Author Topic: Muslim Bakery Refuses To Make American Flag Cake For Returning War Veteran  (Read 892 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
And the MSM rips the bakery to shreds, protests everywhere, death threats . . . .

Muslim Bakery Refuses To Make American Flag Cake For Returning War Veteran

AmericanFlagCake

Baahir’s Bakery, a Muslim bakery located in South Bend Indiana is the midst of a media firestorm after they refused to make an American flag sheet cake for a returning Iraq war veteran’s welcome home party.

The family of Joshua Lancaster, a 34 year old war veteran that served 4 tours in Iraq, was thrilled for their beloved soldiers return to his South Bend home on May 7th. Their excitement unfortunately had to take a backseat to the disappointment and frustration they felt upon finding out the local bakery that they had already paid to make an American flag sheet cake had made a last minute decision to refuse to fulfill the Lancaster family’s cake order.

According to the family, the soldier’s mother had arrived at Baahir’s Bakery around 9:00 AM on the day of the welcome home party (May 8th), and was devastated when the employee behind the counter informed her that they do not have the cake because the Bakery’s owner Baahir Ameen had refused to fulfill the order.

Though the bakery promptly produced a full refund for the family, the original order had been placed 5 days prior leaving the family to scramble in order to find a last minute solution. Due to the minimal time available, the only bakery that the family was able to find to fulfill the last minute request was located inside a local grocery chain. The family appreciates the grocery store for accommodating the last minute request; however claim the cake just wasn’t what they had originally hoped and planned for.

Upon receiving abundant criticism from sympathizers of the family, a representative from the bakery made the following statement to Indiana’s local FOX affiliate.

“In Indiana we are protected by the Religious Freedom Restoration Act. Islam is openly against American’s descendant ways; additionally for religious reasons, I firmly disagree with the war in Iraq, therefore, Baahir’s Bakery refuses to contribute to the celebration of these clear abominations. Thankfully we live in a state that allows us this freedom.”

According to Joshua’s sister Beth Lancaster, the reason the family decided to place the order at Baahir’s Bakery, was that in the past she had purchased several breads from the bakery and the family wanted to support a small business. Beth told reporters however, “Never again will that bakery see a penny from our pockets”.

http://nationalreport.net/muslim-bakery-refuses-make-american-flag-cake-returning-war-veterans-party/#sthash.N7Znd6R1.dpuf

ritch

• Getbig V
Total bullshit and way to act to make people like you. They don't need this upon them, on shaky territory as is in terms of public image. Not good...
?

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Fuck these idiots.

Even if you disagree with the war a soldier is following orders and the flag is not a symbol of war.

I hope their business fails.

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
You guys do realize that nationalreport.net is like The Onion, right? With that said, don't, for a moment, think that such "religious freedom" laws won't be used in such ways.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com

bears

• Getbig IV
is this story true?  or not?

either way that's their right.  and it's every person in that town's right to go around telling people to "fuck that bakery, they're a bunch of fucking dicks".  it's called living in a free market.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
You guys do realize that nationalreport.net is like The Onion, right? With that said, don't, for a moment, think that such "religious freedom" laws won't be used in such ways.

Doh!  Now I know.  lol   ;D

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

I didnt know to be honest.

Thanks.

bears

• Getbig IV

I don't get it though it's not funny.  the Onion is obvious with their satire. 

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
I don't get it though it's not funny.  the Onion is obvious with their satire. 

I think that that is the point.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
Liberals know that The Onion is spoof.

Republicans don't realize the same applies to Fox and the like.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
Some of the headlines are funny:

Governor Brown: “I Won’t Shower To Prove How Serious This Drought Is”

Mike Huckabee Vows to ‘Wage War’ on Religion If Elected

Ted Cruz: Vets Should Sell Cookies For Funding, Like Girl Scouts

Comcast Unveils New Customer Service Slogan: “Deal With It”

Megan Fox Advocates Marijuana Use To Calm “Out Of Control Police”

Donald Trump Fined After Wig Maker Reveals Use Of Endangered Species’ Hair

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
LOL come on Dos Equis

ritch

• Getbig V
Just lovely. They would flat out squish your head with a rock in their country if the roles were reversed...
?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
LOL come on Dos Equis

I'd like to know how Bum decided to post this.

What I'm curious about was whether he found this site himself and thought it was real or if the "story" was circulating in the right wing echo chamber (i.e. a bunch of other right wingers thought it was real and it was being aggregated on right wing "news" sites) and that's how he came to post it here.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
LOL come on Dos Equis

What can I say?  They got me.   :D

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
I guess the thing that should have tipped him off is..muslim bakery in South Bend.....
L