Author Topic: Fox News Will Only Allow Top 10 Candidates in First GOP Debate  (Read 1603 times)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V

By the time August 6th rolls around, there will be lots and lots of Republicans running for president. Yes, this will be the summer of “Hello, I’m yet another person who wants your vote.” (Well, a lot more so on the Republican side.)

So, of course, certain parameters need to be set for when all the candidates get together for debates. The first GOP debate of the election cycle is going to Fox News. The cable network is partnering with Facebook for the debate, which will be moderated by Bret Baier, Megyn Kelly, and Chris Wallace.

Fox put out a press release today with all this information, including the parameters for who will be able to get into the debate. And some of the candidates might be disappointed, because Fox will only allow 10 candidates (unless, of course, there is a tie for 10th, in which case there’ll be more than 10).

Which 10? The top 10 candidates “in an average of the five most recent national polls.”

There is a little notation in the Fox press release about the other candidates receiving “additional coverage and air time” the day of the debate.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Fox News Will Only Allow Top 10 Candidates in First GOP Debate
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2015, 05:52:44 PM »
pretty shitty way to load the stage with RINOs

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2015, 05:59:59 PM »
Sounds like a good plan.  I doubt there are more than ten viable candidates anyway. 

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2015, 06:03:41 PM »
Sounds like a good plan.  I doubt there are more than ten viable candidates anyway. 

I keep reading that GOP thread of yours with the new names coming in almost daily...I was wondering how they were going to PHYSICALLY be able to pull off a debate with all those candidates.

Talk about a wide camera angle!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2015, 07:04:09 PM »
I keep reading that GOP thread of yours with the new names coming in almost daily...I was wondering how they were going to PHYSICALLY be able to pull off a debate with all those candidates.

Talk about a wide camera angle!

I think both parties have had debates with around ten candidates before, so it can be done.  I think it's healthy to have a lot of good candidates.  Not saying we have that yet . . . .

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2015, 07:18:20 PM »
I think both parties have had debates with around ten candidates before, so it can be done.  I think it's healthy to have a lot of good candidates.  Not saying we have that yet . . . .

Oh yeah, 10 is definitely doable. I was speaking more in terms of ALL the names being thrown out there as candidates or potential candidates.

There's gotta be around 15 to 20 so far.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2015, 07:30:40 PM »
Oh yeah, 10 is definitely doable. I was speaking more in terms of ALL the names being thrown out there as candidates or potential candidates.

There's gotta be around 15 to 20 so far.

Understood.  I don't think we'll even have 15 or 20 declared mainstream candidates.  Some of the names being mentioned earlier are not running, like Ryan, Romney, and Palin. 

I still think there could be a dark horse like Martinez or Jindal who might run and shake things up a bit. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2015, 07:37:17 PM »
there are 19 possibles right now.  Pence would have been 20.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2015, 08:07:02 PM »
Understood.  I don't think we'll even have 15 or 20 declared mainstream candidates.  Some of the names being mentioned earlier are not running, like Ryan, Romney, and Palin. 

I still think there could be a dark horse like Martinez or Jindal who might run and shake things up a bit. 

You get Martinez and Jindal in the race and the played out Democratic narrative of "Zero diversity in the GOP" is just about dead.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2015, 08:08:56 PM »
You get Martinez and Jindal in the race and the played out Democratic narrative of "Zero diversity in the GOP" is just about dead.

It's already dead with a woman, two hispanic guys, and a black guy already formally declared. 

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2015, 08:11:00 AM »
still that's more than a Clown Car; more like a Clown mini van.
w

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2015, 10:30:14 AM »

By the time August 6th rolls around, there will be lots and lots of Republicans running for president. Yes, this will be the summer of “Hello, I’m yet another person who wants your vote.” (Well, a lot more so on the Republican side.)

So, of course, certain parameters need to be set for when all the candidates get together for debates. The first GOP debate of the election cycle is going to Fox News. The cable network is partnering with Facebook for the debate, which will be moderated by Bret Baier, Megyn Kelly, and Chris Wallace.

Fox put out a press release today with all this information, including the parameters for who will be able to get into the debate. And some of the candidates might be disappointed, because Fox will only allow 10 candidates (unless, of course, there is a tie for 10th, in which case there’ll be more than 10).

Which 10? The top 10 candidates “in an average of the five most recent national polls.”

There is a little notation in the Fox press release about the other candidates receiving “additional coverage and air time” the day of the debate.

They might as well..FOX basically runs the GOP anyway

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2015, 10:40:47 AM »
They will be using a version of musical chairs to determine which 10 are to be picked.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2015, 10:48:44 AM »
They will be using a version of musical chairs to determine which 10 are to be picked.

;D...I would watch that!.....that would be interesting....Christie might break a chair though

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2015, 12:24:09 AM »

The way the GOP base has endorsed trump, I doubt there is more than ONE viable candidate at this point

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2015, 04:20:04 PM »
The way the GOP base has endorsed trump, I doubt there is more than ONE viable candidate at this point

That's because you know very little about politics. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2015, 05:48:19 PM »

personal attack.  we dont need that here, buddy.   keep it about the politics.

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2015, 10:26:42 AM »
for a bodybuilding/steroid site I'd say he probably knows a lot around here.
If we wanted 'reasoned political analysis' we'd be listening to Andrew Wilkow.  and laughing.
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2015, 10:47:55 AM »
for a bodybuilding/steroid site I'd say he probably knows a lot around here.
If we wanted 'reasoned political analysis' we'd be listening to Andrew Wilkow.  and laughing.

That's not saying much. lol.  He's a troll.