Author Topic: Never gonna spot anyone again, ever.  (Read 5485 times)

ritch

• Getbig V
Never gonna spot anyone again, ever.
« on: May 11, 2015, 01:42:02 PM »
I sure hope the dude in my gym is reading this....

So yeah, in a pretty good mood today, gotta go take a piss between sets. So by the time I get back, it's getting late for my set.

This guy tags me for a spot. I absolutely despise spoting people as it takes too much time. I am quickly reminded of this the second he lies down, gets ready and all that shit... Regretting having said yes already...

Tells me he wants a lift and to follow him, gonna do 3-4 reps with 3 plates a side. Fine, do it, finish, and get back to my own shit...

He just presses the weight up, says "follow me" and since my fingers were not under the bar, he racks the weight and says "never mind"

You fuckin' joker... Follow what exactly??? YOu had not even moved the fuckin' weight one inch you permafatass bulker.

I just paused, said "yeeeeeaaahhhh" in a loud, slow sarcastic way. Kinda how the Boss in office space would say it...

Anyone ever asks me a spot again and that dude is there, will just blurt out "NO and go ask that dude why"

Even let the door close in the face of the person behind me when I left the gym. No more being even remotely polite no more, fuck it, that is abuse of my good will and now it's never gonna come back.

Gonna have to find someone else willing to perform bent over rows while you do your "bench" dipshit.

?

Svengoolie

• Getbig IV
Re: Never gonna spot anyone again, ever.
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2015, 01:43:43 PM »
I dont ask for spots if I'm working alone, since I don't want to bother anyone or use weight that I can't handle by myself. But I'd hope you would be nice to me if I see you and say hello from Svengoolie.

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2015, 01:45:32 PM »
Agreed. What these fatasses mean is "can you lift 312 lbs off me while I crush 3lbs." Go to the pec dec fairy.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2015, 01:46:10 PM »
There is always one guy at my gym who asks for a spot. The problem is that he talks my ear off before actually doing the set. Also, he does these crazy drop sets. For instance, he loads up the smith machine with like 8, 10 pound plates (80 pds on each side). Then he begins to do a drop set by removing one 10 pound plate after each set, so hes doing like 8 sets. Shit takes forever.
X

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2015, 01:47:17 PM »
Agreed. What these fatasses mean is "can you lift 312 lbs off me while I crush 3lbs." Go to the pec dec fairy.

pretty sure he fucked off to some machine after... was not gonna start checking everything he does, nothing to see or learn from other than how to "not do an exercise..."
?

pissant

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2015, 01:48:15 PM »
always the weakest and dumbest fucks who ask for spots.

Remeber one time a tthe gym the PT was trying to show off. dude is small as fuck always walking around with invis lats and chest out mean mugging me. Anyways he goes and loads the bar with 3 plates on each side....Goes down for 1 rep and he cant get it back up LOL. Was only me and 2 other people in the gym, i pretended like i didnt see or hear shit(headphones of peace) and the 2 other retards ran to his aid. was the best fucking thing ive ever seen.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2015, 01:48:51 PM »
Lol when this happens to me I let it sit on their chest for a minute. They either rack it or try again and I let it sit a little longer.

Don't let the clowns get to you bro.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2015, 01:49:17 PM »
There is always one guy at my gym who asks for a spot. The problem is that he talks my ear off before actually doing the set. Also, he does these crazy drop sets. For instance, he loads up the smith machine with like 8, 10 pound plates (80 pds on each side). Then he begins to do a drop set by removing one 10 pound plate after each set, so hes doing like 8 sets. Shit takes forever.

His problem should not be your problem. the purpose of drop sets is to not have to ask for a spotter I thought, lol... That is just some dude who needs attention. That drop set is just youtube material, lol...
?

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2015, 01:51:56 PM »
I don't spot anyone unless i know them.

It's awesome when some asshole asks for a spot on bench and you end up getting a dead lift workout.  This one guy always asks me for a spot on bench when he sees me.  He will load up 405-430 and want to do 5 forced reps with it.  I had to tell him to fuck off a while back, thought i was going to hurt my back spotting this asshole.  The funny thing is he can only bench 350 once without a "spot" and this fucker wants to load 430 on there.

I can't remember the last time i asked for a spot.

8)

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2015, 01:52:34 PM »
Did you at least get to put your cock in his face?

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2015, 01:54:24 PM »
Lol when this happens to me I let it sit on their chest for a minute. They either rack it or try again and I let it sit a little longer.

Don't let the clowns get to you bro.

Trust me, I was just waiting to be able to let that happen say if were to...
?

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2015, 01:55:05 PM »
If you know someone is a training imbecile and asks you to spot him with heavy a weight, just do what I do... say you blew your lower back out and you're not able to do it safely.

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2015, 01:55:10 PM »
just tell them that you wont help them with more than one 'forced rep' and they'll usually pick another dude

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2015, 01:55:29 PM »

No, which is why I may volunteer for round two after all...
?

Azzaro

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2015, 01:56:18 PM »

Hahaha!

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2015, 01:58:39 PM »
just tell them that you wont help them with more than one 'forced rep' and they'll usually pick another dude

Actually had to say that to one person. He trains everything in 1/10th of a rep range (not joking, but he's pretty huge....)

And the guy is like 6'3 would have me pick up an ez bar with 245 off the floor and place it in his extended arms while lying on a bench. Fuck man, I'd be seeing stars after that and would weaken my arms for my next set. Told him I was done with that shit. Would kill my wrists and to find some other guy to spot him.
?

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2015, 02:01:22 PM »

So yeah, in a pretty good mood today, gotta go take a piss between sets. So by the time I get back, it's getting late for my set.

This guy tags me for a spot. I absolutely despise spoting people as it takes too much time. I am quickly reminded of this the second he lies down, gets ready and all that shit... Regretting having said yes already...

Tells me he wants a lift and to follow him, gonna do 3-4 reps with 3 plates a side. Fine, do it, finish, and get back to my own shit...

He just presses the weight up, says "follow me" and since my fingers were not under the bar, he racks the weight and says "never mind"

You fuckin' joker... Follow what exactly??? YOu had not even moved the fuckin' weight one inch you permafatass bulker.

I just paused, said "yeeeeeaaahhhh" in a loud, slow sarcastic way. Kinda how the Boss in office space would say it...

Anyone ever asks me a spot again and that dude is there, will just blurt out "NO and go ask that dude why"

Even let the door close in the face of the person behind me when I left the gym. No more being even remotely polite no more, fuck it, that is abuse of my good will and now it's never gonna come back.

Gonna have to find someone else willing to perform bent over rows while you do your "bench" dipshit.

Sounds like you love the cock.
P

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2015, 02:03:02 PM »
Sounds like you love the cock.

Well geez, why else would I be here??? Not may chicks around and the one's who are here probably have a bigger cock than me.
?

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2015, 02:04:21 PM »
I spotted some giant permabulker once, for two sets, and the fucker doesnt even acknowledge me with a "thank you". Just totally ignored me. I hope he asks me again, as if my anxiety isnt kicking in i will politely say, "sorry man, you didnt even bother to thank me for the last time i stopped my workout to spot you, so no thank you"

Sokolsky

• Getbig IV
  • Sensory receptors succumb
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2015, 02:05:47 PM »
I spotted some giant permabulker once, for two sets, and the fucker doesnt even acknowledge me with a "thank you". Just totally ignored me. I hope he asks me again, as if my anxiety isnt kicking in i will politely say, "sorry man, you didnt even bother to thank me for the last time i stopped my workout to spot you, so no thank you"

Do you want to talk about it?

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2015, 02:56:26 PM »
I stopped doing BB benching partly so I wouldn't ever have to ask a random gym cockmonkey to spot me and risk getting hurt. I would never ego lift and always had total control but sometimes my left shoulder shuts down and I need to end the set prematurely.

I never do forced reps , but if for whatever reason my shoulder gives out at the end of the set, I would explain that I need the weight racked ASAP and don't make me 'work it' - no forced rep just help me rack it.

instead they would almost always make me work through that last 4" in excruciating pain as my shoulder caves in on itself and I cant lift for the following two weeks.

DBs solve that problem nicely

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2015, 03:57:59 PM »
If you need a spot,you`re going too heavy.

I used to spot this guy on inclines with 305..........he`d do one sloppy rep and I`d upright row it for the next 4 reps.   :(

Fuck that noise!

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2015, 04:05:25 PM »
If someone (other than two powerlifters in our gym that I'm good friends with) asks me for a spot I just say no, simple as

TestDummy

• Getbig IV
  • 5%
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2015, 04:06:49 PM »

Sounds like the tren is kicking in....

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2015, 04:14:01 PM »
Sounds like the tren is kicking in....

not sure I will ever allow myself to use that stuff, never used it, not sure I ever will.

@Mr Thong, that would suck. People today suck. 0 eye contact made when handshakes are done, texting on their phones as they talk to you on the side, fuck man, what the hell is this shit???
?