Author Topic: So, gym style is basically where it was at it's 80s worst...  (Read 9314 times)

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
I remember seeing some LMFAO video a few years with some neon, tights-wearing beach guys and thinking "Did people ever REALLY consider that stylish?" At the time it seemed hard to believe that so many people could've bought into it.

Fast forward circa now. Half of the guys in my gym are wearing yoga-pants and cut-off muscle tanks. Everyone is wearing neon. I haven't given into the yoga pants, but I did trade in my regular fitting track pants for the kind that are tighter in the calf.

So weird how this creeped up.  :-\ It seems like just yesterday all this shit looked ugly and most people at the gym basically wore normal clothes.

ritch

• Getbig V
Re: So, gym style is basically where it was at it's 80s worst...
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2015, 08:55:52 AM »
TRUST Me, I notice and find the way guys dress today such a joke. It's like the 80's but gayer and douchier.

Shame on you kids...
?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2015, 09:03:33 AM »
Go into any sporting good store and go to the sneaker section. All the sneakers look like this--all neon and bright colored(below). Any and every Tom, Dick, and Harry think they are some elite sport star and wants to buy these ugly ass looking sneakers. We live in a weird times where fitness has turned into a fashion trend, and everyone thinking they are "HARDCORE" because they wear these clothes. Look at all of the underarmor bullshit that people wear. Such stupid shit. People go on twitter and instragram and post pictures of themselves working out in these fashionable clothes, thinking they are going to be the next "BIG THING."  ::) ::)

This is what I wear when I go to the gym:

Black sweatpants

T-shirt

X

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
  • King of Cybex Glute Machine
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2015, 09:06:40 AM »
well i happens to think its great!  >:(

pissant

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2015, 09:07:03 AM »
dont you morons ever get tired of hating on people...I mean who cares what another man wears its just odd...

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2015, 09:08:50 AM »
That is the correct answer SF1900!!!

Go to any store to buy joggin' pants now and they all have f'in elastics on the bottom. Why would i wanna dress the way my mom mad me dress when I was 5???

But I buy my shoes online now. Fuck foot locker and the snot ass shits who work there. I may go to try a shoe size to make sure I got the right one before ordering online.

So for that, thanks for existing guys....
?

latiuss

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2015, 09:09:00 AM »
Im a posercunt so like to wear nice attire when in the gym. that is the way of the flexincunt .

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2015, 09:14:29 AM »
That is the correct answer SF1900!!!

Go to any store to buy joggin' pants now and they all have f'in elastics on the bottom. Why would i wanna dress the way my mom mad me dress when I was 5???

But I buy my shoes online now. Fuck foot locker and the snot ass shits who work there. I may go to try a shoe size to make sure I got the right one before ordering online.

So for that, thanks for existing guys....

I can't buy shoes from online because I have feet problems, and no size is an exact fit. It greatly varies for me. Its almost impossible to find a normal looking pair of sneakers.
X

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2015, 09:15:31 AM »
We live in a weird times where fitness has turned into a fashion trend, and everyone thinking they are "HARDCORE" because they wear these clothes. Look at all of the underarmor bullshit that people wear. Such stupid shit. People go on twitter and instragram and post pictures of themselves working out in these fashionable clothes, thinking they are going to be the next "BIG THING."  ::) ::)

The thing that is curious to me is not so much that people want to have the biggest, bestest, "pro" version. That's just the society we live in. People can't wait to upgrade their Iphone that is slightly better than the 2 year old version they already have.  What's so weird to me is that this particular style has cycled back in. It's  such bizarre look.

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2015, 09:15:49 AM »
Go into any sporting good store and go to the sneaker section. All the sneakers look like this--all neon and bright colored(below). Any and every Tom, Dick, and Harry think they are some elite sport star and wants to buy these ugly ass looking sneakers. We live in a weird times where fitness has turned into a fashion trend, and everyone thinking they are "HARDCORE" because they wear these clothes. Look at all of the underarmor bullshit that people wear. Such stupid shit. People go on twitter and instragram and post pictures of themselves working out in these fashionable clothes, thinking they are going to be the next "BIG THING."  ::) ::)

I see four or five none neon colors. Grey black and blue are all good.

It's spring fashion. ;D

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2015, 09:16:40 AM »
I hope those all in one spandex wrastling singlets come back in... I would rock one with a pair of rolled up socks and workboots

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2015, 09:17:07 AM »
dont you morons ever get tired of hating on people...I mean who cares what another man wears its just odd...

When clothing comes into style, you have to decide whether you're for it or aggin it.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2015, 09:18:07 AM »
I can't buy shoes from online because I have feet problems, and no size is an exact fit. It greatly varies for me. Its almost impossible to find a normal looking pair of sneakers.

just try the size you want in the store, then find them online! Those fluorescent shoes man are horrible. And fuck you dumbasses with the matching arm band and all that gear you don't need.

You fuckers don't even train...
?

Waller

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2015, 10:05:21 AM »
I hope those all in one spandex wrastling singlets come back in... I would rock one with a pair of rolled up socks and workboots

You're not a daisy dukes and work boots kinda guy?

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2015, 10:18:07 AM »
Closet homos. What's wrong with cotton shorts and a tank top or regular shirt?

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2015, 10:19:40 AM »
Daisy dukes ::)..... Spandex , neon, rolled down socks,...it screams alpha at work, might as well rock a colour coordinated bandanna, so people know you mean buisness

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2015, 10:20:39 AM »
yeah lets all dress in black at the gym
god forbid someone wears anything colorful

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2015, 10:24:47 AM »
Since them gay ass otomics are so in style, I predict guys seeing Ninja, real ninja boots being the next "must have" for all the bullshit reasons they validate to use them.

Idiotic fuckin' loser ass posers, fuck...
?

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2015, 11:07:21 AM »
nothing wrong with that, use them all the time

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2015, 11:09:07 AM »
The thing that is curious to me is not so much that people want to have the biggest, bestest, "pro" version. That's just the society we live in. People can't wait to upgrade their Iphone that is slightly better than the 2 year old version they already have.  What's so weird to me is that this particular style has cycled back in. It's  such bizarre look.

Yeah, but for some reason, it was more acceptable in the 80's. Now it just looks strange.  :-\ :-\
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2015, 11:10:36 AM »
I see four or five none neon colors. Grey black and blue are all good.

It's spring fashion. ;D

"Spring" fashion.  :-\ :-\ I really dislike spring and summer.
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2015, 11:12:01 AM »

Well, no, why would we?  ??? ::) :-\ :D :D
X

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2015, 04:14:21 PM »
The neon thing doesn't bother me.   What I do find hilarious is dudes who wear thermals/tights under shorts.  Still cracks me up when I see it at the gym.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2015, 04:26:56 PM »
Running shoes do tend to be flamboyant with the colors. I don't care how my shoes look when I run. I don't wear them walking around. My current running shoes a black New Balance. No flash.  What I find really fucked up is all the guys that think they look cool wearing multi color basketball shoe when they look like douche bags. I wear real shoes if I'm going to a restaurant or some other occasion.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2015, 04:28:23 PM »
 ;D 70's was much much better...
F