Author Topic: How many of these Ben Carson quotes do you agree with?  (Read 6407 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
How many of these Ben Carson quotes do you agree with?
« on: May 04, 2015, 11:25:41 AM »
1. “There comes a time when people with values simply have to stand up. Think about Nazi Germany. Most of those people did not believe in what Hitler was doing. But did they speak up? Did they stand up for what they believe in? They did not, and you saw what happened.”
~Ben Carson, comparing Democrats to Nazis, January 2014.

2. “I mean, [America is] very much like Nazi Germany. And I know you’re not supposed to say ‘Nazi Germany,’ but I don’t care about political correctness. You know, you had a government using its tools to intimidate the population. We now live in a society where people are afraid to say what they actually believe.”
~Ben Carson, telling Breitbart News how America is like Nazi Germany because of liberals, March 2014.

3. “ObamaCare is the worst thing that has happened in this nation since slavery. In a way, it is slavery, because it is making all of us subservient to the government.”
~Ben Carson, comparing healthcare to slavery during the Values Voter Summit, October 2013.

4. “Because 9/11 is an isolated incident. Things that are isolated issues as opposed to things that fundamentally change the United Sates of America and shift power from the people to the government. That is a huge shift. You have to take a long-term look at something that fundamentally changes the power structure of America.”
~Ben Carson, claiming ObamaCare is worse than the 9/11 terrorist attacks that killed 3,000 Americans, June 2014.

5. “I think what’s happening with the veterans is a gift from God to show us what happens when you take layers and layers of bureaucracy and place them between the patients and the health care provider. And if we can’t get it right, with the relatively small number of veterans, how in the world are you going to do it with the entire population?”
~Ben Carson, thanking God for dead soldiers in an attack on ObamaCare amid the Veteran’s Affairs military healthcare scandal in which veterans died waiting for medical care, Memorial Day Weekend 2014.

6. “My thoughts are that marriage is between a man and a woman. It’s a well-established, fundamental pillar of society, and no group — be they gays, be they NAMBLA, be they people who believe in bestiality — it doesn’t matter what they are — they don’t get to change the definition.”
~Ben Carson, comparing same-sex marriage to bestiality and pedophilia, April 2013.

7. “Certainly there’s the potential because you have to recognize that we have a rapidly increasing national debt, a very unstable financial foundation, and you have all these things going on like the ISIS crisis that could very rapidly change things that are going on in our nation. And unless we begin to deal with these things in a comprehensive way and in a logical way there is no telling what could happen in just a couple of years.”
~Ben Carson, telling Fox News that President Obama might declare martial law and cancel the 2016 Election so he can continue being president, September 2014.

8. “I think most people when they finish that course, they’d be ready to go sign up for ISIS.”
~Ben Carson, claiming the AP History curriculum will cause students who learn about civil disobedience in this country to join a violent terrorist group, September 2014.

9. “Anyone caught involved in voter fraud should be immediately deported and have his citizenship revoked.”
~Ben Carson, advocating for stripping non-citizens of their no-existant American citizenship if they are caught voting, November 2014. NOTE: quote was later removed from Carson’s WND column.

10. “So if there were a container of contaminated urine, and somehow it managed to find its way to someplace a lot of damage could be done. Someone comes up to a lab worker. He knows he’s got the urine. ‘How would you like to have a million dollars?’ … Such things have been known to happen.”
~Ben Carson, fearmongering over Ebola by saying it could be used a biological weapon even though infectious disease experts disagree, August 2014.

Dude's a little too explosive for me.  He's the Bernie Sanders of the right.  I prefer Ted Cruz.  Carson will eventually say the wrong thing and hand it to Hilary.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: How many of these Ben Carson quotes do you agree with?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2015, 11:54:10 AM »
All of the above.

The man is an idiot.

Number 2 is really dumb. If he went on television (or radio) in nazi germany and said these things he would be executed.

3 is just. Wow..

"I think what’s happening with the veterans is a gift from God to show us what happens when you take layers and layers of bureaucracy and place them between the patients and the health care provider. And if we can’t get it right, with the relatively small number of veterans, how in the world are you going to do it with the entire population?”

You mean a bureaucracy than can reject you for preexisting conditions and other loopholes? I cant wait to see this guy in debates. Beach Bum think the world of this guy and i certainly dont. Looking forward to see who will be "right" on this one.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2015, 01:22:06 PM »
in his context, couldn't agree with any of them.

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2015, 06:28:43 PM »
It's funny, because there's a tiny kernel of truth underlying many of those quotes, but the way he takes that kernel and distorts it that proves just how blindered and extreme a thinker her is. I could say he's not politically savvy, but that's not necessarily a negative as far as I'm concerned. For me what it boils down to is this: despite being an accomplished neurosurgeon, which is no small feat, he just doesn't seem to be particularly smart. It's possible that I'm wrong, but not very likely.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2015, 09:07:03 PM »
It's funny, because there's a tiny kernel of truth underlying many of those quotes, but the way he takes that kernel and distorts it that proves just how blindered and extreme a thinker her is. I could say he's not politically savvy, but that's not necessarily a negative as far as I'm concerned. For me what it boils down to is this: despite being an accomplished neurosurgeon, which is no small feat, he just doesn't seem to be particularly smart. It's possible that I'm wrong, but not very likely.

No, he's not a politician. It's quite refreshing. If I were to compare Ben Carson quotes to Barack Obama quote (like 240 did by putting up Carson quotes) Carson is light years ahead in the intelligence department than the United States version of the village idiot (Obama)

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2015, 06:22:41 AM »
No, he's not a politician. It's quite refreshing. If I were to compare Ben Carson quotes to Barack Obama quote (like 240 did by putting up Carson quotes) Carson is light years ahead in the intelligence department than the United States version of the village idiot (Obama)

You always just make shit up, provide these quotes. This ass hat is comparing slavery to the ACA, said the US is like Nazi Germany (fucking insane), the history curriculum comment is bonkers also.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2015, 07:04:01 AM »

Sorry Coach but just.. no..

Carson is in fact not very intelligent. Obama is.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2015, 09:08:56 AM »

you're not wrong

we've all seen this with people we know in our own lives

I have a client who is supposed to be a brilliant surgeon and he is a very average to below average in many other areas of life.  He just happens to be a very skilled surgeon.  I'm sure other people know brilliant engineers, musicians, etc... who are the same way

Of course, there will be some repubs on this board who will refuse to acknowledge this simple fact of life

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2015, 09:22:29 AM »
you're not wrong

we've all seen this with people we know in our own lives

I have a client who is supposed to be a brilliant surgeon and he is a very average to below average in many other areas of life.  He just happens to be a very skilled surgeon.  I'm sure other people know brilliant engineers, musicians, etc... who are the same way

Of course, there will be some repubs on this board who will refuse to acknowledge this simple fact of life

Well, intelligence is a pretty nebulous concept, all sorts of things go into it. Reasoning capacity, working memory, declarative memory, processing speed etc. I also don;t think he is using only his brain here, he is letting emotions override his reason, that's quite clear and something I would expect from a religious person.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2015, 10:25:52 AM »
Well, intelligence is a pretty nebulous concept, all sorts of things go into it. Reasoning capacity, working memory, declarative memory, processing speed etc. I also don;t think he is using only his brain here, he is letting emotions override his reason, that's quite clear and something I would expect from a religious person.

I've noticed similarities in fundies and far right wingers and far left wingers.. they get their mind set on something and facts don't matter.

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2015, 11:55:59 AM »
No, he's not a politician. It's quite refreshing.

I'm no fan of politicians, but you will forgive me if I don't see the allure in having someone with no political experience run for President.

If I were to compare Ben Carson quotes to Barack Obama quote (like 240 did by putting up Carson quotes) Carson is light years ahead in the intelligence department than the United States version of the village idiot (Obama)

I don't think that Carson is necessarily smarter than Obama or vice versa. It's true, that they have differing ideologies, but the evidence is plain for all to see: they're both quite smart in their own right.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2015, 01:26:27 PM »
I'm no fan of politicians, but you will forgive me if I don't see the allure in having someone with no political experience run for President.

I don't think that Carson is necessarily smarter than Obama or vice versa. It's true, that they have differing ideologies, but the evidence is plain for all to see: they're both quite smart in their own right.

Loose-cannon extremist types are exciting.

Trump is a blowhard and a total idiot on about half of the issues... and people who watch a lot of TV love him.

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2015, 01:48:38 PM »
he's this season's Herman Cain.
w

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2015, 02:25:23 PM »
Trump is a blowhard and a total idiot on about half of the issues... and people who watch a lot of TV love him.

People who watch a lot of TV are idiots, and I am unconcerned with what idiots do on account for them being idiots. Coincidentally, that is why I am unconcerned with Donald Trump too.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2015, 03:30:20 PM »
People who watch a lot of TV are idiots, and I am unconcerned with what idiots do on account for them being idiots. Coincidentally, that is why I am unconcerned with Donald Trump too.

its crazy tho - I have met many people - I'm talking, retirees, housewives, musicians - they literally think Trump is the smartest and most composed person in that group to be president.  I've read trumps books, i used to idolize him as a kid - he's perhaps the most immature person in american politics today, and probably the biggest ego too.  Also, he's up there with Palin when it comes to the "dangerously underqualified in a few areas but totally thinks he's awesome in that area" department.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2015, 06:01:30 PM »
1. “There comes a time when people with values simply have to stand up. Think about Nazi Germany. Most of those people did not believe in what Hitler was doing. But did they speak up? Did they stand up for what they believe in? They did not, and you saw what happened.”
~Ben Carson, comparing Democrats to Nazis, January 2014.

2. “I mean, [America is] very much like Nazi Germany. And I know you’re not supposed to say ‘Nazi Germany,’ but I don’t care about political correctness. You know, you had a government using its tools to intimidate the population. We now live in a society where people are afraid to say what they actually believe.”
~Ben Carson, telling Breitbart News how America is like Nazi Germany because of liberals, March 2014.

3. “ObamaCare is the worst thing that has happened in this nation since slavery. In a way, it is slavery, because it is making all of us subservient to the government.”
~Ben Carson, comparing healthcare to slavery during the Values Voter Summit, October 2013.

4. “Because 9/11 is an isolated incident. Things that are isolated issues as opposed to things that fundamentally change the United Sates of America and shift power from the people to the government. That is a huge shift. You have to take a long-term look at something that fundamentally changes the power structure of America.”
~Ben Carson, claiming ObamaCare is worse than the 9/11 terrorist attacks that killed 3,000 Americans, June 2014.

5. “I think what’s happening with the veterans is a gift from God to show us what happens when you take layers and layers of bureaucracy and place them between the patients and the health care provider. And if we can’t get it right, with the relatively small number of veterans, how in the world are you going to do it with the entire population?”
~Ben Carson, thanking God for dead soldiers in an attack on ObamaCare amid the Veteran’s Affairs military healthcare scandal in which veterans died waiting for medical care, Memorial Day Weekend 2014.

6. “My thoughts are that marriage is between a man and a woman. It’s a well-established, fundamental pillar of society, and no group — be they gays, be they NAMBLA, be they people who believe in bestiality — it doesn’t matter what they are — they don’t get to change the definition.”
~Ben Carson, comparing same-sex marriage to bestiality and pedophilia, April 2013.

7. “Certainly there’s the potential because you have to recognize that we have a rapidly increasing national debt, a very unstable financial foundation, and you have all these things going on like the ISIS crisis that could very rapidly change things that are going on in our nation. And unless we begin to deal with these things in a comprehensive way and in a logical way there is no telling what could happen in just a couple of years.”
~Ben Carson, telling Fox News that President Obama might declare martial law and cancel the 2016 Election so he can continue being president, September 2014.

8. “I think most people when they finish that course, they’d be ready to go sign up for ISIS.”
~Ben Carson, claiming the AP History curriculum will cause students who learn about civil disobedience in this country to join a violent terrorist group, September 2014.

9. “Anyone caught involved in voter fraud should be immediately deported and have his citizenship revoked.”
~Ben Carson, advocating for stripping non-citizens of their no-existant American citizenship if they are caught voting, November 2014. NOTE: quote was later removed from Carson’s WND column.

10. “So if there were a container of contaminated urine, and somehow it managed to find its way to someplace a lot of damage could be done. Someone comes up to a lab worker. He knows he’s got the urine. ‘How would you like to have a million dollars?’ … Such things have been known to happen.”
~Ben Carson, fearmongering over Ebola by saying it could be used a biological weapon even though infectious disease experts disagree, August 2014.

Dude's a little too explosive for me.  He's the Bernie Sanders of the right.  I prefer Ted Cruz.  Carson will eventually say the wrong thing and hand it to Hilary.

Somewhat opinionated, lol.

forillagorilla

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2015, 06:26:51 AM »
Sorry Coach but just.. no..

Carson is in fact not very intelligent. Obama is.

Lol.... Carson is a brain surgeon ... Would you let Obama cut your hair - much less your head... Now don't get me wrong he is a smart dude to align himself with the real puppet masters... Just don't be so naive as to this Obama actually orchestrated ANYTHING - from his campaign to his policy.. I doubt he had much say at all other than being the pitch man

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2015, 07:03:28 AM »
Lol.... Carson is a brain surgeon ... Would you let Obama cut your hair - much less your head... Now don't get me wrong he is a smart dude to align himself with the real puppet masters... Just don't be so naive as to this Obama actually orchestrated ANYTHING - from his campaign to his policy.. I doubt he had much say at all other than being the pitch man

Carson is no doubt a terrific brain surgeon but he doesnt know shit about much else. His knowledge of history and anthropology is basically non-existent something you would expect from child.

Obama is smart but he is a small wheel in a big machine. I dont disagree with this.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2015, 10:07:46 AM »
All of the above.

The man is an idiot.

Number 2 is really dumb. If he went on television (or radio) in nazi germany and said these things he would be executed.

3 is just. Wow..

"I think what’s happening with the veterans is a gift from God to show us what happens when you take layers and layers of bureaucracy and place them between the patients and the health care provider. And if we can’t get it right, with the relatively small number of veterans, how in the world are you going to do it with the entire population?”

You mean a bureaucracy than can reject you for preexisting conditions and other loopholes? I cant wait to see this guy in debates. Beach Bum think the world of this guy and i certainly dont. Looking forward to see who will be "right" on this one.
Agreed...but this is why he wiol NEVER be president..he has to many gaffes that Hillary can draw on...his own mouth has already defeatd him

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2015, 02:35:12 PM »
As accomplished as he is, I don't see him as high-level politician material.

BTW, if he was a Dem, everyone who criticizes him would be labelled "racist" by the left.

For some reason, women and minorities are only eligible for race or gender card protection if they are Democrat / liberal / leftist. I'm amazed at the hatred the MSNBC crowd and the leftists and militants spew towards black and female conservatives.

http://legalinsurrection.com/2015/05/msnbc-guest-dr-ben-carson-an-affirmative-action-case/
A

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2015, 08:05:31 AM »
As accomplished as he is, I don't see him as high-level politician material.

BTW, if he was a Dem, everyone who criticizes him would be labelled "racist" by the left.

For some reason, women and minorities are only eligible for race or gender card protection if they are Democrat / liberal / leftist. I'm amazed at the hatred the MSNBC crowd and the leftists and militants spew towards black and female conservatives.

http://legalinsurrection.com/2015/05/msnbc-guest-dr-ben-carson-an-affirmative-action-case/

That's because black and female Republicans say things that don' jive with reality.....and believe me if a black Democrat compared the U.S. with Nazi Germany he would be in beg trouble....and if a black Dem said that Homosexuality is choice he would be destroyed

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2015, 08:46:36 AM »

You pretending you know anything about the intelligence department has been a great laugh for me this morning.

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2015, 02:23:00 PM »
That's because black and female Republicans say things that don' jive with reality.....and believe me if a black Democrat compared the U.S. with Nazi Germany he would be in beg trouble....and if a black Dem said that Homosexuality is choice he would be destroyed

Dems of any and all colors and genders NEVER say anything that doesn't jive with reality, right?  ::)

There's no double standard at all in the media, correct?  ::)
A

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2015, 03:08:34 PM »
Dems of any and all colors and genders NEVER say anything that doesn't jive with reality, right?  ::)

There's no double standard at all in the media, correct?  ::)

FOX does a great job calling out idiot dems.
MSN does a great job calling out idiot repubs.