Author Topic: Pool advise  (Read 6939 times)

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
Re: Pool advise
« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2015, 12:54:23 PM »
I'd try to find the one (or more) top contractor(s) in your area to build it - like those who've been in business for decades or generations if possible and are local. And check them out online beforehand.

If you're getting bids from one or more top guys in your area that are all significantly higher than any bids you're getting from any unknowns, there's probably a good reason or several that the more reputable and experienced builders are quoting you higher. You generally get what you pay for in life.

A

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2015, 10:56:02 AM »

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: May 14, 2015, 10:57:41 AM »

BDsauce

• Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: May 14, 2015, 11:35:00 AM »

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: May 18, 2015, 08:22:10 AM »
try the website I suggested. there may be a forum poster that lives in your region that can steer you to a quality builder. 100K would get you a Travel Channel episode pool here. I had about 6 builders give estimates. There were 3 people on the forum within 20 miles of my house that gave me their recommendations. I went with a pool builder that had it built start to finish in 29 days and I've got no complaints. I would recommend a saltwater pool for ease of maintenance. I spend less than 30 minutes a week taking care of it. Once you're dialed in on your water chemistry it's a piece of cake. Here, I can expect to recover about 20K of the 42K when I sell so it's not a good investment but it was a quality of life investment for me. I spend a lot of time chilin' in the back yard. I would also recommend a D.E. filter. Get the largest you can and you will have less maintenance with it. I backwash and refill mine about every 2 months during the summer and once during the winter. Takes about 30 minutes.   

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: May 18, 2015, 08:43:14 AM »
You should have between 75K-150K available to invest in this endeavor.

Depending on where you live, you can get a pool put in for as little as 50K (Fort Lauderdale has a few companies that will get you a decent sized pool in for around that figure). If you live in the North East (NYC and vicinity), it will run you well over 100K and depending on area (North Shore of Long Island for instance), I've seen pool installations cost closer to 150K. It also depends on what the ground work surrounding the pool will look like and other aesthetic details.

"1"

residue

• Getbig V
  • Adonis 3:16
« Reply #56 on: May 18, 2015, 11:25:08 AM »
for the cost of a pool install you'd be better served getting a lakefront summer home and taking up jetsking

CT_Muscle

• Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: May 18, 2015, 11:27:37 AM »
Anybody know anything about pools?

I'm thinking about getting someone to build me a pool similar to the one in the picture below. Anyone have an estimate as to how much it would roughly cost me?

Landscaping aside just the pool........

How could I ever afford a beautiful inground swimming pool?

Our unique fiberglass wall construction and soft liner process make building a magnificent inground pool extremely cost effective. Don't think a high quality pool has to cost $75,000, $50,000 or even $25,000. You can be enjoying your beautiful pool - completely installed, fully equipped and with customized perimeter walkway - for an amazingly affordable price.

http://www.fairfieldpool.com/faq/answers.html