Author Topic: Primerica... Anybody here ever do it?  (Read 6360 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: Primerica... Anybody here ever do it?
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2015, 10:01:51 PM »
yea...also, its actually a car lease.  After the lease, if the distributor doesn't buy it then it is repainted black and sold. 

I have a good friend who worked for Xerox for decades as a tech rep. For awhile it seemed like every van Xerox leased for him, he bought when the lease was up. He still has 5 or six cars in his driveway. About half of them are old Xerox vehicles. His prime possession is a mid 70's Chrysler Imperial. That thing is like a land yacht. 

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2015, 10:03:01 PM »
what are the fee's to primerica?
?

Mike

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2015, 11:02:16 PM »

From what I've been told, that company does not pay for the tests - the agents themselves must pay. Either way, that's a minor concern.

They are on straight commission right away, must pay their own expenses, and most importantly of all are not working for a legit firm.

Any firm you sign on with will have you sign an employment contract with strings attached for a certain period of time. Usually those strings can be cut with a few bucks paid. Primerica's strings are far more restrictive from what I've been told, and make it very hard for one to continue as a rep with other firms.

And no hiring manager I know for any reputable firm will be thrilled to take on MLM hucksters, any more than they would be enthusiastic about hiring used car salesmen. Ed Jones is a joke themselves - behind the times with their upfront transactional fee platform, and not suited to larger investors. You make money gathering assets. You make more money gathering more assets. Your life as an advisor is much better if you have a dozen clients with ten million each than if you have a thousand clients with a few grand each.

And it's also much, much easier if you're able to put clients into a managed money platform that doesn't charge them a big upfront fee, and costs them only a little a year - and continues to pay you a little a year... as opposed to the one single big upfront onetime fee you get when you invest client money at Jones or Primerica... you then have to go out and constantly try to get more and more clients - and also more and more suckers to try to work under you as advisors if you're with Primerica.

Primerica will only get you a Series 6 and an insurance license. You need at least a Series 7 and a 66 to be able to be a full-service advisor, and you also need the 66 to become an IA, which allows you to run the managed money, as opposed to the transactional onetime upfront stuff that turns people off and only pays you once.

There are no doubt a small percentage of successes in the Jones company history, and even a few Primerica successes. But it will likely be much, much harder with Jones and especially with Primerica. And if you go to work for Primerica and manage to make it, you'd better learn to like it. Because you won't likely be seen as a viable candidate with a real firm, and you may find it very hard to cut the strings.

It's a very tough business anyway for most. No sense making it any harder by signing on with companies behind the times and doing the MLM garbage. People with money don't fool with MLM.

Most people who try don't make it. Being born into money and being connected help. Otherwise, being willing and able to work hard, and knowing how to find the money and get them to trust you enough to give you some or all of it are what it will take. It's generally easier in larger cities because of the large numbers of people with money in most large cities.

I've been in the biz 11 years. Started at a large bank, moved on to a large firm, then eventually set up my own private fund. I manage over $100 mil in assets total from a small number of accredited investors - all of my investors these days have a minimum of 1 mil in assets - quite a bit more in most cases.

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/employment/primerica.html

This

Everything else said in this thread is noise

Carlton G. Long

« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2015, 02:26:47 AM »
So can you plow chicks' assholes in the office with this company?

yes, but ass to mouth is only allowed on Fridays

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2015, 03:35:13 AM »
I was approached by a woman while working out. She complimented me on my physique and then started to make small talk about talking to me further about working for Primerica. I said to her that I was interested in getting back into the corporate world thinking that is what this job was... she stopped me and said "Why work for someone else when you can work for yourself".

They invited me to this little orientation, where agents came up and basically talked about what primerica do and how they climbed the ladder and got to where they are now, financially, which I basically heard already in the sit down with my coworker and his wife. During this orientation, in the back of my mind I was thinking "this is too good to be true" everything just sounded too perfect. Everyone there had this fake "I'm so happy to be in primerica" attitude that it was contagious and I haven't even joined yet lol.

She was vague and when I asked her what is it that this job entailed she said "getting people to save money for their future". Now I know better and will avoid her phone call at all costs. I can't be bothered with pyramid type sales jobs.

I thought it was like Amway or Avon, but with insurance. I would really like to get my insurance and brokerage license and help people get insurance and saving. But I don't feel like I can trust this person I gave those numbers and was confident that we would call them together and he took it upon himself to call them on his, own my family. I'm not very happy and you know I learned nothing of what was the products so, just a lot of scribbling on paper. I don't guess I'll be going back anymore. Sounded so cool

Has anybody here ever tried it?

Made up story, i noticed you copy/pasted from the second review on this page

Why?

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2015, 04:13:33 AM »
MLM?   

::)

Carlton G. Long

« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2015, 04:39:53 AM »
Made up story, i noticed you copy/pasted from the second review on this page

Why?

hahahaha   Fat Alex busted again   

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2015, 06:22:55 AM »
what are the fee's to primerica?

99 dollars to sign up and 25 dollars a month for websites, palm software, etc
A

forillagorilla

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2015, 06:29:14 AM »

Wes, I can explain to you or anyone in one paragraph how you can make good money selling product in any network marketing business that sells supplements.  Its a dirty tactic and the companies will terminate you if you should be caught but it works pretty damn well.

I did it last year and got busted but not before I sold a little over 5k of products in 2 weeks. ;D

You seem proud of yourself for this??? Why not just build a real business and not rely on "getting away with it" ???   If I read you right it was only 5 grand... In TWO weeks??  Thats not exactly big money - not that it would matter. I have walked from deal earning literally 10 times that for one transaction because it was dirty. I pay my partners (I dont like to call professionals "employees") more than anyone in the industry - but I dont care if they are earning me a 6 figure/ year override - if they cheat they are gone. True sales is NOT deception.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2015, 06:42:16 AM »
You seem proud of yourself for this??? Why not just build a real business and not rely on "getting away with it" ???   If I read you right it was only 5 grand... In TWO weeks??  Thats not exactly big money - not that it would matter. I have walked from deal earning literally 10 times that for one transaction because it was dirty. I pay my partners (I dont like to call professionals "employees") more than anyone in the industry - but I dont care if they are earning me a 6 figure/ year override - if they cheat they are gone. True sales is NOT deception.

Oh shut the fuck up, anon.  You're full of shit like a lot of other people around here claiming shit.  So many Getbig millionaires around here.... ::)

A

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2015, 07:59:22 AM »

“Our minds tell us, and history confirms, that the great threat to freedom is the concentration of power. Government is necessary to preserve our freedom, it is an instrument through which we can exercise our freedom; yet by concentrating power in political hands, it is also a threat to freedom. Even though the men who wield this power initially be of good will and even though they be not corrupted by the power they exercise, the power will both attract and form men of a different stamp.”
― Milton Friedman

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2015, 08:24:54 AM »

What a schmoestatic avatar you got there.

Automation

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2015, 08:46:42 AM »

Oh shut the fuck up, anon.  You're full of shit like a lot of other people around here claiming shit.  So many Getbig millionaires around here.... ::)

The irony...

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2015, 09:11:12 AM »

99 dollars to sign up and 25 dollars a month for websites, palm software, etc

that's the huge "cash down" people are bitching about?
?

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2015, 11:11:50 AM »
that's the huge "cash down" people are bitching about?

Yes, but anyone should be expected to invest at least 2k in office supplies, pamplets and brochures, licensing, etc just to get started.  But the majority of people don't which is where you get the "grocery stalkers" and other people.  That's why a lot of people fail.

A

Carlton G. Long

« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2015, 04:41:01 PM »

So many Getbig millionaires around here.... ::)

Not millionaires...just glad that we aren't financially and morally bankrupt gay porch monkeys.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2015, 01:46:01 AM »
No but I once advised a telemarketer that this was no way for a man to make a living and he should find a proper job.