Author Topic: Animal welfare, organic, sustainable stuff?  (Read 893 times)

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
Animal welfare, organic, sustainable stuff?
« on: May 19, 2015, 09:15:07 PM »
Someone on the Costco thread mentioned buying stuff like this.  Do you really give a shit?  Do you really believe that stuff you buy that is labelled green or organic or sustainable really is?  I think it is just a scam to charge higher prices to the foolish.  I have zero faith that it is even what it claims to be much less that it is somehow "better" for you.  Better off buying fart powder.

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
Re: Animal welfare, organic, sustainable stuff?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2015, 09:37:49 PM »
grow it yourself

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2015, 11:57:40 PM »
Someone on the Costco thread mentioned buying stuff like this.  Do you really give a shit?  Do you really believe that stuff you buy that is labelled green or organic or sustainable really is?  I think it is just a scam to charge higher prices to the foolish.  I have zero faith that it is even what it claims to be much less that it is somehow "better" for you.  Better off buying fart powder.

If you like eating adulterated foods, you should do just fine with non-organic foods.  Pesticides, plant steroids and various artificial fertilizers don't bother some folks who don't give shit about the quality of what they eat and their long term health. Considering what some bodybuilders will put in their bodies to get big or ripped with out giving it a thought, non organic foods should not be a problem for them.

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2015, 03:32:22 AM »
Someone on the Costco thread mentioned buying stuff like this.  Do you really give a shit?  Do you really believe that stuff you buy that is labelled green or organic or sustainable really is?  I think it is just a scam to charge higher prices to the foolish.  I have zero faith that it is even what it claims to be much less that it is somehow "better" for you.  Better off buying fart powder.

You vote when you buy. I like to support small farms who ethically raise their animals as its important to me (may not be to others, which im not insulting). Its the only way to change, as the more money that goes to these places, the more they can grow as does the market for these things. Simple economics and voting with your dollar.

Sustainable business is big business right now. People major in this in college. Its a mix of engineering/bio/economics. When farms and companies claim sustainability, its usually more sustainable and they make efforts that other conventional places dont. I also choose to support them with my dollarzzz

Do i believe what is on the label, well The best i can really. uSDA organic holds some weight but yeah i see your point. For ethics and such, I do the best research I can on it. The internet has allowed ex employees of various places and farms to discuss what really goes on and the authenticity of places. I have also gone to farms myself to check them out in my state

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2015, 01:54:52 AM »
Ethically raise it?  It's a mindless animal whose throat is slit so you can eat.  To quote Mort Downey Junior, I care more about one human than every damn cat on the planet.

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2015, 03:14:07 AM »
Ethically raise it?  It's a mindless animal whose throat is slit so you can eat.  To quote Mort Downey Junior, I care more about one human than every damn cat on the planet.

Google Temple granden.

I cant make you feel compassion, so im not gonna try
I am just answering the OPs question