Author Topic: T3 experience?  (Read 6303 times)

TEMPER

• Getbig III
T3 experience?
« on: May 19, 2015, 06:52:20 PM »
Went from 200-220 on my recent cycle. Have a family thing at the end of next month leaving me roughly 6 weeks to tighten up considerably.

Dropped dbol and drol.

Added var / masteron

Same calories and training but gonna add HIIT and T3. Clen and -500 cals on HIIT days. Tighten up a bit.

Anyone have any experience with T3? Any advices are appreciated.

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
Re: T3 experience?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2015, 10:15:12 PM »
start with 50mcg ed
adjust as needed
dont go above 100mcg unless on loads of gear

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2015, 10:44:11 PM »
stuff totally flattens you out. 50mcg is a great start. Gives me energy big time. As Jizmo recommends, not over 100mcg. My favorite t3's were from liquid companies as you can slowly dose up.
?

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2015, 06:38:30 AM »
stuff totally flattens you out. 50mcg is a great start. Gives me energy big time. As Jizmo recommends, not over 100mcg. My favorite t3's were from liquid companies as you can slowly dose up.

I used some RC from a reputable source and while bloodworkshowed my tsh and what not was off/high, i was running 75-100 and it didnt do much for me. Was likely really under dosed

Novena

• Getbig IV
  • "commonsense" shields us from the pain of thinking
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2015, 07:24:40 AM »
Watch the Blood Pressure.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2015, 08:38:26 AM »
I used some RC from a reputable source and while bloodworkshowed my tsh and what not was off/high, i was running 75-100 and it didnt do much for me. Was likely really under dosed

Not the first time I hear of poor quality stuff from such places, but i had really good experiences with the stuff. The AI's, clen, T3 were all good. Just not the peptides.
?

Diesel618

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2015, 09:03:14 AM »
thyroid meds are cheap enough go pharma. When you're dealing with mcg's, you can really get your dose off by just not shaking the bottle enough when using research chems. Also 50 mcg T3 is a lot. I would start at 25 but that's just me. I'm using bitiron at the moment at 1 tab a day. (12.5 mcg T3, 50 mcg T4) and having great results staying lean and eating a ton.

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2015, 11:54:12 AM »
thyroid meds are cheap enough go pharma. When you're dealing with mcg's, you can really get your dose off by just not shaking the bottle enough when using research chems. Also 50 mcg T3 is a lot. I would start at 25 but that's just me. I'm using bitiron at the moment at 1 tab a day. (12.5 mcg T3, 50 mcg T4) and having great results staying lean and eating a ton.

that dosage is stupid
t4 is inactive and does nothing unless youre hypothyroid
12.5mcg t3 is half of what you produce naturally.
some people claim exogenous t3 doesnt shut down natural t3 and just adds to it but thats a myth imo.

youre pretty much doing nothing by taking these dosages. (UNLESS youre on GH too, then t4 has its place, but different story).

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2015, 01:06:41 PM »
Don't get those research med shit.  Get real t3 at 25 microgram doses. 

do it this way.  5 days at 25, 5 days at 50, 5 days at 75, 10 days at 100, 5 days at 75, 5 days at 50, 5 days at 25.  run some ECA along with it.

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2015, 02:02:11 PM »
no need to taper with t3^

efanhowz

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2015, 09:50:37 PM »
when i stacked my t3 with pharma t4 at 150mcg it made a DRAMATIC increase in effects. you can get a bottle of t4 100 count for 8$. could be bro science but ive heard to stack t4 at 3x the dose of your t3

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2015, 11:44:06 PM »
when i stacked my t3 with pharma t4 at 150mcg it made a DRAMATIC increase in effects. you can get a bottle of t4 100 count for 8$. could be bro science but ive heard to stack t4 at 3x the dose of your t3
placebo unless you were on GH
t4 is INACTIVE
it does nothing in the body.
it needs to be converted into t3 and your body only does that when theres a shortage of t3.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2015, 08:07:35 AM »
no need to taper with t3^

Yes there is.

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2015, 10:45:21 AM »
Yes there is.
no there is not.

and there is not a single scientific explanation why tapering would make any sense at all.

complete broscience myth.

25mcg is already a replacement dosage. your thyroid stops natural t3 production from taking 25mcg exogenous t3 a day.
same with 50mcg, 75 etc.
tapering is completely useless if you taper from supraphysiological dosages to EVEN HIGHER supraphysiological dosages and back.

and you dont need any taper to avoid "side effects" or "get used to it" because there are no sides from t3. (unless youre retarded and take 100mcg+ in one go)

tatoo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2015, 03:46:22 PM »
no there is not.

and there is not a single scientific explanation why tapering would make any sense at all.

25mcg is already a replacement dosage. your thyroid stops natural t3 production from taking 25mcg exogenous t3 a day.
same with 50mcg, 75 etc.
tapering is completely useless if you taper from supraphysiological dosages to EVEN HIGHER supraphysiological dosages and back.

and you dont need any taper to avoid "side effects" or "get used to it" because there are no sides from t3. (unless youre retarded and take 100mcg+ in one go)

what sort of side effects are you talking about at 100mcg or more all in one dose??

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2015, 11:12:11 PM »
what sort of side effects are you talking about at 100mcg or more all in one dose??
if 100mcg hit your body at once then prepare for a good deal of sweating and instant flatness
about an hour after dosing you start sweating for no reason and heat up real bad

dont take more than 50mcg in one go... 75max
ive used up to 200mcg a day and dosing more than 75mcg is very unpleasant

plastic

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2015, 12:15:56 AM »
Discussion around T4 and T3... makes for good discussion.

Its important that  blood profile of thyroid levels are relevant to the specific individual and important to remember . So, now to add..  triiodothyronine (T3) and its pro hormone thyroxine (T4) are thyrosine based hormones produced by the thyroid gland . The ratio of T4 to T3 resealed into the blood is roughly 20 to 1. T4 is converted to  the active T3. Long way of saying that Jizmo may be right in terms of conversion. Trying dosages of thyroid medication without Thyroid Functioning Test (specific thyroid blood test) is a bit like roulette sometimes you win and sometimes you don't. Dial that bitch in (your thyroid levels) and get some bloodwork done. You would do it for test so why not thyroid. Easy information at Wikipedia if you want an easy source to read without further research. Also to mention in terms of T3 production consider dietary selenium. But do your own reading on that one. I just eat healthy as I become a fat fuck if I don't due to thyroid, even with medication! Don't fuck it up with random dosages of medication.... once the thyroid fucks up think good year blimp with backed up cables of shit inside you that can't budge. No matter how well you eat : ) I was training 4 X per week with sufficient cardio also (and fighting lethargy and cognitive functioning issues along the way) and put on 11 kg of fat (with gluten free and paleo diet) doc stated "mmm something wrong with that" and my thyroid journey started.

m7

• Getbig I
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2015, 12:29:00 AM »
Jizmo, do you take t3 on an empty stomach and how long to wait for food after taking it, or doesnt it matter?

Thanks

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2015, 01:01:46 AM »
Jizmo, do you take t3 on an empty stomach and how long to wait for food after taking it, or doesnt it matter?

Thanks

ive actually done quite a bit of research on that subject, since T4 says not to take it with food and definitely stay away from calcium salts (in supplements) for at least 4 hours before and after taking t4...

nobody knew it this was the case for t3 too, but then i noticed that t3 was actually usually pressed in pills that used some kind of calcium salt as a filler lol (its liothyronine SODIUM after all and the filler is always some kind of calcium mixture).

so with t3 it probably doesnt matter.

t4 might lose partial effect if you take it with calcium / food. not sure if only supplemental calcium or calcium from dairy also effects this...
probably has to do something with calcium salts inhibiting the conversion from t4 to t3.

however since t3 is already "active" by itself it shouldnt matter at all. i never noticed a difference either.

i usually take it before getting up in the morning and then in the evening again, whenever i think of it. usually away from food but i dont really care. shouldnt make a difference at all with t3.

plastic

• Getbig II
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2015, 02:07:04 AM »
Gizmo is correct regarding empty stomach. T4 med on empty stomach and no food/calcium for 1 hr after is what was prescribed to me. So T4 apon waking then train then eat. It makes sense that T3  works in a similar manner. Forums regarding hypothyroid patients suggest that this is the case. And most comment that going  by the empty stomach rule is most effective method of administration.

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2015, 02:21:44 AM »
nono, t3 doesnt need to be taken on empty stomach.
i think you got me wrong here.

of course absorption is a bit faster, but t3 does NOT get bound / rendered ineffective whatsoever by taking it on a stomach full of food!
i just take it first thing in the morning out of habit.

t4 acts like a prohormone, it has to be converted to t3 to become active first.
calcium can hinder this conversion.

t3 is active as it is. no matter when / with what you take it.

plastic

• Getbig II
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2015, 05:34:58 AM »
Cool. True on the T4 conversion process and need for empty stomach. The conversion process was explained to me by my GP at the time I received my script.  I asked for T3 as I had also read through research and chat with thyroid patients that T3 was way more effective at stripping fat (if i can use that terminology ) but he prescribed T4 and said I would get the correct amount of T3 with the conversion.  It's funny though cause lot's of chat by thyroid patients taking T3 talk about a similar need to take it on empty stomach . Maybe it's not so critical for someone with a normally functioning thyroid. I do know that I have to watch the scale very closely now. 

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2015, 10:34:32 AM »
most thyroid patients are on a t4/t3 combo, because theyre only slightly hypothyroid and t4 or a combo works to get them into the normal range. its also "closer" to your natural state versus t3 only...
so because they use a combo they should take it on empty stomach i guess.

many people also just use the guidelines for t4 for their t3 use. which is not necessary, but they think it is because they dont research the stuff (neither do some docs) :)

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2015, 10:38:20 AM »
no there is not.

same with 50mcg, 75 etc.

I find you post a lot of smart stuff but part in bold, I gotta disgree with. Prisonner 22 is a real life nurse who posts or used to post on T-nation. He is an expert an explaining as to why tapering is a great principle. There is in fact a lot of medical proof/reasoning. No better person than him to explain it. Look him up if interested.
?

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2015, 10:45:21 AM »
I find you post a lot of smart stuff but part in bold, I gotta disgree with. Prisonner 22 is a real life nurse who posts or used to post on T-nation. He is an expert an explaining as to why tapering is a great principle. There is in fact a lot of medical proof/reasoning. No better person than him to explain it. Look him up if interested.
well i can only find stuff on tapering AAS from him
i was solely talking about t3 here though

I AGREE that tapering AAS can make sense if you regularly come off to normalize cortisol / myostatin / whatever catabolic hormones towards the end of a cycle and also avoid plateauing for as long as you taper up...

however for T§ usage the tapering principle is pretty useless since there are no real counter regulators for t3, only reverse-t3 and it adapts within a few days and its also not dramatic if its high for 2-3 days.