Author Topic: getbig's official NBA thread  (Read 55363 times)

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
Re: getbig's official NBA thread
« Reply #1000 on: July 23, 2015, 11:44:27 AM »
Pop is the best coach possibly ever....

He will play the young guys more minutes and not let the vets get injured and fuck up their championship hopes...

Coach Popp is a fucking genius. 

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #1001 on: July 23, 2015, 11:46:25 AM »
Spurs offseason acquisitions.

Tim Duncan- re-signed
Danny Green- re-signed
Kawaii Leonard - re-signed
Manu Ginobli - re-signed
Matt Bonner - re-signed
Patty Mills - re-signed

LaMarcus Aldridge - signed
David West - signed
Jonathon Simmons - signed (Summer League Championship game MVP)
Jimmer Fredette - signed (Jimmer Jammer)
Ray McCallum - signed
Nikola Milutinov - Drafted (7'0 Euro Leaguer)

Epic offseason ready to destroy.

Frickin Pop.....dude's awesome!

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #1002 on: July 23, 2015, 11:48:13 AM »
Coach Popp is a fucking genius. 

They were talking about how Lebron averaged 40 something minutes a game this year in the playoffs and how the Spurs last year didn't have anyone on the floor for more than 30 minutes.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #1003 on: July 23, 2015, 12:05:41 PM »
Pop is the best coach possibly ever....

Scott Skiles could win a title with that lineup lol

The only hope for us non-spurs fans is that san antonio GH doctors run out, and those vets start getting injured.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #1004 on: July 23, 2015, 12:17:12 PM »
Scott Skiles could win a title with that lineup lol

The only hope for us non-spurs fans is that san antonio GH doctors run out, and those vets start getting injured.

We don't cheat bro.  See, it's only Coach Popp that can assemble a roster like this.  Other Coaches couldn't get players to buy in the way Popp does AND for less money.  The Spurs are the best sports franchise since 2000. Even better than my cheatin' ass Patriots.  >:(

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #1005 on: July 24, 2015, 07:16:03 AM »
I don't like this new phenomenon that I'm calling "The Lebron Effect".

That's where all the good free agents swarm to sign with the same couple of teams.  Almost all star players now seem to insist on playing with a roster full of other star players which of course gives them a much better chance to win.  Stacked rosters.  A lot of these guys are willing to take much less than their market value and play a lesser a role on a team full of stars.  Stacking the odds in their favor to win rings. 

I understand it, but I don't like it.  I think it cheapens the process of winning rings and becoming a champion.

BDsauce

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1006 on: July 24, 2015, 07:49:47 AM »
Pop develops players through the draft and makes them stars....

He has a great eye for talent and he doesn't kiss players asses....

LeBron needs a coach like that to be better....

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #1007 on: July 24, 2015, 09:21:37 AM »

That's where all the good free agents swarm to sign with the same couple of teams.  Almost all star players now seem to insist on playing with a roster full of other star players which of course gives them a much better chance to win.  Stacked rosters.  A lot of these guys are willing to take much less than their market value and play a lesser a role on a team full of stars.  Stacking the odds in their favor to win rings. 

I understand it, but I don't like it.  I think it cheapens the process of winning rings and becoming a champion.

This isn't a new practice, players have always wanted to play with friends or on championship teams; Isiah wanted Mark Aaguire, Horace Grant wanted to play with Shaq and Penny, Payton and Malone became Lakers, and there are numerous other examples.

LeBron was the first one to leave a team by his own admission in his prime, if he was traded to the Heat (and star players have demanded trades before) no one would have had a problem with how he left. That Cavs team was a complete mess.

It seems like LeBron had it easy in Miami, but he still lost two championship series.

Only one team wins the title every year, so it's still quite the accomplishment.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • significantly cheaper and federally legal
« Reply #1008 on: July 24, 2015, 09:26:22 AM »
The part that's relatively new is superstar players moving to new teams all the time or "joining forces". 

It used to be very rare for a superstar player in their prime to leave and join another team in free agency.  Shaq is the first big name I can think of that did this.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #1009 on: July 24, 2015, 11:50:32 AM »
We are talking about team leaders / #1s, not role-players.  Try to keep up.

shaq was the leader of the first 3 titles

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #1010 on: July 24, 2015, 11:54:19 AM »

you didn't seem to have a problem with the lakers signing malone or payton as a free agent

if they didn't get their butts kicked by the pistons you would be touting kobe's "6 rings"

you seemed to be cool with signing nash and howard too, but i guess when it fails miserably you don't see it as the team trying to buy titles LOL

E

E

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #1011 on: July 24, 2015, 06:37:02 PM »
you didn't seem to have a problem with the lakers signing malone or payton as a free agent

if they didn't get their butts kicked by the pistons you would be touting kobe's "6 rings"

you seemed to be cool with signing nash and howard too, but i guess when it fails miserably you don't see it as the team trying to buy titles LOL

E

So you're saying the cavs weren't trying to buy one by bringing in James. Trading their first pick for love and then Two more first picks for mosgov?

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #1012 on: July 24, 2015, 10:21:30 PM »
So you're saying the cavs weren't trying to buy one by bringing in James. Trading their first pick for love and then Two more first picks for mosgov?

sure they were but any team Lebron plays for seems to be the only one that gets hate for it

i will repeat this again and for the last time

if lebron stayed in cleveland they don't get the lottery pick to select kyrie, they also don't get the number 1's they used to trade for love

in other words lebron wouldn't have had help if he never left for miami, every other champion had help to win titles so enough of the "he sucks because he chases rings" BS, it's not his fault cleveland management doesn't know how to draft and build from within, not to mention the big free agents don't want to play in cleveland

leaving cleveland was the smartest thing he ever could've done but it's also the number 1 reason people shit on him

E
E

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #1013 on: July 25, 2015, 04:58:42 PM »

E

How the fuck would you know what I thought about Malone and Payton signing with the Lakers back in 2004?  lol

You are obviously a little slow so I will try to say this as simply as possible.  Karl Malone was 40 years old and in his 19th season when he decided to ring chase and join the Lakers.  Gary Payton was 35 and obviously well pas this prime when he came to LA.  Middle aged players at the ass end of their careers are not at all the same as young star players in their prime flocking to join each other at reduced salaries.

Also, When Nash came to LA he was about to turn 40 and by that time Kobe was 34.  Furthermore, both Nash and Dwight Howard were traded for, they were not signed as free agents.  It's also funny that both of the Lakers examples that you posted were instances where other players came to LA rather than Kobe leaving LA to play with them.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #1014 on: July 26, 2015, 01:06:33 AM »
How the fuck would you know what I thought about Malone and Payton signing with the Lakers back in 2004?  lol

You are obviously a little slow so I will try to say this as simply as possible.  Karl Malone was 40 years old and in his 19th season when he decided to ring chase and join the Lakers.  Gary Payton was 35 and obviously well pas this prime when he came to LA.  Middle aged players at the ass end of their careers are not at all the same as young star players in their prime flocking to join each other at reduced salaries.

Also, When Nash came to LA he was about to turn 40 and by that time Kobe was 34.  Furthermore, both Nash and Dwight Howard were traded for, they were not signed as free agents.  It's also funny that both of the Lakers examples that you posted were instances where other players came to LA rather than Kobe leaving LA to play with them.

well you don't whine about those examples as much as you whine about lebron playing with better players, that is why i don't know how you felt

when will you realize that LA is far more of a destination point for EVERYBODY than cleveland?  your boy kobe would be tracy mcgrady if the hornets didn't trade him

lebron is the only person in human history to be criticized for going for a better job opportunity, you people are sick

E

E

Davidtheman100

• Getbig IV
  • Kill it
« Reply #1015 on: July 26, 2015, 06:26:04 AM »

It's just simply because the word "star" is thrown around much more easily in 2015 opposed to the early 2000's where there were less "stars" but the league was much better, and there were much better players? Weird how that works, huh? Like Nuggets had Melo, Billups, Iverson, JR Smith, Camby etc that was a fairly stacked team but they weren't in championship contention IMO.. Spurs had a better team than now IMO mostly same players but prime duncan who is best PF of all time.. Rockets had Tmac and Ming and more.. Sonics had Ray Allen and Rashard Lewis.. Nets eventually had Vince Carter and Kidd with Kittles i believe? I mean Knicks finished winning with like 20 games won and had Stephon Marbury, Zach randolph, David Lee, Jamal Crawford, steve Francis, Allan houston, That is a "stacked team" in 2015 if they were all the same ages as they were in 2005 with similar productivity..

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #1016 on: July 26, 2015, 07:54:39 AM »
well you don't whine about those examples as much as you whine about lebron playing with better players, that is why i don't know how you felt

Sometimes I wonder if you you even understand English.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1017 on: July 26, 2015, 08:01:28 AM »
sure they were but any team Lebron plays for seems to be the only one that gets hate for it

i will repeat this again and for the last time

if lebron stayed in cleveland they don't get the lottery pick to select kyrie, they also don't get the number 1's they used to trade for love

in other words lebron wouldn't have had help if he never left for miami, every other champion had help to win titles so enough of the "he sucks because he chases rings" BS, it's not his fault cleveland management doesn't know how to draft and build from within, not to mention the big free agents don't want to play in cleveland

leaving cleveland was the smartest thing he ever could've done but it's also the number 1 reason people shit on him

E
QFT.