass looking sneakers. We live in a weird times where fitness has turned into a fashion trend, and everyone thinking they are "HARDCORE" because they wear these clothes. Look at all of the underarmor bullshit that people wear. Such stupid shit. People go on twitter and instragram and post pictures of themselves working out in these fashionable clothes, thinking they are going to be the next "BIG THING."  ::) ::)

This is what I wear when I go to the gym:

Black sweatpants

T-shirt

I've been saying this all along. Today it's a fashion trend, guys care more about how their hair looks, if their shoes match their out fits, beats from dre, just to go to the gym! Not to mention countless selfies wearing all this gay shit

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2015, 05:07:34 PM »
dont you morons ever get tired of hating on people...I mean who cares what another man wears its just odd...

It's in our nature and this is getbig, this is what we do

Now piss off "peasant"

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2015, 05:08:18 PM »
I've been saying this all along. Today it's a fashion trend, guys care more about how their hair looks, if their shoes match their out fits, beats from dre, just to go to the gym! Not to mention countless selfies wearing all this gay shit

Ive seen countless people with beats by Dre headphones. So freaking annoying. Why needs to wear gigantic headphones to work out? Dumbest thing ever.
X

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2015, 05:11:38 PM »
Ive seen countless people with beats by Dre headphones. So freaking annoying. Why needs to wear gigantic headphones to work out? Dumbest thing ever.

Like u said going to the gym is more about having the latest fashion trend then the actual work outs

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2015, 05:52:09 PM »
Haven't been on in a while but my gym style is... retro to say the least. I dgaf, I wear same clothes everyday, eat same food, I'm a boring cunt now.

Oh, and...

My gym "style"   same clothes everyday

House clothes

Real fucking playboy right here fellows. Been busy working so hi and fuck you all if you still remember me.

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2015, 05:55:21 PM »

I joined a new gym last week and thats all I see! ::)

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2015, 05:59:55 PM »

Ear cup headphones look retarded (and are a product of whole Animal advertising campaign in gyms...) but I recently started using earphones (normal ones that go IN ears) to avoid being interrupted by people I don't want to talk to.

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2015, 06:17:05 PM »
Ear cup headphones look retarded (and are a product of whole Animal advertising campaign in gyms...) but I recently started using earphones (normal ones that go IN ears) to avoid being interrupted by people I don't want to talk to.

I use ear buds too and always have.

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2015, 06:25:51 PM »
I use ear buds too and always have.

I tolerated gym music until they used some shitty US internet radio station called DI. Tolerate is the kindest word I can use. I like to chat in the odd rest interval I take but when I have to listen to shitty ads AND shitty music, fuck it.

I prefer to keep my music for drop sets etc but if Nicki Minaj or some shit comes on...

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2015, 06:41:42 PM »
I tolerated gym music until they used some shitty US internet radio station called DI. Tolerate is the kindest word I can use. I like to chat in the odd rest interval I take but when I have to listen to shitty ads AND shitty music, fuck it.

I prefer to keep my music for drop sets etc but if Nicki Minaj or some shit comes on...

I try to mix it up with gyms but they seem to play the same net music.

Nothing remotely motivational.

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2015, 06:50:05 PM »
I try to mix it up with gyms but they seem to play the same net music.

Nothing remotely motivational.

I dgaf about the music... just shitty music annoys me. They stopped playing RNB after I filled suggestions box for a few weeks.  If I want motivation I look inside... or put on my own tunes. Metal (Pantera living through me, gorefest seeds of hate) to house music (fire & ice neverending melody).... whatever floats my boat at the time.

Seeing some dick head with a beard snatch grip 40kg and then deadlift it usually riles me up enough.

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2015, 06:54:42 PM »
Mega size Obstacles gyms will be big winners  8)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2015, 07:52:44 PM »

My old gym, before it was purchased by new owners, had a basement that had old school equipment, etc (the upstairs was more fancy). No music, no heat, or AC. Just a gigantic fan. I actually preferred to train to no music.

It looked like this

X

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2015, 10:19:57 PM »
I care less about the fashion and more about the sweaty douches wearing tank tops. That shit all over the benches is nasty.
A

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2015, 10:22:13 PM »
I care less about the fashion and more about the sweaty douches wearing tank tops. That shit all over the benches is nasty.

Big time. The preacher curl is often really gross. I always place a towel. Hard for gyms to patrol that shit.
?

Automation

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2015, 11:01:20 PM »
The neon thing doesn't bother me.   What I do find hilarious is dudes who wear thermals/tights under shorts.  Still cracks me up when I see it at the gym.

Not clothes related, but something which I always find hilarious: chubby women who power walk with a bottle of water. I mean, in the olympics, people run around the track for 10k and don't need to take a sip of water, so why the fuck would you need to if you are going for a brisk 3k walk?

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
  • King of Cybex Glute Machine
« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2015, 11:58:26 PM »
i think being fashionable is one of the better reasons to go to the gym, working out should be secondary. yeah i hear you, a lot of you dont care about it, but then you dont understand the beauty of fashion do you? so some people will never understand i guess. sigh.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2015, 12:00:23 AM »
i think being fashionable is one of the better reasons to go to the gym, working out should be secondary. yeah i hear you, a lot of you dont care about it, but then you dont understand the beauty of fashion do you? so some people will never understand i guess. sigh.

LOL!!!
?

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2015, 12:13:17 AM »

The hat and gold shorts looks boss, getbiggers take note

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2015, 12:22:01 AM »
Neon shoes and stylish queer power - High performance Sword Crossing imminent.  :o

latiuss

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2015, 06:18:23 AM »
Trust me my new gym garms are fire gyms gone burn down when i setup in there and start flexin

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2015, 04:30:05 PM »
Phil in his compression pants.

plastic

• Getbig II
« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2015, 05:50:09 PM »
Anyone remember the mc hammer type pants all flouro patterns etc. Now they were all the rage!  Anyone else got pics to post if you can find any.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2015, 05:52:11 PM »
Anyone remember the mc hammer type pants all flouro patterns etc. Now they were all the rage!  Anyone else got pics to post if you can find any.

Those are exactly what this faggotry reminds me of. But gayer. Way to go generation fail...
?