Author Topic: Chicago law professor on Obama..  (Read 2388 times)

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
Re: Chicago law professor on Obama..
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2015, 10:18:54 AM »
I was going to stop reading as soon as I realized this was: "a friend of a friend told me..." kind of deal, but I figured what the hell, let's see... so I clicked the link, and then clicked another link and another, to get to the apparent source. Even there, it's still a "friend of a friend" kind of thing. That blog post starts with: "Larwyn received this "over the transom". Perhaps some of our reporters-in-training can give Biff Spackle a run for his money and chase down these leads. It's been a while since ol' Biff had a scoop, ya' know."

Yeah, I'd say this shit is highly credible...

But then again, you never cared for credibility did you? You see it, you post it. Right? ::)

I don't get what the fuck is wrong with you and your ilk. Instead of challenging Obama on the merits, you make shit up and challenge him on non-issues which only help to weaken your position.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2015, 10:39:30 AM »
I was going to stop reading as soon as I realized this was: "a friend of a friend told me..." kind of deal, but I figured what the hell, let's see... so I clicked the link, and then clicked another link and another, to get to the apparent source. Even there, it's still a "friend of a friend" kind of thing. That blog post starts with: "Larwyn received this "over the transom". Perhaps some of our reporters-in-training can give Biff Spackle a run for his money and chase down these leads. It's been a while since ol' Biff had a scoop, ya' know."

But then again, you never cared for credibility did you? You see it, you post it. Right? ::)

I don't get what the fuck is wrong with you and your ilk. Instead of challenging Obama on the merits, you make shit up and challenge him on non-issues which only help to weaken your position.

Because delusions take a lot of stupidity to stay fueled. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2015, 10:51:37 AM »
I truly think this revelation will be what it takes to stop Obama from winning the election in 2016.

Timely and useful, i like it!

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2015, 11:06:22 AM »

good post...this has been my point about the Obama haters all along...starting from the whole Birth Certificate issue....some people hate Obama so much that they can't debate his performance on the merits...they always bring incredibly stupid non-sourced material because they are so desperate to prove a point, which just further erodes their arguments........

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2015, 11:07:07 AM »
Because delusions take a lot of stupidity to stay fueled. 
;D

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2015, 11:17:07 AM »
good post...this has been my point about the Obama haters all along...starting from the whole Birth Certificate issue....some people hate Obama so much that they can't debate his performance on the merits...they always bring incredibly stupid non-sourced material because they are so desperate to prove a point, which just further erodes their arguments........

Don't be too happy: an objective but generous evaluation of Obama "on the merits" comes back with a D. Which is what makes the need to come up with nonsense to challenge Obama impossible to understand.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2015, 11:31:27 AM »
I believe it.  All you can rely on is "hearsay," but as a wise woman told me, "hearsay is reputation."  I have a good friend who went to the Univ. of Chicago and was classmates with someone who supervised Obama for a summer when Obama was a student.  Heard the same kind of reports about his work ethic.  Yes it's layered information and could be inaccurate, but when you keep hearing the same things from multiple different sources from different parts of his life, there is probably some truth to it. 

Then when you look at his work ethic as president (skipping daily intelligence briefings, not working with Congress, etc.) it really does look like a longstanding problem.  I'm convinced he's lazy and has been for years.

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2015, 11:50:35 AM »
I believe it.  All you can rely on is "hearsay," but as a wise woman told me, "hearsay is reputation."

Is it now? Maybe that wise woman isn't as wise as you think.

I have a good friend who went to the Univ. of Chicago and was classmates with someone who supervised Obama for a summer when Obama was a student.  Heard the same kind of reports about his work ethic.

You're four layers removed already: you to your friend, your friend to his friend, his friend to his classmate, his classmate to Obama. You may as well tell us about that one friend you met at a gas-station bathroom, that knew a guy that dated a girl whose Father had an obstetrician friend that volunteered with Doctors without Borders and delivered newborn Barack out in the bush of Kenya.

Yes it's layered information and could be inaccurate, but when you keep hearing the same things from multiple different sources from different parts of his life, there is probably some truth to it.

It's not only layered. It's completely anonymous. It's meaningless because it's hearsay and because the veracity of the original source can't be ascertained - to say nothing of the intermediate sources.

Then when you look at his work ethic as president (skipping daily intelligence briefings, not working with Congress, etc.) it really does look like a longstanding problem.  I'm convinced he's lazy and has been for years.

Right... because someone graduates from Harvard by being lazy. Oh, wait... you probably don't think he graduated either - maybe because another friend told you he knows someone that was at the Admissions office and he personally processed Obama's rejection letter and he said: "shit, I should remember this because this guy will be President one day!" You people are fucking delusional.

Instead of challenging Obama on the merits and arguing against his policies, you argue against the man. Who gives a fuck about Obama the man? He'll be gone in two years. What matters are his policies.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2015, 12:24:56 PM »
Is it now? Maybe that wise woman isn't as wise as you think.

You're four layers removed already: you to your friend, your friend to his friend, his friend to his classmate, his classmate to Obama. You may as well tell us about that one friend you met at a gas-station bathroom, that knew a guy that dated a girl whose Father had an obstetrician friend that volunteered with Doctors without Borders and delivered newborn Barack out in the bush of Kenya.

It's not only layered. It's completely anonymous. It's meaningless because it's hearsay and because the veracity of the original source can't be ascertained - to say nothing of the intermediate sources.

Right... because someone graduates from Harvard by being lazy. Oh, wait... you probably don't think he graduated either - maybe because another friend told you he knows someone that was at the Admissions office and he personally processed Obama's rejection letter and he said: "shit, I should remember this because this guy will be President one day!" You people are fucking delusional.

Instead of challenging Obama on the merits and arguing against his policies, you argue against the man. Who gives a fuck about Obama the man? He'll be gone in two years. What matters are his policies.

She is an incredibly smart, accomplished woman.  I've known her for over 20 years.  One of the most successful persons in our state.  And she was absolutely right.  Hearsay is reputation.

Actually it's only two people removed.  My friend.  His classmate who actually supervised Obama.  It's still hearsay.  And as I already acknowledged, it could be false.  But I don't believe it's false for the reasons I already stated.   

Yes I believe he graduated from Harvard.  I also believe you can be lazy and graduate from Harvard.  Have you ever met a lazy Harvard grad?  I have.  I'm sure they are the exception, but I've encountered more than one Ivy League grad and come away thinking:  "Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, you graduated from where??" 

If you are saying I have not argued against Obama's policies on this board then you haven't been paying attention. 

Now, I don't usually address in such detail made-up crap like this, but I did make an exception this morning.   :)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2015, 01:08:39 PM »
She is an incredibly smart, accomplished woman.  I've known her for over 20 years.  One of the most successful persons in our state.  And she was absolutely right.  Hearsay is reputation.

Actually it's only two people removed.  My friend.  His classmate who actually supervised Obama.  It's still hearsay.  And as I already acknowledged, it could be false.  But I don't believe it's false for the reasons I already stated.   

Yes I believe he graduated from Harvard.  I also believe you can be lazy and graduate from Harvard.  Have you ever met a lazy Harvard grad?  I have.  I'm sure they are the exception, but I've encountered more than one Ivy League grad and come away thinking:  "Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, you graduated from where??" 

If you are saying I have not argued against Obama's policies on this board then you haven't been paying attention. 

Now, I don't usually address in such detail made-up crap like this, but I did make an exception this morning.   :)

Also, I mistakenly added a layer regarding Obama's former supervisor.  It was the classmate of my friend, not the friend of classmate's friend as I initially said. 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2015, 05:40:33 PM »
A friend of a friend said your friend is an idiot.  It's true.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2015, 08:14:12 PM »
Don't be too happy: an objective but generous evaluation of Obama "on the merits" comes back with a D. Which is what makes the need to come up with nonsense to challenge Obama impossible to understand.

I disagree...Obama is doing EVERYTHING HE SAID HE WOULD DO..its not a secret....he said he would keep us out of war and he has...no American troops in new conflicts...and he's winding down the Afghan war......he gave us Obamacare.....you say he's weak but the American people DO NOT WANT WAR AGAIN...especially in the middle east..he's doing what the American people want.....AND HE'S BROUGHT DOWN THE DEFICIT TREMENDOUSLY

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2015, 08:29:48 PM »
I disagree...Obama is doing EVERYTHING HE SAID HE WOULD DO..its not a secret....he said he would keep us out of war and he has...no American troops in new conflicts...and he's winding down the Afghan war......he gave us Obamacare.....you say he's weak but the American people DO NOT WANT WAR AGAIN...especially in the middle east..he's doing what the American people want.....AND HE'S BROUGHT DOWN THE DEFICIT TREMENDOUSLY

true that.   he promised liberals universal healthcare, he promised amnesty.  everyone screaming "I told you...".   Um, obama told us.

Cruz or lose.

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2015, 12:57:31 AM »

You can disagree all you want. I did, after all, say an objective assessment, and you are anything but objective. With that out of the way, you suggest that I said "he's weak" but none of the 36 words in my post are "weak". If you're going to quote and answer my post, then quote and answer my post, not some other stuff.

Even if I were to grant you that Obama did everything he said he would, that changes nothing about what I said. He's done a generally poor job.

Now, as to your specific objections, sure we haven't officially engaged in any new conflicts but, at the same time, a lot of his decisions are directly or indirectly responsible for a dramatic worsening of the situation in the Middle East. You say he gave us Obamacare as if that's some amazing thing. It's a clusterfuck. And as for the deficit, we all know that the deficit moves in only one direction - accountant tricks aside.

Obama is a great politician. He's just a shitty President.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2015, 06:43:51 AM »
You can disagree all you want. I did, after all, say an objective assessment, and you are anything but objective. With that out of the way, you suggest that I said "he's weak" but none of the 36 words in my post are "weak". If you're going to quote and answer my post, then quote and answer my post, not some other stuff.

Even if I were to grant you that Obama did everything he said he would, that changes nothing about what I said. He's done a generally poor job.

Now, as to your specific objections, sure we haven't officially engaged in any new conflicts but, at the same time, a lot of his decisions are directly or indirectly responsible for a dramatic worsening of the situation in the Middle East. You say he gave us Obamacare as if that's some amazing thing. It's a clusterfuck. And as for the deficit, we all know that the deficit moves in only one direction - accountant tricks aside.

Obama is a great politician. He's just a shitty President.

I don't understand why YOU are objective and yet I am not.....My argument has merits....and its factual....If a guy says he will do XYZ and proceeds to do XYZ then he has basically done a good job.....no matter what you think.....he has fulfilled the promises he has made to the people who elected him.....what you think in this regard doesn't matter....even you acknowledge he has done what he set out to do..which I think is very refreshing for a change that a politician ACTUALLY DOES WHAT YOU ELECTED HIM TO DO.......

The fact is that the United States can no longer control world events, and the American people doesn't want this either.....because Americans are tired of having our boys (and girls) fight these shitty wars on behalf of others....we are broke..we cannot afford it....Obama knows this......he is saving the lives of our soldiers and bringing down the deficit big time..he has presided over the economy coming back.....and given us healthcare which every single indicator says is working and lowering healthcare costs.....hes not perfect but he has essentially had to govern on his own with no help from Republicans who are divided, butthurt, and weak...I think he has been a great president in terms of setting his agenda and implementing it

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2015, 07:52:14 AM »
I don't understand why YOU are objective and yet I am not.....My argument has merits....and its factual....If a guy says he will do XYZ and proceeds to do XYZ then he has basically done a good job.....no matter what you think.....he has fulfilled the promises he has made to the people who elected him.....what you think in this regard doesn't matter....even you acknowledge he has done what he set out to do..which I think is very refreshing for a change that a politician ACTUALLY DOES WHAT YOU ELECTED HIM TO DO.......

The fact is that the United States can no longer control world events, and the American people doesn't want this either.....because Americans are tired of having our boys (and girls) fight these shitty wars on behalf of others....we are broke..we cannot afford it....Obama knows this......he is saving the lives of our soldiers and bringing down the deficit big time..he has presided over the economy coming back.....and given us healthcare which every single indicator says is working and lowering healthcare costs.....hes not perfect but he has essentially had to govern on his own with no help from Republicans who are divided, butthurt, and weak...I think he has been a great president in terms of setting his agenda and implementing it

There's more to being President. You look at one aspect - which you think is favorable for Obama - and declare that he did well and therefore is a good President. And that is the flaw in your logic.

You say Obama didn't start any new wars and wound down existing ones. He also presided over a dramatic worsening of the situation in the Middle East, including the rise of ISIS and the deterioration of the situation in Iraq.

You say that Obama passed Obamacare. Setting aside whether the ACA is a good or a bad thing, the implementation of the ACA by the Executive branch, which he oversaw, was a clusterfuck and is a problem to this day. You claim that every single indicator claims lowered healthcare costs; to date, your statement is not accurate and the most sizable reduction of cost (to Medicare) was because of Part D restructuring that was not ACA related and had, in fact, been passed during Bush.

Again, Obama is a great politician but he proved himself to be a shitty President. That doesn't change even if I were to grant you that Obama did everything he promised to do.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2015, 08:28:13 AM »
No transcripts from anywhere. Welcome chosen one.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2015, 12:10:04 PM »
There's more to being President. You look at one aspect - which you think is favorable for Obama - and declare that he did well and therefore is a good President. And that is the flaw in your logic.

You say Obama didn't start any new wars and wound down existing ones. He also presided over a dramatic worsening of the situation in the Middle East, including the rise of ISIS and the deterioration of the situation in Iraq.

You say that Obama passed Obamacare. Setting aside whether the ACA is a good or a bad thing, the implementation of the ACA by the Executive branch, which he oversaw, was a clusterfuck and is a problem to this day. You claim that every single indicator claims lowered healthcare costs; to date, your statement is not accurate and the most sizable reduction of cost (to Medicare) was because of Part D restructuring that was not ACA related and had, in fact, been passed during Bush.

Again, Obama is a great politician but he proved himself to be a shitty President. That doesn't change even if I were to grant you that Obama did everything he promised to do.

and again I ask why does Obama get the blame because the middle east can't get itself together???....thats a religious war that no one on earth can stop...why doesn't Putin get the blame for backing Syria and preventling any action to be taken through the UN due to his veto threats???.....whats china doing???...the EU???....Obama does not want us to go to war...obviously and rightly so....also Obama asked congress months ago for war authorization against ISIS and there has been no response.........Obama has decided that he's not going to go it alone and wind up criticized like George Bush was and still is......

As for the implemetation of the ACA, Medicaid and Social Security had problems with roll out as well...its just that we didn't have the internet and cable news to harp on government mistakes back then.....the fact is you call him a shitty president but OBAMA HAS

Kept us out of war
reduced the deficit tremendously thereby reducing borrowing from china
normalized ties with Cuba...which will benefit our businesses tremendously
gave us universal healthcare which will reduce costs and prevent insurance companies from dropping coverage for the first time ever
gotten our allies to actually do something with their involvement in the Libyan war and their bombing runs in the middle east and got teh moderate Arab states to actually fight for themselves rather than America coming to the rescue AGAIN

I can list 10 other things he's done including catching Osama Bin Laden and bank reform but why bother?..you won't acknowledge it anyway

what more do you want??? 8) 8)

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2015, 12:11:06 PM »
No transcripts from anywhere. Welcome chosen one.

"No transcripts". Post that shit in the conspiracy theory board where it belongs Joe.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2015, 12:14:47 PM »
"No transcripts". Post that shit in the conspiracy theory board where it belongs Joe.

:D

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2015, 12:19:33 PM »

oh good god. 

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2015, 12:22:13 PM »
oh good god. 

All truth..can't be refuted....all factual.....not opinion

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2015, 12:28:55 PM »
All truth..can't be refuted....all factual.....not opinion

Obama's decisions about Obamacare, the Middle East, and the situation in Cuba aren't something you can accurately measure as successful or not at the present time.  stop saying that. 

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2015, 12:32:04 PM »
Obama's decisions about Obamacare, the Middle East, and the situation in Cuba aren't something you can accurately measure as successful or not at the present time.  stop saying that. 

All Im saying is that he did what he was elected to do..end of story