Author Topic: Rick Perry to announce presidential run June 4 in Dallas  (Read 934 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Rick Perry to announce presidential run June 4 in Dallas
« on: May 15, 2015, 08:49:32 AM »
He could win this nomination.  Easily in the top 3.

Source: Dallas Morning News

Former Gov. Rick Perry has chosen Dallas to officially declare his second run for the Republican presidential nomination in three weeks.

For months Perry has said that he would announce his decision in May or June. But his constant travel to the early contest states of Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina and Florida has left little doubt of his intentions.

Perry joins a burgeoning field of contenders, including fellow Texan Sen. Ted Cruz.

The announcement was made via the Twitter account of his wife, Anita.

Read more: http://trailblazersblog.dallasnews.com/2015/05/rick-perry-to-announce-presidential-run-june-4-in-dallas.html/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Rick Perry to announce presidential run June 4 in Dallas
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2015, 08:53:14 AM »
lol

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2015, 09:03:36 AM »
lol

i'm serious. Reasons Perry can win?

He was a governor for a long time.  Gov > Senate when it comes to preparing to be president.  You essentially run a mini-country, and TX is a very big one.

"OOPS" - He's been there before.  He's fallen on his face.  he can laugh about it.  he won't be nervous at the debates, he's done them all before.

Appearance - He looks like president.  the hair, the face, the height, the stance.  that matters.

experience - he's the elder statesman in the room against cruz, rubio, rand.   He's got 10-15 years in governing and national level policy/spotlight that they do not.  mccain won in 2008 because he said nothing while romney/rudy screamed "lib!" at each other, remember?   Perry smart enouogh to chill when its time.

fearless - he will literally drink a few shots then give a 25 minute speech.  he did it.  He gives no fcks.  He will make that casual one-liner that a Paul Ryan or Rand, with 30 more years of politics ahead of them, will hold back.

issues - Perry is the master of pretending to be a tea partier while at the same time crying for the cause of the moderate RINOs.  see how artfully he patrolled the border with a machine gun to keep those damn illegals out - and then chided Obama for not doing enough to protect the illegals piping in.  "those deaths are on your hands, Mr Obama!"

i love cruz and don't really like perry, but you put them side by side, and on the eye test, the "30 seconds of speaking" test, unfortunately, Perry will have a huge advantage.  Cruz will have to deliver the right words to overcome that presidential LOOK that Perry certainly has.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2015, 10:08:00 AM »
He could win this nomination.  Easily in the top 3.

Source: Dallas Morning News

Former Gov. Rick Perry has chosen Dallas to officially declare his second run for the Republican presidential nomination in three weeks.

For months Perry has said that he would announce his decision in May or June. But his constant travel to the early contest states of Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina and Florida has left little doubt of his intentions.

Perry joins a burgeoning field of contenders, including fellow Texan Sen. Ted Cruz.

The announcement was made via the Twitter account of his wife, Anita.

Read more: http://trailblazersblog.dallasnews.com/2015/05/rick-perry-to-announce-presidential-run-june-4-in-dallas.html/

???

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2015, 03:52:05 PM »
PERRY: I WASN’T ‘HEALTHY’ OR ‘PREPARED’ IN 2012, YOU’LL SEE ‘VERY DIFFERENT PERSON’

Former Texas Governor and prospective GOP presidential candidate Rick Perry stated that if he runs for president “people are going to see a very different person” and that he “wasn’t healthy, I wasn’t prepared” back in 2012 on Friday’s “Sean Hannity Show.”

Perry said, “If I do decide to run this race for the presidency, Sean, people are going to see a very different person than they saw back in 2011, 2012. I wasn’t healthy, I wasn’t prepared. And I’ve spent the last three years in deep preparation so that if I did decide to make that decision, people would see a very, very different, focused, disciplined candidate.”

Perry then touted the importance of preparation and executive experience and touted his handling of the state’s Ebola scare in 2014, contrasting his quick appointment of someone to handle the crisis as opposed to President Obama’s delay in appointing an “Ebola czar,” who gave people “no confidence.”

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2015, 04:39:12 PM »
Admitting he wasn't healthy or prepared last time = Dead Man Walking right out of the gate this time (not that he has a prayer anyway)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2015, 06:49:36 PM »
PERRY: I WASN’T ‘HEALTHY’ OR ‘PREPARED’ IN 2012, YOU’LL SEE ‘VERY DIFFERENT PERSON’

Former Texas Governor and prospective GOP presidential candidate Rick Perry stated that if he runs for president “people are going to see a very different person” and that he “wasn’t healthy, I wasn’t prepared” back in 2012 on Friday’s “Sean Hannity Show.”

Perry said, “If I do decide to run this race for the presidency, Sean, people are going to see a very different person than they saw back in 2011, 2012. I wasn’t healthy, I wasn’t prepared. And I’ve spent the last three years in deep preparation so that if I did decide to make that decision, people would see a very, very different, focused, disciplined candidate.”

Perry then touted the importance of preparation and executive experience and touted his handling of the state’s Ebola scare in 2014, contrasting his quick appointment of someone to handle the crisis as opposed to President Obama’s delay in appointing an “Ebola czar,” who gave people “no confidence.”

No chance. 

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2015, 07:40:58 PM »
oops
w

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2015, 08:51:46 PM »

He seems prepared, that silver-tongued devil. "if I decide to make that decision"... Rick Perry's chance was 2012, and he blew it not because he was unhealthy or unprepared, but because he was a pompous, arrogant ass who thought that he could walk on that stage, in his cowboy boots and his well coiffed hair, and everybody would bow down and worship him.

Instead what happened is that he couldn't articulate his positions - such as they are - and he was emasculated by Mitt Romney, of all people. Remember this?

I don't how other perceive him but this is the image that springs to my mind when the name Perry is mentioned, and what I hear is "now now Ricky. You know it's not polite to point. I'm going to have to send you to bed without dessert tonight and your X-Box privileges are suspended."

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2015, 11:07:52 PM »
not a lot of repubs can beat hilary.  Perry can.

I tell ya, he's being underestimated.  If you put a better brain in him - he already looks presidential, he's already a texas repub governor...

correct, he was unprepared in 2012.  And correct, he sure didn't look healthy in 2012... remember that drunken speech he gave?  dude was lackluster mentally.  You put him on Adderall, daily smoothies, and have him study the issues for the past 4 years... he is going to be a beast in those debates.  

I don't get all the repubs hating on Perry.  He's a chronic underachiever.  If dude ever brings his "A" game, look out... he looks better than everyone else up there... if he brings decent answers and doesn't step in dog shit, he could win this thing.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2015, 05:10:45 AM »

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2015, 08:50:40 AM »
not a lot of repubs can beat hilary.  Perry can.

I tell ya, he's being underestimated.  If you put a better brain in him - he already looks presidential, he's already a texas repub governor...

correct, he was unprepared in 2012.  And correct, he sure didn't look healthy in 2012... remember that drunken speech he gave?  dude was lackluster mentally.  You put him on Adderall, daily smoothies, and have him study the issues for the past 4 years... he is going to be a beast in those debates.  

I don't get all the repubs hating on Perry.  He's a chronic underachiever.  If dude ever brings his "A" game, look out... he looks better than everyone else up there... if he brings decent answers and doesn't step in dog shit, he could win this thing.

I agree that he looks the part; no argument there. I also agree that he has a leg up on all these Senators in the race. But I just don't see him winning the nomination.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2015, 08:57:06 AM »
I agree that he looks the part; no argument there. I also agree that he has a leg up on all these Senators in the race. But I just don't see him winning the nomination.

he was immature, unprepared and didn't know his positions last time.

I tell ya, he gets on the smoothies for better skin and health.
he gets on the adderall for the faster mental powers.
he reads daily and learns the WHY behind the positions he's holding.

and he will be dangerous on the debate stage.  all answers fairly equal, the taller, better looking man wins.  it's broscience.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2015, 06:08:36 PM »

Agree.  Never going to happen.