Author Topic: Kava  (Read 18982 times)

Hulk-smash!

• Getbig IV
  • All the muscle in the world!
Kava
« on: May 14, 2015, 04:08:39 PM »
I've read sooo many threads/posts claiming kava is a weak/bunk supplement that I have to stick up for my beloved mud.  The primary reason people who first try kava don't get alot out of it is kava has a high frequency of reverse tolerance.  Meaning the more often you drink it the more effect your going to get from it, until a point.  It didn't take me long (a few days) & I was definitely feeling it.  The secondary reason is once kava roots have been dried and ground the potency is dramatically lowered.  In the south pacific (Hawaii, Fiji, Tonga, Tahiti, Vanuatu, etc.) where kava is farmed (and grows wild) the freshly harvested & ground kava will knock you down unconscious if you drink a tiny amount of the dried powder thats consumed in other parts of the world.  If obtained from a good source, kava will put you on EZ street as expounded in the below cut & paste.

The strongest kava ive EVER had is this AMAZING extract that is --and holy fuck it is so strong. supposedly 1 teaspoon is equal to 2 large traditional kava bowls. all I can say is that I could never even finish a brew made with half a teaspoon. half way through I was WAYYYYYYYYYYY tooo high.. kava can get you REALLY fucking floored actualy.. if you make it right and drink enough (alot if you have pure root powder).  But if you cant find that any other "micronized" kavas are the very best. I take 2 big spoonsfull drop it into some water stir for 2 seconds and gulmp down. tongue, face, entire head and whole body go REALLY numb within Minutes. it feels slightly stoney for sure like weed, it feels Super relaxing almost identical to klonopin, has an almost opiate like euphoria, and best of all it has the SLIGHTEST psychedelic edge like it makes things look more vivid. kinda feels like the later part of a mushroom trip.  I sat there for about 4 hours!!!!!!!!! i was like wtf why isn't this working? all the sudden i ran to the bathroom puked so hard the visuals just EXPLODED in all directions-never had a more visual trip-NEVER had such a laid back COMPLETELY anxiety free experience in my life. someone could have walked in with a knife and stabbed me and i would not have cared.  (fijians have a saying that if you drink too much kava the ground will come up to meet you) dont underestimate this plant it can REALLY fuck you up. even if your tolerant to benzos and the like.  Oh and sorry I have to correct someone a few posts up (unless they were purposly playing a joke on someone) NEVER NEVER EVER EVER put your kava in milk. it makes ALL the bad flavors come out a million times worse. in plain water-i rather like the taste especialy since you go numb almost instantly like coke.

Kava = AMAZING!!!
I

Hulk-smash!

• Getbig IV
Re: Kava
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2015, 08:23:42 AM »
I

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2015, 09:51:16 AM »
tried it from many sources.. did NOTHING for me.. other than make my wallet lighter

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2015, 12:21:37 PM »

Didn't know you could extract kava from these babies.

Hulk-smash!

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2015, 07:21:10 AM »
tried it from many sources.. did NOTHING for me.. other than make my wallet lighter

Grinch - research REVERSE TOLERANCE.  For some people (you) it takes a while of constant use before you notice the wonderful effects.  Once you experience it you'll never stop using it.
I

Hulk-smash!

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2015, 04:00:08 PM »
Put (2) teaspoons of this stuff in a glass of water & slam.  W/in 10mins you'll be sitting down if you haven't fallen down.

http://www.worldseedsupply.com/product/piper-methysticum-kava-kava-70-kavalactones-powder-extract/
I

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2015, 12:22:31 PM »
I drink kava quite a bit.

good vendors are

bulakavahouse.com

kavabyrex.com

paradisekava.com

The dry root works, there is both clinical research and my experiences and those I have given it to. You can go overboard with it, I have had some hangovers and have woken up 16 hours later in the same position.

The actives are pretty strong compounds, kavain and DHM are strong compounds with recreational usage.

It's awesome after working out, great for anxiety and good for sleep. It's not addictive, although i do notice some trouble sleeping if I take it too often and stop abruptly. The form matters as well, of the 11 noble cultivars (reputable strains) most are divided into light kavas (those with more kavain) or tuday or two day kavas (really means it contains FKB but indicates higher DHM, the muscle relaxant).

Kava is on par with cannabis for effects for me.

Analon

• Getbig I
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2015, 11:49:23 PM »
Kava is banned in where I live ( Poland ) :(

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2015, 01:59:47 AM »
I drink kava quite a bit.

good vendors are

bulakavahouse.com

kavabyrex.com

paradisekava.com

The dry root works, there is both clinical research and my experiences and those I have given it to. You can go overboard with it, I have had some hangovers and have woken up 16 hours later in the same position.

The actives are pretty strong compounds, kavain and DHM are strong compounds with recreational usage.

It's awesome after working out, great for anxiety and good for sleep. It's not addictive, although i do notice some trouble sleeping if I take it too often and stop abruptly. The form matters as well, of the 11 noble cultivars (reputable strains) most are divided into light kavas (those with more kavain) or tuday or two day kavas (really means it contains FKB but indicates higher DHM, the muscle relaxant).

Kava is on par with cannabis for effects for me.

Can you provide more detail?  I'm looking for a comparable product in Canada.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2015, 05:51:17 AM »

Can you provide more detail?  I'm looking for a comparable product in Canada.

Ya man,

Go to bulakavahouse.com

I would suggest the boroguru, nambawan, fu'u or the 11 year old micronized (this may be somethign called tuday, which has strong actives but is a little harder on the liver).

They ship to canada and are reputable, I have ordered over 10 times.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2015, 02:49:02 PM »
Thanks. Reading up.

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2015, 08:27:38 PM »
For anxiety, does this work for Work purposes, ie. like can you preform while using it?
Also, any long term sides ?

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2015, 05:25:40 AM »
For anxiety, does this work for Work purposes, ie. like can you preform while using it?
Also, any long term sides ?

You can, it depends on dosage, strain. If you are looking or something to take your anxiety down, try botanica brand kava kava pills (they are actually liquid lactones like the drink). Each has 75mgs, a bowl from the powder is 500-1500mgs. 150MGS in the AM and 150mgs in pm (2 pills am 2 pills pm) would be really helpful imo.

it's main lactone, kavain actually enhances cognition, it was compared to benzos for this effect. It's addictive potential is zero, it's very mild and works in a manner which lends itself to long term usage. Might want to do some liver function tests, however, it would be far fetched.

fatigue over time may become an issue, other then that it's pretty safe.

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2015, 07:51:07 AM »
You can, it depends on dosage, strain. If you are looking or something to take your anxiety down, try botanica brand kava kava pills (they are actually liquid lactones like the drink). Each has 75mgs, a bowl from the powder is 500-1500mgs. 150MGS in the AM and 150mgs in pm (2 pills am 2 pills pm) would be really helpful imo.

it's main lactone, kavain actually enhances cognition, it was compared to benzos for this effect. It's addictive potential is zero, it's very mild and works in a manner which lends itself to long term usage. Might want to do some liver function tests, however, it would be far fetched.

fatigue over time may become an issue, other then that it's pretty safe.

you talking about this?

http://www.amazon.com/Botanic-Choice-Kava-Tablets-Pack/dp/B001ANVDCK

has complete shit reviews ?

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2015, 09:56:30 AM »
you talking about this?

http://www.amazon.com/Botanic-Choice-Kava-Tablets-Pack/dp/B001ANVDCK

has complete shit reviews ?

nope..

This.

http://www.botanicahealth.com/product/kava-root-liquid-phytocaps/

The only problem with measuring overall lactone content is that it is highly skewed towards kavain, not necessarily a bad thing. They often say full spectrum of lactones however, the heavier double bonded lactones like DHM are low which makes them less sedating.

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Cruising on caffeine and blasting with melatonin
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2015, 10:44:22 AM »
I've had it several times with various results....

First time I had it was the strongest experience. Felt great eliminated any and all anxiety, nerves etc... Then mildly subdued for the next three days (no shit) It was like taking a toke from a joint and having that buzz last 3 days. Other times were far more mild to almost no noticable effects. Last time I had a couple of cups it had more of an energetic effect.... I read from several sources that it can be hard on the liver. I have it about once every two or three months. It's not a bad experience but its inconsistent and it tastes like muddy water.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2015, 04:50:26 AM »
I've had it several times with various results....

First time I had it was the strongest experience. Felt great eliminated any and all anxiety, nerves etc... Then mildly subdued for the next three days (no shit) It was like taking a toke from a joint and having that buzz last 3 days. Other times were far more mild to almost no noticable effects. Last time I had a couple of cups it had more of an energetic effect.... I read from several sources that it can be hard on the liver. I have it about once every two or three months. It's not a bad experience but its inconsistent and it tastes like muddy water.

That;s the strain effect man. Kava's from vanuatu are generally the best, but fiji, hawaii, tonga, solomon islands etc all have different kavas. Sounds like you had a Tuday (two day), it has lactones that last forever, they aren't for regular consumption. Some are heady, you can get heady kavas as strong as the body centered ones, my vision goes double and my eye muscles won't work.

Another way to get a good effect is order the actual root in chew form, small rootlets that you chew, you get a stronger effect, no nausea and it's super quick.

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2015, 01:44:19 PM »
great to see getbiggers using Kava.

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2015, 02:55:16 PM »
Put (2) teaspoons of this stuff in a glass of water & slam.  W/in 10mins you'll be sitting down if you haven't fallen down.

http://www.worldseedsupply.com/product/piper-methysticum-kava-kava-70-kavalactones-powder-extract/

very pricey surely, how long does an ounce or two last you?

I got kava from kona kava store a few times, pretty good.

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Cruising on caffeine and blasting with melatonin
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2015, 08:39:48 AM »
That;s the strain effect man. Kava's from vanuatu are generally the best, but fiji, hawaii, tonga, solomon islands etc all have different kavas. Sounds like you had a Tuday (two day), it has lactones that last forever, they aren't for regular consumption. Some are heady, you can get heady kavas as strong as the body centered ones, my vision goes double and my eye muscles won't work.

Another way to get a good effect is order the actual root in chew form, small rootlets that you chew, you get a stronger effect, no nausea and it's super quick.

Thanks I'll give that a shot.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2015, 09:41:32 AM »
Thanks I'll give that a shot.

Realkava.com sells bundles, they work the best, but the taste/numbness puts people off.

It's the best way to consume it in my opinion, unless you have fresh ground root.

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2015, 03:03:56 PM »
bundle means the whole root does it? if so how do you prepare that for consumption?

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2015, 03:07:05 PM »
I read below, how much do you chew then to get a good effect...

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2015, 03:36:32 PM »
just ordered a 1lb of ground root from realkava thanks for the link.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2015, 06:06:48 PM »
I read below, how much do you chew then to get a good effect...

One to two rootlets will have an effect, 4-5 for sedation.

It's cool because you can take them with you and they give significant relief in 15 minutes. No preparation needed, at realkava they have them cut for chewing, just chew the root, swallow the juice and spit, and not the pulp. Your mouth should be completely numb doing this.