Author Topic: Jeb Says His Most Influential Adviser Is...  (Read 1389 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Jeb Says His Most Influential Adviser Is...
« on: May 09, 2015, 07:22:32 PM »
Jeb Says George Is His Most Influential Adviser

“When asked this week at an exclusive Manhattan gathering about who advises him on U.S.-Israel policy, Jeb Bush surprised many of the 50-plus attendees by naming his brother, former president George W. Bush, as his most influential counselor,” the Washington Post reports.

Said Bush: “If you want to know who I listen to for advice, it’s him.”

The remark came as part of an answer to a question about Bush’s political advisers and their policy views. Bush was pressed for details about who he surrounds himself with and consults as he thinks through his positions, guests said.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/one-of-jeb-bushs-top-advisers-on-israel-george-w-bush/2015/05/07/920fec8e-f4da-11e4-bcc4-e8141e5eb0c9_story.html

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
Re: Jeb Says His Most Influential Adviser Is...
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2015, 02:31:16 AM »
Jeb Says George Is His Most Influential Adviser

“When asked this week at an exclusive Manhattan gathering about who advises him on U.S.-Israel policy, Jeb Bush surprised many of the 50-plus attendees by naming his brother, former president George W. Bush, as his most influential counselor,” the Washington Post reports.

Said Bush: “If you want to know who I listen to for advice, it’s him.”

The remark came as part of an answer to a question about Bush’s political advisers and their policy views. Bush was pressed for details about who he surrounds himself with and consults as he thinks through his positions, guests said.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/one-of-jeb-bushs-top-advisers-on-israel-george-w-bush/2015/05/07/920fec8e-f4da-11e4-bcc4-e8141e5eb0c9_story.html

Just great... And in all seriousness, why the fuck are we even talking about Jeb and Hillary? Are Bushes and Clintons really the best we can do?

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2015, 10:00:19 PM »
Just great... And in all seriousness, why the fuck are we even talking about Jeb and Hillary? Are Bushes and Clintons really the best we can do?

You don't have a choice. That's why it's always then. It's no accident. 200+ million people and it's always the same names. There's a reason.

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2015, 12:37:28 AM »
You don't have a choice. That's why it's always then. It's no accident. 200+ million people and it's always the same names. There's a reason.

Of course I have a choice. I can support some other candidate in the primaries and not vote for Hillary or Jeb in the election, if they are nominated.

Whether they get elected is something else entirely; I have no control over that. All I can control is my vote.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2015, 11:03:44 AM »
Of course I have a choice. I can support some other candidate in the primaries and not vote for Hillary or Jeb in the election, if they are nominated.

Whether they get elected is something else entirely; I have no control over that. All I can control is my vote.

True.  You can also try and educate other voters, one voter at a time. 

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
  • Porsche 911 Turbo Carerra. My reality, your dream.
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2015, 02:01:12 PM »

All US presidents are blood related except ONE.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2015, 05:43:02 PM »
True.  You can also try and educate other voters, one voter at a time. 

Ha...I've had this argument with my friends, especially when they insist they can only have 2 choices.  No, that's because you won't veer off the Dem/Repub shit.  Needless to say, I usually make little progress with them.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2015, 07:47:08 PM »

Ha...I've had this argument with my friends, especially when they insist they can only have 2 choices.  No, that's because you won't veer off the Dem/Repub shit.  Needless to say, I usually make little progress with them.

It's very difficult to help educate true believers, but there are a lot of people who will listen.  I've had success with a number of people.  Not trying to convince them to vote one way or the other, but just helping them understand what some candidates really stand for and how issues affect them. 

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2015, 05:40:15 AM »
bye bye tea party voters.
w

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2015, 11:33:47 AM »

That's about the only thing you can do. When it comes to the election, those are you choices. Crazy to think that since 1989, apart from 2008-2016, you've had 2 families running the entire show.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2015, 11:45:15 AM »
It's very difficult to help educate true believers, but there are a lot of people who will listen.  I've had success with a number of people.  Not trying to convince them to vote one way or the other, but just helping them understand what some candidates really stand for and how issues affect them. 

so true, especially when they are fundamentalist christians

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2015, 12:59:46 PM »
Most of jeb's staff is made up of Bush staff people.  So he HAS to say this.

They all worked hard for reagan/bush, then got rich in private sector during Clinton years.
They all worked hard for Bush2, then got rich working private during Obama years.

Now they all want to be back in power for a bit, and they'll probably get it, repubs like the bush brand.