Author Topic: Never gonna spot anyone again, ever.  (Read 5488 times)

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
Re: Never gonna spot anyone again, ever.
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2015, 04:24:20 PM »
I also bench in my power rack (going back to the previous squat/spot thread).
If I fail, it rests perfectly on the rails. No need for (stupid) human interaction...

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2015, 04:26:20 PM »
If I fail, it rests perfectly on the rails. No need for (stupid) human interaction...

Best way to bench...
?

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2015, 04:35:53 PM »
Best way to bench...

Another good way is to use lighter weight so you don't need a spotter and have less chance of injury. Or use dumbells.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2015, 06:33:41 PM »
I sure hope the dude in my gym is reading this....

So yeah, in a pretty good mood today, gotta go take a piss between sets. So by the time I get back, it's getting late for my set.

This guy tags me for a spot. I absolutely despise spoting people as it takes too much time. I am quickly reminded of this the second he lies down, gets ready and all that shit... Regretting having said yes already...

Tells me he wants a lift and to follow him, gonna do 3-4 reps with 3 plates a side. Fine, do it, finish, and get back to my own shit...

He just presses the weight up, says "follow me" and since my fingers were not under the bar, he racks the weight and says "never mind"

You fuckin' joker... Follow what exactly??? YOu had not even moved the fuckin' weight one inch you permafatass bulker.

I just paused, said "yeeeeeaaahhhh" in a loud, slow sarcastic way. Kinda how the Boss in office space would say it...

Anyone ever asks me a spot again and that dude is there, will just blurt out "NO and go ask that dude why"

Even let the door close in the face of the person behind me when I left the gym. No more being even remotely polite no more, fuck it, that is abuse of my good will and now it's never gonna come back.

Gonna have to find someone else willing to perform bent over rows while you do your "bench" dipshit.

TL:DR:FY
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2015, 09:32:56 PM »
x 2 on the power rack, use it religiously when training at home, can even purposefully finish on the negative if desired.
If training at works gym I know if my last rep took about 3 times as long to lock out and was almost grinding to a halt the whole way, common sense says not to try for another.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2015, 10:13:58 PM »
I occasionally spot someone who asks for one. It's no big deal really. If I'm spotting them on the bench press, I keep my hands just under the bar so they know it's up to them to lift it and only when they are obviously going to fail do I pitch in and help or rack it for them should they absolutely fail the lift. They don't have to return the favor because I am not into lifting more weight then I know I can handle.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2015, 10:26:41 PM »

I do decline bench presses on the Smith machine and sometime incline bench presses too. It's a really good way to push yourself safely. The gym has a hammer bench press that has independent arms for each side. There is no way you can drop it on your neck strangling yourself. Another benefit of using this equipment is that each side has to do the same work....you can't use your strong side to pick up the slack from your weaker side like in a regular barbell bench.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2015, 01:04:01 AM »
Anyone asks me for a spot I tell them to try lifting a weight they can handle.  Never goes down well, but hey I don't owe some strange gym douchebag anything.
V

Simple Simon

« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2015, 01:08:58 AM »
I dont spot people.

d0nny2600

• Getbig V
  • http://i.imgur.com/mCzI3N5.jpg
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2015, 01:23:20 AM »
If someone (other than two powerlifters in our gym that I'm good friends with) asks me for a spot I just say no, simple as
I just fart...I stand over them and let one out...No one ever asks again

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2015, 02:13:30 AM »
I don't mind spotting but will ask beforehand what type of spot the lifter wants. Some guys don't actually require a spotter but ask for one purely for safety reasons, others will need assistance the moment the bar is unracked...etc

heenok

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2015, 02:15:04 AM »
When you stop some douche on the benchpress you assist him when he fails then you think hes going to rerack the barbell after that but no the retards keeps doing reps after reps and you are fucking upright rowing the bar with full force. People are retarded.

Waller

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2015, 02:43:40 AM »
I just fart...I stand over them and let one out...No one ever asks again

Hi Howard.

d0nny2600

• Getbig V
  • http://i.imgur.com/mCzI3N5.jpg
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2015, 03:23:26 AM »

muscleman-2013

• Getbig V
  • Team Trump
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2015, 04:57:39 AM »
There is always one guy at my gym who asks for a spot. The problem is that he talks my ear off before actually doing the set. Also, he does these crazy drop sets. For instance, he loads up the smith machine with like 8, 10 pound plates (80 pds on each side). Then he begins to do a drop set by removing one 10 pound plate after each set, so hes doing like 8 sets. Shit takes forever.

poor baby
Ψ

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2015, 01:45:19 PM »

poor baby

I think we found the guy here who's a chatter box and loves the drop sets as you described SF1900....
?

galain

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2015, 10:52:09 PM »
i spotted a guy once - no thank you, no acknowledgement at all after the first set so I went back to what I was doing. 5 minutes later I hear this goon whistle and I look up, he's looking at me and goes "Yep", beckons me over and lies down on the bench again.

I kept going with what I was doing and left him there, he sits up looking annoyed and calls out "Now!"

I left him to it but I've seen him since grabbing someone and making them hover around him while he works out.

I've thought I should have gone back and then left him mid set...

Sokolsky

• Getbig IV
  • Sensory receptors succumb
« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2015, 02:28:21 AM »
i spotted a guy once - no thank you, no acknowledgement at all after the first set so I went back to what I was doing. 5 minutes later I hear this goon whistle and I look up, he's looking at me and goes "Yep", beckons me over and lies down on the bench again.

I kept going with what I was doing and left him there, he sits up looking annoyed and calls out "Now!"

I left him to it but I've seen him since grabbing someone and making them hover around him while he works out.

I've thought I should have gone back and then left him mid set...

Sounds like you're unimpressive and his lil bitch.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2015, 02:51:08 AM »

poor baby

Next time you dont have to use so many 10 pound plates, gimmick muscle man 2013.
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2015, 02:52:08 AM »
I think we found the guy here who's a chatter box and loves the drop sets as you described SF1900....

Haha lol yes didn't know he also posted here :-)
X

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2015, 06:00:00 AM »
Answer his question using only angry German language.  He won't ask again. 

galain

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2015, 06:14:14 AM »
Sounds like you're unimpressive and his lil bitch.

Well done. I guess it must have taken you awhile to read my post but it seems as though you got there in the end. Ask your mom to put a gold star on your 'reading chart' for you tonight.

The Italian Lifter

• Getbig IV
  • I need an English dictionary!
« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2015, 10:30:41 AM »
I sure hope the dude in my gym is reading this....

So yeah, in a pretty good mood today, gotta go take a piss between sets. So by the time I get back, it's getting late for my set.

This guy tags me for a spot. I absolutely despise spoting people as it takes too much time. I am quickly reminded of this the second he lies down, gets ready and all that shit... Regretting having said yes already...

Tells me he wants a lift and to follow him, gonna do 3-4 reps with 3 plates a side. Fine, do it, finish, and get back to my own shit...

He just presses the weight up, says "follow me" and since my fingers were not under the bar, he racks the weight and says "never mind"

You fuckin' joker... Follow what exactly??? YOu had not even moved the fuckin' weight one inch you permafatass bulker.

I just paused, said "yeeeeeaaahhhh" in a loud, slow sarcastic way. Kinda how the Boss in office space would say it...

Anyone ever asks me a spot again and that dude is there, will just blurt out "NO and go ask that dude why"

Even let the door close in the face of the person behind me when I left the gym. No more being even remotely polite no more, fuck it, that is abuse of my good will and now it's never gonna come back.

Gonna have to find someone else willing to perform bent over rows while you do your "bench" dipshit.

when someone new ask me to spot him I always pretend to be deaf and not too sharp (this is the easy part): they just let the thing fall and usually ask somebody else  ;D
North of Italy

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #48 on: May 13, 2015, 10:35:10 AM »
Smith machine. My days of using a regular bench are long gone.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2015, 10:37:39 AM »
when someone new ask me to spot him I always pretend to be deaf and not too sharp (this is the easy part): they just let the thing fall and usually ask somebody else  ;D

oh trust me! I play the role you mention to the core. Was out of character for a few mins, got caught, sure as hell won't happen again.
?