Author Topic: Slammed this month..  (Read 35555 times)

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
Re: Slammed this month..
« Reply #275 on: May 16, 2015, 05:06:28 PM »
Buying a building in Manhattan beach , Ca.  ::) ::)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #276 on: May 16, 2015, 05:44:09 PM »

WTF are you talking about?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #277 on: May 16, 2015, 05:52:37 PM »
Some of you people really need to get a fucking grip.

Coach, you should try to buy. Leasing - even for most business purposes - generally sucks... thanks for reaffirming why for those of us who actually get out of the house for a few hours a day several days a week.

I needed a place NOW. I couldn't wait that long. Not that wouldn't buy in the future.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #278 on: May 17, 2015, 02:41:20 AM »
I needed a place NOW. I couldn't wait that long. Not that wouldn't buy in the future.

Yeah you can't miss opportunities...

The money that you make now can be used to buy a place later

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
« Reply #279 on: May 17, 2015, 01:35:54 PM »

Then consider moving if buying in one area is not practical.
A

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #280 on: May 22, 2015, 09:20:45 AM »
can't imagine this style of Farming Ox/Mule Training outside a business parking lot would affect other businesses in that storage facility

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #281 on: May 22, 2015, 10:29:38 AM »
can't imagine this style of Farming Ox/Mule Training outside a business parking lot would affect other businesses in that storage facility

Dear stalker, maybe you can show up sometime and train since you like to talk shit. But I SERIOUSLY doubt that would even happen.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #282 on: May 22, 2015, 11:38:18 AM »

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #283 on: May 22, 2015, 10:00:27 PM »
Dear stalker, maybe you can show up sometime and train since you like to talk shit. But I SERIOUSLY doubt that would even happen.

Is Tito still across the way?

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #284 on: May 22, 2015, 10:05:10 PM »

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #285 on: May 22, 2015, 10:13:58 PM »
Is Tito still across the way?

Yes but cyborg is doing some of her training with us. (She trains with punishment)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #286 on: May 22, 2015, 10:18:13 PM »
The coach is an entrepreneur.  As such, he represents the kind of person upon which this country was built. We should all be offering our support rather than suggesting he will fail. Think about this before you try to bring him down.

For the record, my hope is for his success.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #287 on: May 22, 2015, 10:18:44 PM »
Yes but cyborg is doing some of her training with us. (She trains with punishment)

Seriously?

She as scary up close?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #288 on: May 22, 2015, 10:26:13 PM »
The coach is an entrepreneur.  As such, he represents the kind of person upon which this country was built. We should all be offering our support rather than suggesting he will fail. Think about this before you try to bring him down.

For the record, my hope is for his success.

Thank you.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #289 on: May 22, 2015, 10:28:04 PM »
Seriously?

She as scary up close?

No, personally I think she's a sweetheart. I just have to keep in mind that she can beat my ass if I piss her off. Lol

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #290 on: May 22, 2015, 10:31:22 PM »
No, personally I think she's a sweetheart. I just have to keep in mind that she can beat my ass if I piss her off. Lol

Does she plan to cut weight for a Rousey match?

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #291 on: May 22, 2015, 10:38:32 PM »
I love when people talk about "common" sense and college degrees lol.

I agree, just because you have a university degree it doesn't mean you have common sense.

However, just because you don't have a university degree, it doesn't mean you have common sense, either.

Degree or no degree does not automatically imply common sense. I do not think anyone ever said it did. I know plenty of people with PhD's who have a ton of common sense. I know people with PhDs who have absolutely no common sense. Guess what, I also know people with no college degrees who have no common sense. And I also know other people with no college degrees who have a lot of common sense.

I often find people that don't have college degrees will often use this that line, "People with college degrees don't have common sense." I don't know why they say this. I don't think there has ever been a study that studied the relationship between common sense and whether or not someone has a college degree.  ??? ??? ???

Plus, you'd need to define exactly what "common sense" means. Is it street smarts? Is it the ability to solve real-world problems? Is it social skills? Is it the ability to regulate one's emotions during times of distress? Is it the ability to navigate the intricate relationship between individuality and communal life? Is it the keen ability to address ethical and/or moral situations by taking into consideration one's subjective experience, as well as the subjective experience of the other? Common sense can have varying degrees of meaning. In fact, there are many people who run street gangs who have a lot of common sense when it comes to street smarts. These people are able to solve issues within their gang, address problems, and devise a tier-system that allows them to profit from gang life, i.e., much like how businesses are set up. Its actually quite impressive (only if they can use this to benefit humanity). I'd say you would need a lot of common sense for this. Then again, people in gangs often lack the empathy to subjectively respond to another person, as well as an inability to balance the need between individuality and communal life, both which would need a certain amount of common sense. Furthermore, we need to take into consideration the context of "common sense." Different contexts will illuminate different parts of the self, which may or may not be associated with different degrees of common sense. Shine a light on a diamond  and it will illuminate different facets of the diamond, however, if you change the direction or strength of the light, different facets of the diamond will become illuminated. The self, composed of alternative identities, will respond in the same manner. Different contexts, relationships, and systems will illuminate different strengths or degree of common sense. Thus, most people do not really ever lack common sense (maybe the rare person does).  They just manifest different degrees of common sense based on the context.

The dichotomy between "university smart" and "common sense" are not mutually exclusive. I suspect that both terms are more on a continuum, as opposed to either/or. That is how most things in life are--its hardly ever "youre solely this" or "youre soley that." Its more of a blend of constructs (good or bad, university smart or common sense, happy or sad, etc) that make up each person's personality.

I think you mean common cents, like loose change or more precisely having correct change, which is indeed rare.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #292 on: May 22, 2015, 10:41:19 PM »

Coach what's your connection with mma? How did you start training this type of clientele?  Didn't you also work with Rampage?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #293 on: May 22, 2015, 10:56:14 PM »
I love when people talk about "common" sense and college degrees lol.

I agree, just because you have a university degree it doesn't mean you have common sense.

However, just because you don't have a university degree, it doesn't mean you have common sense, either.

Degree or no degree does not automatically imply common sense. I do not think anyone ever said it did. I know plenty of people with PhD's who have a ton of common sense. I know people with PhDs who have absolutely no common sense. Guess what, I also know people with no college degrees who have no common sense. And I also know other people with no college degrees who have a lot of common sense.

I often find people that don't have college degrees will often use this that line, "People with college degrees don't have common sense." I don't know why they say this. I don't think there has ever been a study that studied the relationship between common sense and whether or not someone has a college degree.  ??? ??? ???

Plus, you'd need to define exactly what "common sense" means. Is it street smarts? Is it the ability to solve real-world problems? Is it social skills? Is it the ability to regulate one's emotions during times of distress? Is it the ability to navigate the intricate relationship between individuality and communal life? Is it the keen ability to address ethical and/or moral situations by taking into consideration one's subjective experience, as well as the subjective experience of the other? Common sense can have varying degrees of meaning. In fact, there are many people who run street gangs who have a lot of common sense when it comes to street smarts. These people are able to solve issues within their gang, address problems, and devise a tier-system that allows them to profit from gang life, i.e., much like how businesses are set up. Its actually quite impressive (only if they can use this to benefit humanity). I'd say you would need a lot of common sense for this. Then again, people in gangs often lack the empathy to subjectively respond to another person, as well as an inability to balance the need between individuality and communal life, both which would need a certain amount of common sense. Furthermore, we need to take into consideration the context of "common sense." Different contexts will illuminate different parts of the self, which may or may not be associated with different degrees of common sense. Shine a light on a diamond  and it will illuminate different facets of the diamond, however, if you change the direction or strength of the light, different facets of the diamond will become illuminated. The self, composed of alternative identities, will respond in the same manner. Different contexts, relationships, and systems will illuminate different strengths or degree of common sense. Thus, most people do not really ever lack common sense (maybe the rare person does).  They just manifest different degrees of common sense based on the context.

The dichotomy between "university smart" and "common sense" are not mutually exclusive. I suspect that both terms are more on a continuum, as opposed to either/or. That is how most things in life are--its hardly ever "youre solely this" or "youre soley that." Its more of a blend of constructs (good or bad, university smart or common sense, happy or sad, etc) that make up each person's personality.

Here, here! What you've posted is all good stuff. Unfortunately, there is little audience for it here. Not that I am even remotely suggesting you give up the fight to open folks eyes and minds to all the other possibilities, but I hope you realize this is a steep uphill battle.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #294 on: May 22, 2015, 11:02:33 PM »
Coach what's your connection with mma? How did you start training this type of clientele?  Didn't you also work with Rampage?

Back in about 2006 I was introduced by a client of mine to a fighter named Dave Roberts. He happened to be Rampages best friend (I didn't know at the time who even rampage was). I started training Dave for a fight where he won and by word of mouth just kinda snowballed from there. I don't really market myself for fighters.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #295 on: May 22, 2015, 11:04:16 PM »

bring in some cheeleaders and record sales shall be had...
?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #296 on: May 22, 2015, 11:06:48 PM »
bring in some cheeleaders and record sales shall be had...

Just for the record that's a 200 yard sled walk with 355lbs. Nails disappeared real quick when I called his ass out to train knowing he's not that far away.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #297 on: May 22, 2015, 11:08:34 PM »
Back in about 2006 I was introduced by a client of mine to a fighter named Dave Roberts. He happened to be Rampages best friend (I didn't know at the time who even rampage was). I started training Dave for a fight where he won and by word of mouth just kinda snowballed from there. I don't really market myself for fighters.

Very cool story. I'm sure anytime you work with professional athletes it's great for business.

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #298 on: June 21, 2015, 08:58:17 AM »
Lol!!!! Wait just a minute.......

That was the type of thing you had Kongo doing? That video was embarrasing.

He could have done weighted pushups to failure, and got similar workout, for free.

Who is the midget "pushing " the tire 8 inches?

THE BEEF

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #299 on: June 21, 2015, 09:12:48 AM »
Who is the midget "pushing " the tire 8 inches?

THE BEEF
One of the guys occupying the little tiny space between your ears.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!