Author Topic: Pool advise  (Read 6938 times)

ritch

• Getbig V
Re: Pool advise
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2015, 09:51:55 AM »

LOL! YOu see the one white dude in the back, lol!!!
?

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2015, 10:01:11 AM »
This pool is roughly 28,000 gallons, 32 ft long and 7' deep. Pebble sheen coated. The deck and equipment and "sundek" concrete treatment was $42K in Texas 

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2015, 10:02:43 AM »
there is a website called Troublefreepools that has been a wealth of information on building and maintaining your pool

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2015, 10:10:08 AM »
This pool is roughly 28,000 gallons, 32 ft long and 7' deep. Pebble sheen coated. The deck and equipment and "sundek" concrete treatment was $42K in Texas 

Its probably owned by a cop.
X

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2015, 10:11:02 AM »

What a beauty, any pics of bitchez in bikinis ?

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2015, 10:13:17 AM »
This man knows a lot about Pools

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2015, 09:40:51 PM »
What a beauty, any pics of bitchez in bikinis ?

Not anymore

Nirvana

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2015, 11:21:42 PM »
Put a tarp in a truck bed and fill it up. Heat it with the exhaust if necessary.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2015, 10:32:25 AM »
About property value... I live in Westchester county, and the property taxes are "communistic" to say the least (I don't mind,) and a pool adds to that. Hence folks here, unless you're really loaded, tend to join private clubs or the local town pools. I don't like to drink someone's piss, so my own pool is my only option. I have the added benefit that my property, or at least the section of the property where I'm thinking about putting the pool in, is on a slope, and there's a tax break for that.

That and the fact that, were I to put the house in the market, having a pool would set my house apart from the rest because mine would be the only one with a pool (at a certain price range of course).

And we all know that a beautiful woman with big tits beats (no pun intended) a beautiful woman any day.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2015, 10:36:19 AM »
X2

...and the upkeep... $$

An outdoor patio with a fire pit/fireplace, entertaining space, etc. = much more ROI and can be used 3 seasons

This is awesome.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2015, 10:37:27 AM »

Wow, that's cheap.

No wonder people are moving to Texas.

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2015, 11:40:09 AM »

Seems like a good place to drop a hungry tiger shark

LittleJ

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2015, 11:43:46 AM »
Seems like a good place to drop a hungry tiger shark

why?

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2015, 12:37:17 PM »
A

SquidVicious

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2015, 01:02:51 PM »
You should get one. Especially if you have little kids and neighbors you dislike.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2015, 01:03:43 PM »
if you have to ask what it costs you cant afford it stop pretending and post shit

Lmao....that's such bullshit. Hahaha

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2015, 02:06:43 PM »

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2015, 03:01:36 PM »

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2015, 05:20:56 PM »
Getting an in ground pool was the best thing I did with my house. I live in NJ and in a good season it's only used for 4 months and under. I got it for my kids but truth be told I use it more than anyone in the family. Whether doing laps, cannonballs, floating on a raft or standing in the low end with a cocktail nothing is better than having a "vacation" spot right in your back yard. Keeping the pool crystal clear and clean is easy once you know what you're doing. If you clean the pool to perfection once it's opened it takes about two half hour sessions a week to keep it that way. The pool is getting opened in two weeks and I can't wait. 

forillagorilla

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2015, 07:32:01 PM »
Anybody know anything about pools?

I'm thinking about getting someone to build me a pool similar to the one in the picture below. Anyone have an estimate as to how much it would roughly cost me?

Done well - $100,000

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2015, 08:23:01 AM »
Done well - $100,000

I actually got two estimates and both were over 100k. And in both cases they wanted me to sign insurance contracts that were fucking ridiculous. And they complained about the slope, the pachysandra, the deer ticks, the gas lines, et cetera. Needless to say, I got fed up.

I went as far as trying to get an Amish construction company (I kid you not!) to come over and build it the old way, but the logistics of it made it impossible: Transportation for them was impossible, they required separate quarters that were not connected to anything, a source of water that wasn't connected to the house pipe, et cetera.

I want someone to come over and say "I can do it for this amount and in this amount of time". Nothing else. I don't want a fucking lard ass wearing a hard hat to lecture me on digger logistics and how monumentally difficult the job is going to be. I mean, when all was said and done, after I ran the numbers, it came down to 2k per person, PER DAY! Machinery not included.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2015, 09:38:57 AM »
I actually got two estimates and both were over 100k. And in both cases they wanted me to sign insurance contracts that were fucking ridiculous. And they complained about the slope, the pachysandra, the deer ticks, the gas lines, et cetera. Needless to say, I got fed up.

I went as far as trying to get an Amish construction company (I kid you not!) to come over and build it the old way, but the logistics of it made it impossible: Transportation for them was impossible, they required separate quarters that were not connected to anything, a source of water that wasn't connected to the house pipe, et cetera.

I want someone to come over and say "I can do it for this amount and in this amount of time". Nothing else. I don't want a fucking lard ass wearing a hard hat to lecture me on digger logistics and how monumentally difficult the job is going to be. I mean, when all was said and done, after I ran the numbers, it came down to 2k per person, PER DAY! Machinery not included.

So many people get ripped off building a pool. Keep shopping. When you see someone with a pool you like ask who did it. Pool prices vary wildly according to the economy. When times are bad the prices drop.  Sometimes though the opposite happens. They build fewer pools thinking the one having them made have money and the price jumps up.  The profit or mark up on the installation of a pool is incredible. Haggle with the guys. If he hangs around instead of burning rubber leaving your house you know he's considering the offer you are making him.

Another angle is not to have one pool guy be the general contractor for everything. Tell the pool guy you are having your own paver and a separate landscape guy do the outside work. You only want the actual pool built. Most pool guys hire outside guys for everything. One company to dig the hole. Another for concrete and landscaping. When the cement guy came to my house I told him I would pay extra cash over the agreement with the pool guy and he did extra concrete work. He was only to happy to oblige and the price was right without the pool guy middle man. You can also play that game when the pool guy hires a landscape guy.  Tell the landscape guy you want a lot more than the minimum you ordered from the pool guy. He should give you a deal. Why should the pool guy pay guys outside his business then charge you extra for his profit?

Sokolsky

• Getbig IV
  • Sensory receptors succumb
« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2015, 09:47:07 AM »
Just make sure it's deep enough to drown yourself in, Slapper.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2015, 09:52:24 AM »

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #49 on: May 10, 2015, 09:55:20 AM »
So many people get ripped off building a pool. Keep shopping. When you see someone with a pool you like ask who did it. Pool prices vary wildly according to the economy. When times are bad the prices drop.  Sometimes though the opposite happens. They build fewer pools thinking the one having them made have money and the price jumps up.  The profit or mark up on the installation of a pool is incredible. Haggle with the guys. If he hangs around instead of burning rubber leaving your house you know he's considering the offer you are making him.

Another angle is not to have one pool guy be the general contractor for everything. Tell the pool guy you are having your own paver and a separate landscape guy do the outside work. You only want the actual pool built. Most pool guys hire outside guys for everything. One company to dig the hole. Another for concrete and landscaping. When the cement guy came to my house I told him I would pay extra cash over the agreement with the pool guy and he did extra concrete work. He was only to happy to oblige and the price was right without the pool guy middle man. You can also play that game when the pool guy hires a landscape guy.  Tell the landscape guy you want a lot more than the minimum you ordered from the pool guy. He should give you a deal. Why should the pool guy pay guys outside his business then charge you extra for his profit?

Thanks.

Good advice.

Hadn't thought about that.