Author Topic: Obama warns Coast Guard cadets global warming a national security ‘threat’  (Read 3881 times)

Necrosis

• Getbig V
ISIS and Liberals are a National security threat not "climate change". Hope this helps.

So why do you think the military and pentagon say it is a national security threat?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
So why do you think the military and pentagon say it is a national security threat?

it appears the pentagon and state dept have been overrun with liberals, i suppose. 

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

my guess is they're not Fox news smart like some of the idiots on this site

Necrosis

• Getbig V
Joe answer the question, why do you disagree with both the military and pentagon regarding this issue?

Beach? anyone? why are you in disagreement?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Joe answer the question, why do you disagree with both the military and pentagon regarding this issue?

Beach? anyone? why are you in disagreement?

they want to agree with obama on 100% of things, while supporting the military on 100% of things.

When obama and the military/pentagon agree on something, they skip that therre thread.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)

I don't know if the "military" is saying it's a national security threat.  There might be political appointees in the Pentagon saying it's a potential threat.  And that's all it is, if anything, is a potential future threat, just like many other things, except based on a some pretty speculative circumstances that haven't happened. 

To mention it in the same breath with ISIS, an existing global threat, is pretty silly. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
they want to DISagree with obama on 100% of things, while supporting the military on 100% of things.

When obama and the military/pentagon agree on something, they skip that therre thread.

I'm sure you meant to type disagree and of course you are correct.

They hate Obama so want to oppose anything he says but being the uninformed idiots that we know they to be they were unaware that the US Military takes climate change very seriously so ....rather than having to actually have a nuanced opinion on a subject they just disappear

I expect nothing less from Coach is basically a barely functional retard but for Bum this is just part of the willful ignorance that allows him to go through life assuming all his beliefs are fully supported by facts (as long as he ignores any facts that challenge his beliefs)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
I don't know if the "military" is saying it's a national security threat.  There might be political appointees in the Pentagon saying it's a potential threat.  And that's all it is, if anything, is a potential future threat, just like many other things, except based on a some pretty speculative circumstances that haven't happened. 

To mention it in the same breath with ISIS, an existing global threat, is pretty silly. 

LOL - definitely don't make any effort to find out

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
If you guys haven't figured out yet that the pentagon, state department, military, etc are now heavily politicized, I don't know what else to say.
A

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
i swear MSNBC news viewers are the dumbest fuckers walking the earth  :D

Fixed!
A

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
If you guys haven't figured out yet that the pentagon, state department, military, etc are now heavily politicized, I don't know what else to say.

Exactly.  I don't think the "military" in general is politicized, but the political appointees definitely are.  

I have a lot of rank and file military friends and not a single one of them has ever talked about global warming as some national security threat.  The War on Terror is real.  A global warming induced drought, causing migration, causing the child of a migrant to joint ISIS, who then attacks Americans, is not real.  It is the kind of fear-mongering that originates with extremists like Obama and filters down from there.  

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

so now the pentagon and the military are all carrying water for Obama

how do you explain that the military has been concerned about climate change long before anyone ever knew his name and before this even became a well know public issue?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jamesconca/2014/11/14/does-our-military-know-something-we-dont-about-global-warming/

Bum - don't click this link:  http://www.cna.org/sites/default/files/MAB_2014.pdf

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Exactly.  I don't think the "military" in general is politicized, but the political appointees definitely are.  

I have a lot of rank and file military friends and not a single one of them has ever talked about global warming as some national security threat.  The War on Terror is real.  A global warming induced drought, causing migration, causing the child of a migrant to joint ISIS, who then attacks Americans, is not real.  It is the kind of fear-mongering that originates with extremists like Obama and filters down from there.  

and then you can just assume that these ongoing assessment by the military regarding climate change are done by "political appointees"  and then you can keep pretending your beliefs are correct.

meanwhile the military has been making this assessment for many many years (long before it ever became a political issue)

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
so now the pentagon and the military are all carrying water for Obama

how do you explain that the military has been concerned about climate change long before anyone ever knew his name and before this even became a well know public issue?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jamesconca/2014/11/14/does-our-military-know-something-we-dont-about-global-warming/

Bum - don't click this link:  http://www.cna.org/sites/default/files/MAB_2014.pdf

It will be hard to convince me or any other reasonably intelligent person that the earth being a degree or fraction of a degree hotter in another million years or so is a bigger threat than terrorism and quite a few other pressing problems. The earth has long had droughts, famines, hurricanes, etc, etc. They didn't just start once we started pulling fossil fuels out of the ground.

It will be hard to convince us that it's all our fault, or that we can do anything about it. Especially when those who tell us this are flying around in private jets, owning fleets of limos and high-powered sports cars and luxury cars, living in mansions, using more than their share of conventional fuel and electricity, etc.

It's all a big front for carbon taxation and alt energy interests.
A

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
A

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

It will be hard to convince me or any other reasonably intelligent person that the planet that the earth being a degree or fraction of a degree hotter in another million years or so is a bigger threat than terrorism and quite a few other pressing problems. The earth has long had droughts, famines, hurricanes, etc, etc. They didn't just start once we started pulling fossil fuels out of the ground.

It will be hard to convince us that it's all our fault, or that we can do anything about it. Especially when those who tell us this are flying around in private jets, owning fleets of limos and high-powered sports cars and luxury cars, living in mansions, using more than their share of conventional fuel and electricity, etc.

no one is trying to convince you it's "bigger than terrorism"

that was the lie being floated by the right wing media

Neither Obama nor the military have ever said that

I thought we had established that already on this board but I guess not

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness

Yeah, the leaders are political appointees. And under this president they either tow the line or are out of a job.

It is frightening that anyone elected president of the US would be so irresponsible as to ignore daily security briefings and refuse to listen to good advice from high ranking military officials simply because they tell him what he doesn't want to hear.
A

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/conncarroll/2015/02/10/untitled-n1955567

Asked to confirm Tuesday if this means Obama believes "the threat of climate change is greater than the threat of terrorism," Earnest responded, "The point the president is making is that there are many more people on an annual basis who have to confront the impact, the direct impact on their lives, of climate change, or on the spread of a disease, than on terrorism."

"Asked again, "So the answer is yes, the president thinks that climate change is a greater threat than terrorism," Earnest responded, "The point that the president is making is that when you are talking about the direct daily impact of these kinds of challenges on the daily lives of Americans, particularly Americans living in this country, that that direct impact, that more people are affected by those things than by terrorism."
A

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Yeah, the leaders are political appointees. And under this president they either tow the line or are out of a job.

It is frightening that anyone elected president of the US would be so irresponsible as to ignore daily security briefings and refuse to listen to good advice from high ranking military officials simply because they tell him what he doesn't want to hear.

here is a report by the Military Advisory Board of The Center for Naval Analysis

described by Forbes as
"lead by Army General Paul Kern, the Military Advisory Board is a group of 16 retired flag-level officers from all branches of the Service.
This is not a group normally considered to be liberal activists and fear-mongers."

please identify the Obama military appointees and explain in detail (name the individuals) and how they are towing the line

http://www.cna.org/sites/default/files/MAB_2014.pdf

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
here is a report by the Military Advisory Board of The Center for Naval Analysis

described by Forbes as
please identify the Obama military appointees and explain in detail (name the individuals) and how they are towing the line

http://www.cna.org/sites/default/files/MAB_2014.pdf

Yeah, hold your breath on me giving you an essay on military appointees for free on a message board - you must really be out of your goddamn mind.   ::)
A

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/conncarroll/2015/02/10/untitled-n1955567

Asked to confirm Tuesday if this means Obama believes "the threat of climate change is greater than the threat of terrorism," Earnest responded, "The point the president is making is that there are many more people on an annual basis who have to confront the impact, the direct impact on their lives, of climate change, or on the spread of a disease, than on terrorism."

"Asked again, "So the answer is yes, the president thinks that climate change is a greater threat than terrorism," Earnest responded, "The point that the president is making is that when you are talking about the direct daily impact of these kinds of challenges on the daily lives of Americans, particularly Americans living in this country, that that direct impact, that more people are affected by those things than by terrorism."

you left off this paragraph

Asked one more time if "climate change is more of a clear and present danger to the United States than terrorism," Earnest shifted gears, "Well I think even the Department of Defense has spoken to the significant the threat that climate change poses to our national security interests, principally because of the impact it can have on countries with less well developed infrastructure than we have."

Also, he didn't answer the question and neither the POTUS nor the military has said it's a greater threat

Certainly one can imagine a scenario where a terrorist group gets itd hands on a nuclear weapon and that would be a huge threat but let's look at the worst terrorist attack on this country in modern history.   It basically killed arond 3,000 people.   Driving without a seatbelt is a greater threat in terms of death toll.

Terrorism as a whole has been sold to the public in the US as a huge threat (anyone remember the color coded threat levels) and it's mostly bullshit which is not to say it's not a threat.

The problem in this country is that many people only see black and white and can't have a nuanced opinion on anything.   Terrorism is a threat and so is climate change and so are a whole bunch of other things.  I can give you scenarios where any number of things can be the greater relative threat

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Yeah, hold your breath on me giving you an essay on military appointees for free on a message board - you must really be out of your goddamn mind.   ::)

no need for essay

just support the premise that you (or rather Bum) imagined

you've got a list of names on that report so you can start by identifying Obama's political appointees (assuming they even exist in that group)

how hard is that ?

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
Yeah, I'll get right on that.

Tell me what we can do about climate change?

If those fat cats really believed that it would go away or be greatly reduced by cutting back or eliminating fossil fuels, they'd practice what they preach.

They don't believe it any more than they believe that the economy is a zero sum game.

They preach it because it feeds their own interests.
A

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Yeah, I'll get right on that.

Tell me what we can do about climate change?

If those fat cats really believed that it would go away or be greatly reduced by cutting back or eliminating fossil fuels, they'd practice what they preach.

They don't believe it any more than they believe that the economy is a zero sum game.

They preach it because it feeds their own interests.

ok - so you're not willing to make any effort to support your (Bums) premise so I toss it out as total bullshit

the first thing we can do about climate change is stop pretending it's not happening

what are the odds we can even do that given the comments on this thread?