Author Topic: Open Carry Social Experiment  (Read 8229 times)

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
Open Carry Social Experiment
« on: May 20, 2015, 05:01:33 AM »

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
Re: Open Carry Social Experiment
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2015, 05:11:17 AM »
Meanwhile, in Switzerland:

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2015, 05:14:55 AM »
Race Bait FAIL!!!!!

http://bearingarms.com/video-purports-show-racism-police-open-carry-stops-fails/

It’s no secret that I generally have a low opinion of “look at me” long gun open carry. It is typically done with the expressed intention of “education,” but in practice, typically tends to be counterproductive grandstanding which has led (time and again) to restrictions and laws being passed banning open carry from places it was once legal.

That out of the way, the two disparate ways officers treated similarly-equipped open carriers in the video below is stunning to behold.

The white open carrier shown first is merely talked to by the responding officer who does not seem overly concerned as the officer stops to check on them and see what is going on.

The black open carrier, carrying a slung AR-15 by his side and with his hands occupied by what appears to be a smart phone, is immediately ordered to the ground at gunpoint, and the deputy holds him in his sights until backup arrives and seaches, but does not cuff the open carrier. It’s worth noting, perhaps, that the responding officers do not feel compelled to point their weapon at the the open carrier at any time.

“Willy Upchuck” is the pseudonym of person who posted the video, and taglines his channel “Cops vs. People,” giving us an idea of his views on law enforcement.

“Willy” clearly wants to assert that we’re witnessing racism… but the video doesn’t support that assertion at all.

While the rifles were both AR-15s slung in a similar manner (both down at the hip, where it could be brought into action), “Willy” wants us to overlooking the indisputable fact that we’re dealing with different responding officers, in different locations, with different law enforcement agencies, which may have different protocols and familiarity in handling “man with a gun” calls, at different times, in different circumstances.

The white open carrier, “MarkedGaurdian,” has been trolling his local law enforcement agencies in Oregon for years. His video clip is pulled from an August 2012 stop by an Albany, Oregon officer, who was likely well aware of what long gun open carry advocates had been doing in the area, and who may have even recognized “MarkedGaurdian” on sight.

The black open carrier—whom I totally agree was treated poorly by the responding officer—was in a different (unknown) time and place, dealing with a completely different police force, who may not deal with long gun open carry much, if at all. It could be that this responding agency would treat white open carriers just as poorly. In this second incident we could be dealing with one very bad deputy, who violated his own department’s protocols (and frankly, as he pointed a firearm at a man who wasn’t clearly wasn’t being a threat, he probably did). We don’t know if the deputy was disciplined or even terminated.

“Willy Upchuck” doesn’t apparently want us to know enough about either incident to determine for ourselves what we’re really witnessing, and that says a bit more about him than I think he wants us to know.

Are we witnessing a good cop dealing with the white open carrier, and what appears to be a poorly-trained and over-excited deputy dealing the black open carrier? I think so.

But we simply don’t have like situations here, with different times, places, agencies, etc.

We don’t have and clear evidence of racism, as much as he’d like to assert that this is what we’re seeing.

Update: the second open carrier has been identified as Gabriel Nobles. Here’s his entire video in two parts, Part I and Part II.

scottt

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2015, 05:15:56 AM »
The world is not fair to anyone. People are more scared of black skin than white skin.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2015, 05:16:52 AM »

If someone wanted to hurt this guy, he would be dead. I don't see the point of having a rifle strapped to your back like that.

Is someone going to wait as he flips the stock into position as well?

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2015, 05:17:39 AM »
Meanwhile in TX:

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2015, 07:33:45 AM »
X

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2015, 07:35:31 AM »
Whites fear armed Hebrews.  This is no surprise. Piggy, gonna pig. Oink. Oink.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2015, 07:38:35 AM »
Cuckoo.

Texas is definitely one of the nuttiest states in the U.S.

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2015, 07:42:31 AM »

If I felt the need to carry this shit on my back like that....it means I need to move away....as far as possible. I'm realistic about dangers and I would like to own a gun....keep it in my house, May be in the car if I am going somewhere...but if I felt I need this on me, then the solution is not the gun but the environment either needs to change or I need to remove myself.

S

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2015, 07:43:37 AM »
Texas is definitely one of the nuttiest states in the U.S.

I expect if there ever is a secession, TX would probably be the first to go.  They have plenty of land, money, and guns.  Plus, they're crazy.   :D

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2015, 07:53:07 AM »
If someone wanted to hurt this guy, he would be dead. I don't see the point of having a rifle strapped to your back like that.

Is someone going to wait as he flips the stock into position as well?

Swiss have compulsory military service and a strong shooting sports heritage, so you're probably seeing him in between military training or recreation.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2015, 07:58:21 AM »
if you run this experiment 100 times.... does this repeat itself at least 51 times?

If you're a betting man...

BB

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2015, 08:06:34 AM »
if you run this experiment 100 times.... does this repeat itself at least 51 times?

Depends on the state, and individual cop. Most cops do not like open carry, especially of long guns anywhere period. The reason why those open carry white folks in Texas don't get hassled is that they make their plans known way in advance, somewhat like the Black Panthers do when they hold their rallies, etc....

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2015, 08:36:54 AM »
I expect if there ever is a secession, TX would probably be the first to go.  They have plenty of land, money, and guns.  Plus, they're crazy.   :D

agreed

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2015, 08:37:39 AM »

Actually I would say 85% of the time

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2015, 08:44:59 AM »

I don't the story behind that but is that necessary? Fuck man...
?

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2015, 08:58:33 AM »
I don't the story behind that but is that necessary? Fuck man...

It's all part of their proud military tradition of fighting no one.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2015, 09:24:02 AM »
It's all part of their proud military tradition of fighting no one.

In that case, a simple sling shot could do the trick. Sling shots don't "accidently go off" either. Would be a much better option. Then, if you're really in shit, you call cops who have guns.
?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2015, 09:39:47 AM »
If I felt the need to carry this shit on my back like that....it means I need to move away....as far as possible. I'm realistic about dangers and I would like to own a gun....keep it in my house, May be in the car if I am going somewhere...but if I felt I need this on me, then the solution is not the gun but the environment either needs to change or I need to remove myself.

x2. For home protection, or even in your car, its fine. But to carry your gun to walmart is just idiotic. Crazy gun nutters. Of course anything can go wrong. But this just wreaks of PARANOIA!!

I knew a cop who used to carry his gun around everywhere lol.  I was invited to a birthday for a 6 year old in an extremely upscale neighborhood where there is pretty much zero crime. He showed up to the party with his sunglasses on and gun strapped to his waist lol. His shirt was purposely pulled up so you could see his gun lol It was kind of funny to see this is. I asked him if he was afraid that the magician was going to lose control.  :D :D

He was wearing these type of sunglasses.

X

BB

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2015, 09:49:35 AM »
x2. For home protection, or even in your car, its fine. But to carry your gun to walmart is just idiotic. Crazy gun nutters. Of course anything can go wrong. But this just wreaks of PARANOIA!!

If one is talking about rifles, I can see it, but it's not a big deal. I can definitely see carrying a pistol in a lot of daily life, I've known tons of folks that have gotten robbed in parking lots, doing late banking, etc.... 

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2015, 09:55:48 AM »
Open carry is just too moronic and too "look at me". I think concealed carry is better, you got the element of surprise. Don't get me started on people carrying rifles openly. It's one of those things just because you can doesn't mean you should.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2015, 10:22:35 AM »
Cuckoo.

Sf, have you ever fired a gun?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2015, 10:32:15 AM »
Sf, have you ever fired a gun?

??? ???
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2015, 10:35:16 AM »
If one is talking about rifles, I can see it, but it's not a big deal. I can definitely see carrying a pistol in a lot of daily life, I've known tons of folks that have gotten robbed in parking lots, doing late banking, etc.... 

And I know people who have never been robbed. I mean, its all a crapshoot. Anything can go wrong at any time. Or something can never go wrong. Personally, I dont feel the need to live in a state of paranoia to the point where I feel like I need to be strapped 24/7.
X