Author Topic: Anyone Ever Tried "NAC" (N-Acetyl Cysteine) for Liver Support?  (Read 6676 times)

warez4gold

• Getbig III
  • Awesome size! Look'n THICK, SOLID, TIGHT!
"NAC" (N-Acetyl Cysteine)

Anyone ever tried it for liver support on cycle during a heavy bout of orals, etc.?

I heard Greg Valentino used this when he was running all kinds of heavy shit. He references it in one of his latest YouTube videos.

Apparently they use "NAC" to save people from liver failure caused by pain medication overdoses:

"NAC given intravenously or orally, on the other hand, saves lives every year as a treatment for acute poisoning with acetaminophen-containing pain-relieving drugs. Acetaminophen is sold as Tylenol® and combined with other drugs to create analgesic compounds, including Vicodin® and Percocet®.

Overdoses with acetaminophen are the number one cause of acute liver failure in the United States.6-8 Too much acetaminophen overwhelms the body’s glutathione reserves, which creates widespread and irreversible liver damage. NAC quickly restores protective levels of glutathione, averting catastrophe."

Source: http://www.lifeextension.com/magazine/2010/5/N-Acetyl-Cysteine/Page-01

"NAC" may be a good idea if you're taking orals. I'm no expert; just sharing the info.

equipoise

• Getbig III
Re: Anyone Ever Tried "NAC" (N-Acetyl Cysteine) for Liver Support?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2015, 09:14:59 AM »
I use it, along with liver 52 and UDCA. If I had the money, I would run bloods before, during, and after each and every supp I take to see the effects. But right now I just throw the kitchen sink to be safe

warez4gold

• Getbig III
  • Awesome size! Look'n THICK, SOLID, TIGHT!
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2015, 10:48:22 AM »
I use it, along with liver 52 and UDCA. If I had the money, I would run bloods before, during, and after each and every supp I take to see the effects. But right now I just throw the kitchen sink to be safe

Nice. Is it sold over the counter where you're from?

Mega Man

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2015, 11:14:52 AM »

can you post a few links on where to buy this stuff? It would be helpful...

Qwert II

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2015, 04:00:47 PM »
NAC is an amazing product all year long. I take 1000mg 2x a day & have been for years.

swpchris

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2015, 05:54:37 PM »
I always run NAC. But now I run rich pianas liver and organ support sup. Its hella legit! Read the label

Qwert II

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2015, 10:32:07 PM »
I always run NAC. But now I run rich pianas liver and organ support sup. Its hella legit! Read the label

Piana's sucpp actually looks good. However, a serving is 9 caps. That's pretty pricey.

I'd just stick to NAC, Liv 52 & R-ALA & you're good to go imo for a cheap price, but I must say, Piana's supp does have lots of good ingredients.

Patmuscle

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2015, 11:38:19 PM »
link  to pianas liver and organ support/

aintitgrand

• Getbig II
  • I don't blast and cruise. I blast then up the dose
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2015, 08:18:36 AM »
I just started my second cycle of superdrol today, will get some NAC this time just in case. Any suggestions on brands? My local Popeye's has the "NOW" brand, but I really don't know which brands are good to go and which ones screw you with fillers.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2015, 09:24:48 AM »
I just started my second cycle of superdrol today, will get some NAC this time just in case. Any suggestions on brands? My local Popeye's has the "NOW" brand, but I really don't know which brands are good to go and which ones screw you with fillers.

Very reliable brand.

Adding fillers does not "screw you" as you say, it's just a "filler" nothing to lose sleep over.
?

aintitgrand

• Getbig II
  • I don't blast and cruise. I blast then up the dose
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2015, 06:44:28 AM »
Very reliable brand.

Adding fillers does not "screw you" as you say, it's just a "filler" nothing to lose sleep over.

I mean when companies have a "proprietary blend" where they pump in more rice flour than actual product. But thanks for the reply! I'll pick up a bottle tonight.

Mad-scientist

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2015, 11:45:40 AM »
My liver enzymes were perfect when i used NAC. I was on 850mgs of test and 600mgs of masteron and it had been about 4 months into the cycle when i got my blood tested. I take NAC after a heavy night of drinking to lol.

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2015, 12:05:42 PM »
My liver enzymes were perfect when i used NAC. I was on 850mgs of test and 600mgs of masteron and it had been about 4 months into the cycle when i got my blood tested. I take NAC after a heavy night of drinking to lol.
they wouldve been perfectly fine without the NAC either.

injectables dont raise liver enzymes at all so why did you even take it?

Mad-scientist

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2015, 09:46:12 PM »
I took it for preventive measures my liver enzymes had been high on a previous blood test that year. I was taking a whole bunch of supplements when I was natural and had my blood tested and I think all the supplements had raised my liver enzymes to double what they should have been. My liver enzymes though had never been as good as they were when I was on NAC so I assume it was the NAC making the difference or maybe it was the fact I was just taking injectable's and not taking 10 different supplements from GNC.

heenok

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2015, 07:46:59 AM »
Off topic but anyone knows any good cholesterol supps ?

Im taking coQ10 and arjuna for heart support but not sure if it does help with lipid values.

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2015, 01:14:43 PM »
fish oil, eggs, avocado, coconut oil

niacin, red yeast rice (the original one with the "natural" statins is banned now though)

dont eat sugar

whitewidow

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2015, 09:25:27 AM »
This is the man if you need anything for your liver! Liv-52,anti-biotics anything! say your on getbig and he will probably give you a nice price break

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=565747.0

Ive boughten alot of high quality pharmaceutical products straight from the pharmacy

equipoise

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2015, 11:08:38 AM »
fish oil, eggs, avocado, coconut oil

niacin, red yeast rice (the original one with the "natural" statins is banned now though)

dont eat sugar

Would you recommend a low dose statin? I'm thinking of taking 10mg of crestor or so a day

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2015, 12:09:31 PM »
Would you recommend a low dose statin? I'm thinking of taking 10mg of crestor or so a day
fuck no
statins are poison

whitewidow

« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2015, 05:15:00 PM »
I think there is more research on Liv-52 then on NAC but I might have that wrong but Liv-52 can help regenerate liver values same with NAC so they are good products ,milk thistle won't hurt but not as strong as liv-52 or NAC.

Marc Hugo

• Getbig I
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2015, 08:42:26 AM »
Jizmo - Crestor is too strong to start with - Statins are not poison as suggested but if they can be dodged, there's some merit in doing so as they interfere with the production of Co Q10 in the liver.  Having said that, a light dose (10mg) of Simvastatin would be the right option as it is only active during the night when LDL is produced.  Having said that, (and controls on Red Yeast Rice depend on where in the world a potential user is), I would suggest therapeutic niacin first.  Also use fish oils - up to 6g daily.  Use a natural blood thinner such as ginger caps (never aspirin as it attacks type II cartilage).

Liv52 from Himalaya is fine for liver stress but will not change blood lipid figures much; neither will milk thistle.  NAC and L-Csyteine are excellent in the mucolytic role but elsewhere the impacts are quite subtle.

Stick to a clean diet, continue exercising vigourously, keep the brews low, have oats or a decent coloid every day.  You'll be fine. 

Marc

Davidtheman100

• Getbig IV
  • Kill it
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2015, 08:40:07 AM »
"NAC" (N-Acetyl Cysteine)

Anyone ever tried it for liver support on cycle during a heavy bout of orals, etc.?

I heard Greg Valentino used this when he was running all kinds of heavy shit. He references it in one of his latest YouTube videos.

Apparently they use "NAC" to save people from liver failure caused by pain medication overdoses:

"NAC given intravenously or orally, on the other hand, saves lives every year as a treatment for acute poisoning with acetaminophen-containing pain-relieving drugs. Acetaminophen is sold as Tylenol® and combined with other drugs to create analgesic compounds, including Vicodin® and Percocet®.

Overdoses with acetaminophen are the number one cause of acute liver failure in the United States.6-8 Too much acetaminophen overwhelms the body’s glutathione reserves, which creates widespread and irreversible liver damage. NAC quickly restores protective levels of glutathione, averting catastrophe."

Source: http://www.lifeextension.com/magazine/2010/5/N-Acetyl-Cysteine/Page-01

"NAC" may be a good idea if you're taking orals. I'm no expert; just sharing the info.

I would say if you compare it to all of the bullshit supps out there that are suppose to be liver support, NAC def trumps most, if not them all... I know Cody Montgomery uses NAC for the record to protect his liver.. That being said, being able to plan your blasts most effectively that you can avoid needing liver protecting as often would be the best bet.. I'm not a big fan of orals myself anyway..

Davidtheman100

• Getbig IV
  • Kill it
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2015, 08:40:52 AM »

I would say if you compare it to all of the bullshit supps out there that are suppose to be liver support, NAC def trumps most, if not them all... I know Cody Montgomery uses NAC for the record to protect his liver.. That being said, being able to plan your blasts most effectively that you can avoid needing liver protecting as often would be the best bet.. I'm not a big fan of orals myself anyway..

Not to say the liver won't be taxed without orals... But it's easier to manage